HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

(2) If a not explictly supported Type 2 hotfix is treated as a Type 1 hotfix by HFSLIP, you can now use HFANSWER.INI to correct that. The variable is UsrExcHF1 and should be used like so:

UsrExcHF1=aolsup rootsup Webfldrs

Note that the example above shows filename strings that are already covered by HFSLIP; it's only meant as an example.

Tip: try to find strings that don't accidentally cover other hotfixes or updates.

hi TC! i just like to ask for a little clarification about this: Type 1 are those files that should be installed using the /Q /O /N /Z switch while Type 2 are those files that should be installed using the /Q:A /R:N switch, right? for naming convention that will be used in HFANSWE.INI how exactly should this be? thanks!

i like to share too that with the latest build i created earlier using 61016a, i got stuck again at T-39 (tried it 2x with the same result) ... removing the .CAT files resolved the issue ... i wonder would this have anything to do with the number of hotfixes in HF folder (considering i did not encounter this issue for quite sometime now & that i even have modified SFC_OS in FIX)?

also i encountered being stuck in the installation portion of RC ... cancelling it continues all T-13 installations ... i believe this has something to do with ASMS compression (as we have discussed in an old thread about Recovery Console) :)

lastly, i don't know if you guys have noticed but i can't seem to download the entire thread & has been limited to 823kb only (have done downloads for the past couple of days & always the same) ... it's only until this post where it gets cut: :(

You are right about the resource file. It's the same version as the one in the 2K rollup. I guess the newer date confused me.

I'm now doing a thorough check of all files and will update my lists accordingly...

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi

I use only hofixes from yours or the guys list. To find the mistake i have now taken hfslip61015b (i had on hdd)

inserted the directX Part from 61017a and........it works for both os. Only KB923191 (W2KSP4) shows a message "File or Folder called Temp already exists", but comctl.dll is copied.

Installation on a vm..ok. Tomorrow i´ll test the installation on a real machine.

Atfter that i will look for the differens between the two versions.

OK, Wela... Can you please do this:

Run 61017a. While the hotfixes are being processed, you should see HF.TXT, HF1.TXT, HF2.TXT and HF2T.TXT in the main HFSLIP folder. Copy them to another location before they are deleted. Then ZIP them up and post it here.

Thanks...

Edited by Tomcat76

Tomcat76

Maybe a bit off topic. I can't run HFSLIP right now (I'm far from my computer now).

Just wonder if it supports KB888111.EXE integration?

And in which manner: slipping files into sourse or running through SVCPACK.INF?

hi Oleg! yes it is supported :)

@Kiki: 60427b supports KB888111... :)
When you install KB888111 by hand, Windows assumes that you need it. I'll search around to see if it's really better to have Windows force-install it from SVCPACK.
Edited by Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

hi Oleg! yes it is supported :)

Thanx! Just like to know if the hotfix is extracted and integrated as separate files or ran as an EXE file :rolleyes:

Edited by Oleg_II

@Wela:

Nevermind. Try 61017b.

@Kiki:

What Super Magician said. But that switch had nothing to do with SVCPACK installs; it was for the internal HFSLIP hotfix filter that distinguishes between Type 1 and Type 2 hotfixes; they need to be handled in different ways. Either way, it doesn't matter because it's removed again with 61017b.

@Oleg II:

To be precise, KB888111 is slipstreamed but with the current final (60810) it needs the word "Windows" in its name for it to be detected properly.

Edited by Tomcat76

thanks S-M! i'd like to know what convention to use for the variable: UsrExcHF1 in HFANSWER.INI ... strings to use :)

Oleg if I am not mistaken it is integrated ... unless TC has changed it :)

EDIT: oops my reply came probably a split-second after TC posted his ... he! he!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

We need a new "final" ASAP. There are hotfixes that aren't supported by the current one.

How are things with Wela, Kiki and Camarade Tux?

Everything OK with HFCLEANUP?

The deadline I'd like to propose is Thursday.

Edited by Tomcat76

I can't do proper tests before friday evening (because I probably need to check that my SOURCE folder has no problem itself).

edit: I created an ISO from my SOURCE folder and it installed properly.

I'll now make a new pass with hfslip, without DX (who knows) and I'll try to install it this evening.

edit2: failing again. I'll come with a clear answer on friday (moreover, I forgot to remove HFCABS as I planned).

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Hi

61017b is not the answer for my problems. Theres something in the script mixing up my hotfixes all downloaded yesterday. For Example (W2kSP4 German): processing kb901017" A folder named Temp already exists. System can not find the specified file" or kb 901017 "Theres a folder named Temp. Subfolder is not empty. File can not found" or kb 909520 " The Specified File cannot accessed". :blink:

With XPSP2 Same messages. :o

Using my modified hfslip, i build yesterday, no problems. So, what is the differens between these Versions??? I only changed the directx 9 Part. :huh:

The first differens is the size of the scripts, my modified has 149,089 Bytes and 61017b has 149,442 Bytes! :whistle:

Edited by wela