Supermium

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

(You still can't download files/extensions).

Yes, that's a problem. But extensions can be installed by enabling developer mode and installing the unpacked extension. Downloading files should be checked, it may be downloading an extension of the download manager or a third-party application such as FDM.

1 hour ago, seven4ever said:

Other problem: Core Api is patching the Os SERIOUSLY, not more a real XP after the patch. For sure compatibility problems with other XP applications under core API.

Yes, a solution like VxKex that intercepts system calls rather than replacing system files would be ideal. Because OneCoreApi breaks the operation of some programs.

2 hours ago, seven4ever said:

I Aggree, but not a real problem. I have the same ESR version on Linux.

It would be a problem in the near future, Chrome 110 engine is the bare minimum for modern web, anyways Firefoxx is off-topic.

2 hours ago, seven4ever said:

VxKex is for W7 system, no ?

I know, I meant it would be nice to combine the ability of VxKex to intercept system calls without replacing system files and redirect them to OneCoreApi, which will be located in its own folder.

@ED_Sln Actually, I spoke too soon. At that time I wrote my reply to you about unable to install extensions, I saw that One Core API Canary 3.0.3 solved the issue of extensions installation. :) Here's a screenshot as proof of being able to install Adblock Plus on Supermium 118:

supermiumxp.png

I know that this is OT for this topic, but as a bonus, One Core API Canary 3.0.3 also makes Firefox versions 55-80 work, though versions between 66-80 crash so often and are unstable. Here's a picture of Firefox 65 on XP:

firefoxquantumxp.png

Now extensions are installed, but files are still not downloaded. No extensions work to intercept or replace the download. I installed Download Master (Internet Download Accelerator) and enabled the interception of links from the clipboard in it, now if you copy the link, it will be automatically added to the download.

download still won't work, open/save dialogs still won't work, and bsod will still happen for x64 xp with usb wifi adapter, and paint.net 3.5.11 will still have error even with newer version of one core api 3.0.3 canary
and again those issues it didn't mention it of fix about it in canary version, so that's why i install it only on vm just for testing of how it goes now, not real hardware, and again i think that's so nice to see extension work on supermium and other chromium based now with uncoming 3.0.3 version
 image.png.9a356fa7a8ed5cafc635bbace304f31c.pngimage.png.b5d6bb0ce56cde91daa8a1e5f7b2df9f.png

Edited by MWF

On 9/30/2023 at 12:05 AM, Dibya said:

This is supermium running on Windows XP with OneCoreAPI, if  @win32 blesses us with help to setup a build environment with our custom LLVM/Clang with thread_local support, we can port latest chromium with full source code. @user57 & Me will be lead developer in this project, but anyone is welcome.

269592845-486ab92d-29b4-4454-955c-9345d4d8b38e.png

I forgot to say this earlier but the browser on that picture is not Supermium, but a crac_ked version of Google Chrome.

Edited by woi

2 hours ago, woi said:

I forgot to say this earlier but the browser on that picture is not Supermium, but a modded version of Google Chrome from Blaukovitch (should be compatible too I think).

Okay

a dark background could actually be for energy saveing, aka it opens the question again if win10/11 is a smartphone software

screensavers do use dark parts, because dark parts dont consume power, they simple not emmiting light

an exception would be just to block the emmiting light, but that is normally not done

lots of dark parts = less emmiting lights 

lot of bright parts = more emmiting lights

actually a grafic interface that is dark could be remade for xp or even back to win95

here is a example of how a different gui style looked in windows 95