Supermium

21 hours ago, Karla Sleutel said:

Hi! Can't say much, just tried it, what I noticed so far, the brightness is off, the browser is approx. 15-20 brighter than let's say Brave, it's even brighter than Catsxp. Is it only me?

Is it supposed to be so? Thanks for the answer.

OS Wind.7 x64

Yep, the same for me, though it's closer to 15%. Brave vs. Supermium 118.

fonts is obvious, not in favour of Supermium.png

Edited by Dixel
better screenshots

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I don't see any brightness difference in Win10 x64. 

I don't have Win10, but the difference in fonts is obvious, not in favour of Supermium.

I'm not saying Supermium is bad, no. It's just very fatiguing to use it for a long time.

Compare "Get help with Catsxp" with "Get help with Supermium" on the screenshot.

Get help with Catsxp compare with Get help with Supermium.png

Edited by Dixel

I have an Xp64 installed on real machine, I don't want to touch it, OneCoreAPI is patching the Os SERIOUSLY, not more a real XP after and registration seems to gone ....

But I can test under a VM (VMware and Virtualbox have Xp 64 installed here).

Does it work under Xp 64 ?

Edited by seven4ever

3 hours ago, Karla Sleutel said:

Thanks for the detailed report! I thought I was going mad)))

It could be something related to Dwrite.dll differences. On the other hand, they somehow solved the problem in CastXP.

6 hours ago, seven4ever said:

I have an Xp64 installed on real machine, I don't want to touch it, OneCoreAPI is patching the Os SERIOUSLY, not more a real XP after and registration seems to gone ....

But I can test under a VM (VMware and Virtualbox have Xp 64 installed here).

Does it work under Xp 64 ?

It crashes when I run it on XP Pro x64 with One-Core-API. No error messages appear though, just a file named debug.log appears in the same folder chrome.exe is located. I had to unzip the installer, as the installer itself crashes.

This is the contents of debug.log:

[1002/002813.372:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(107)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[1002/002813.466:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(142)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

On 10/2/2023 at 7:28 AM, mina7601 said:

It crashes when I run it on XP Pro x64 with One-Core-API. No error messages appear though, just a file named debug.log appears in the same folder chrome.exe is located. I had to unzip the installer, as the installer itself crashes.

This is the contents of debug.log:

[1002/002813.372:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(107)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
[1002/002813.466:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(142)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

Of course it is not possible to launch anything above Chrome 102 as of version 3.0.1 (and 75 for XP 64), however it is possible to launch above 102 (including Supermium/CatsXP 117/118) on XP 32 by adding some DLLs from Wine 8.16 staging (ncrypt and bcrypt) next to chrome.exe and add "--no-sandbox --single-process --disable-webgl". Just tested it on a VM and it seems to work fine (You still can't download files/extensions).

Edit: Since One Core API version 3.0.2 got released, you don't need those DLLs from Wine, just set compatibility mode to Vista and it should work (add --no-sandbox if it doesn't start). You most likely don't need to install One Core API when win32ss successfully ported Supermium to XP.

Edited by woi

6 hours ago, seven4ever said:

Strange. It is working for Xp 32 (post 1) and not Xp 64 ?

Nothing strange, the extended Kernel for Vista is only x64. For XP it's not yet released. I don't know if it will ever be.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ED_Sln said:

One Core Api 3.0.2 + Supermium 118 = Working! :cheerleader:

spacer.png

Yes, great. But the problem is:

On 10/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, woi said:

(You still can't download files/extensions).

The last Chromium version where you can download files/extensions is Chromium 74.