Supermium

EDIT:

A few more questions:

Should we enable the flag..

"Ungoogled" Supermium Mode

A work in progress - this rolls all new privacy-protecting features in Supermium into one option – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#ungoogled-supermium

Or is it too early to do such?

Also; what do you recommend with the following:

Tracking Protection for 3PCD

Enables the tracking protection UI + prefs that will be used for the 3PCD 1%. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#tracking-protection-3pcd

DefaultEnabledDisabled

Tracking Protection Rollback Flow

Enables the tracking protection rollback flow – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#tracking-protection-onboarding-rollback-flow

Third-Party Cookie Deprecation Trial Grants for Testing

Controls creation of cookie access grants for the Third-Party Cookies Deprecation Trial. Please note that, even if enabled, this will still require #tracking-protection-3pcd to be enabled and a pref to be set, for it to have an effect. See https://developer.chrome.com/blog/cookie-countdown-2023oct/ for more details. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#third-party-cookie-deprecation-trial

Bounce Tracking Mitigations

This flag controls bounce tracking mitigations. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#bounce-tracking-mitigations

Thank you guys for everything and thank you @win32

PS: I'd like to know what you, @dmiranda, think of this new version V122.0.6261.85 - I'm having amazing results thus far. 

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

It's against a specific company. In details, since September 18, 2023 - every basic Chromium has this flag.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2023/09/18/google-chrome-is-getting-a-full-fledged-tracking-protection-feature/

Controls creation of cookie access grants for the Third-Party Cookies Deprecation Trial. Please note that, even if enabled, this will still require #tracking-protection-3pcd to be enabled and a pref to be set, for it to have an effect. See https://developer.chrome.com/blog/cookie-countdown-2023oct/ for more details. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

No, as it brakes some sites for me, it's an early alpha.

DefaultEnabledDisabled

Enables the tracking protection rollback flow – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

Only if you agree to be a guinea pig. Again, it's not related to ungoogled, it's a basic flag in any chrome.

"Tracking Protection feature in the stable version of Chrome on January 4, 2024, starting with 1 percent of users."

https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/web-browsers/google-chrome/294652/google-to-push-forward-with-chrome-tracking-protection-in-2024

A work in progress - this rolls all new privacy-protecting features in Supermium into one option – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#ungoogled-supermium

Not enough description.

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

EDIT:

A few more questions:

#ungoogled-supermium

Or is it too early to do such?

Enables the tracking protection UI + prefs that will be used for the 3PCD 1%. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#tracking-protection-3pcd

DefaultEnabledDisabled

Bounce Tracking Mitigations

This flag controls bounce tracking mitigations. – Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS, Android, Fuchsia, Lacros

#bounce-tracking-mitigations

Thank you guys for everything and thank you @win32

PS: I'd like to know what you, @dmiranda, think of this new version V122.0.6261.85 - I'm having amazing results thus far. 

Planned changes to third-party cookie deprecation work differently than what happens when you disable third-party cookies through browser settings that currently disable all third-party storage resources completely. Instead, after the change, the browser will continue to allow partitioned cookies explicitly and will automatically partition other storage. Partitioned storage is not shared between Web sites.

Also read this:

https://github.com/privacycg/CHIPS

Personally, at this time I would recommend that you do not enable the flags in question if you have third-party cookie blocking set.
Consider that Supermium does not have the anti-trackers features of Edge/Firefox (which already uses third-party cookie partitioning).
So ,for better privacy, consider adding filter lists to your ad-blocker that prevent this type of tracking.

P.S. I don't read this thread much if you have specific questions I suggest you post them elsewhere.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

20 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi, bro. I don't have much to add, really, other than it is an improvement (as I expected). Clearly the developer, @win32 knows what he is doing. That said, it is chronium, so I use it only to visit known spyware, js bloated sites. So I completely agree with @Sampei.Nihira: for a minimum of privacy, you need ublock or similar, besides the conventional (as in old) flags I already reported about, in this same thread. If you use this (or any chromium-based browser, ungoogled included), you have to accept that the members of the e-oligopoly will have access to most of your browsing behavior, and so will those with access to their logs (echelon and such). I don't mind that (for instance, I use quad9 security for DNS), but don't like it, so I prefer to use sp52 or mypal68 where possible. Be well.

Just thought I'd let you know that I fixed my 'everything too large' problem on XP with 'large fonts'.

Add '/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1' to the command line in the Supermium shortcut.
Problem solved!
:thumbup

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just thought I'd let you know that I fixed my 'everything too large' problem on XP with 'large fonts'.

Add '/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1' to the command line in the Supermium shortcut.
Problem solved!
:thumbup

Mind showing us a picture of the difference?

2 hours ago, bob_smith said:

Does anyone know if Supermium supports playback of H.265 or AV1 media?

AV1 supports, h265 does not.

• 3 weeks later...

Found a problem today when scrolling through my Instagram feed using Supermium.
It got to a certain point, and then froze, and the tab crashed, saying it was out of memory!
I tried again, looking at the RAM usage, and as I scrolled, it went up and up until it reached 98%, at which point the browser froze.
So, not too great on XP 32 bit where you can only have just less that 3GB of RAM available!
I would have thought that it would have started paging to the system drive rather than crashing out, but obviously not.
:no:

On 4/7/2024 at 8:16 AM, Dave-H said:

Found a problem today when scrolling through my Instagram feed using Supermium.
It got to a certain point, and then froze, and the tab crashed, saying it was out of memory!
I tried again, looking at the RAM usage, and as I scrolled, it went up and up until it reached 98%, at which point the browser froze.
So, not too great on XP 32 bit where you can only have just less that 3GB of RAM available!
I would have thought that it would have started paging to the system drive rather than crashing out, but obviously not.
:no:

Maybe 360EEis the better choice?

43 minutes ago, hidao said:

Maybe 360EEis the better choice?

At the moment yes it is, it's still my default browser.
It is starting to have problems with some sites though, so it's good to now have Supermium to fall back on.
:yes: