Supermium

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/23/2023 at 8:32 PM, woi said:

For those who are curious about the progress of win32ss getting Supermium to run on XP. It's from a tester.
EY8LxHt.png

ignore the ugly trapezoidal tabs. image is from here anyway https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/18p7wrn/shhhh/

Wait a second...how'd you get the oldest Chrome UI back on Supermium??

BTW, I really can't wait for Supermium to come to XP. My 22-year-old daughter's really curious about using XP in the now age!!

Edited by Dell-AA-Mayweather

On 1/5/2024 at 1:17 PM, Dell-AA-Mayweather said:

Wait a second...how'd you get the oldest Chrome UI back on Supermium??

BTW, I really can't wait for Supermium to come to XP. My 22-year-old daughter's really curious about using XP in the now age!!

I didn't, the picture is from a tester. But once Supermium 121 releases this month, there should be a option to it in chrome://flags.

EDIT: Seems like they made it as the default by looking at the commits.

Edited by woi

9 hours ago, Dell-AA-Mayweather said:

Also same here, but should be tricky with the following low specs. Still can't wait but I get the feeling I'm gonna stay with @NotHereToPlayGames chrome builds on my aged system.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/24/2023 at 6:32 AM, woi said:

For those who are curious about the progress of win32ss getting Supermium to run on XP. It's from a tester.
EY8LxHt.png

ignore the ugly trapezoidal tabs. image is from here anyway https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/18p7wrn/shhhh/

Another image of Supermium running on XP, but this time, it's from win32. See this comment:

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/150#issuecomment-1881566029

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

Image links on GitHub expires kinda quickly.

Btw, the image is probably from this comment : https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/150#issuecomment-1881566029

The image wasn't working as soon as he posted, I've waited for several minutes and hit reply. It can be checked by the time of the posts. It's several minutes only, so not likely the cause. 

6 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, thanks, it was from that comment exactly.

Re-updated the image link. Hopefully it won't break again.

No, it doesn't work. The same error, like on the previous screenshot.

6 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, thanks, it was from that comment exactly.

Yours still doesn't work. Uploading screenshots, adding images might be a very hard mission, let me help you.

You need to choose the selected image in the browser window and then click on it.

294991138-011865f5-bafc-4bcc-b165-4b9de519a7fe.png

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

No, it doesn't work. The same error, like on the previous screenshot.

I verified how long links from this "private-user-images" GitHub subdomain stays active (for absolutely no reason other than curiosity), and I found that a link lasts only 5 minutes before it expires...
So, put links to images by this method is kinda pointless, it's better to directly put the link of the comment or the issue the image is in, or upload it elsewhere then post it here.

4 minutes ago, AstragonQC said:

So, put links to images by this method is kinda pointless, it's better to directly put the link of the comment or the issue the image is in, or upload it elsewhere then post it here.

OK, thanks, I edited the post and put the link to the comment instead of the comment's image link. This is the first time I hear about links expiring from GitHub's private-user-images subdomain, though.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:08 PM, mina7601 said:

9 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

I verified how long links from this "private-user-images" GitHub subdomain stays active (for absolutely no reason other than curiosity),
and I found that a link lasts only 5 minutes before it expires...
So, put links to images by this method is kinda pointless, it's better to directly put the link of the comment or the issue the image is in,
or upload it elsewhere then post it here.

9 hours ago, mina7601 said:

This is the first time I hear about links expiring from GitHub's private-user-images subdomain, though.

... A technical explanation about all the above is to be found here ;) ; Microsoft :realmad: will no longer allow you to "hotlink" (directly to) GitHub user attachments (to save them bandwidth, so they're really being "cheap" here :angry: ) ...

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... A technical explanation about all the above is to be found here ;) ; Microsoft :realmad: will no longer allow you to "hotlink" (directly to) GitHub user attachments (to save them bandwidth, so they're really being "cheap" here :angry: ) ...

What are you so angry about? They are right. Win32 chose to place his browser and all of the developments there, on github, now his content is protected against reposting, stealing, etc. 

Someone needs to learn how to respect someone else's choice.

Edit: All famous platforms are fighting against their data scraping.

Edited by D.Draker