Dencorso

Dave-H

Wait, for real? I never talked with him personally as far as I remember, but for the short year or two I've been on this site, I've seen him *everywhere*. I didn't even know anything was wrong. Definitely did a lot and I pray him and his family peace. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very depressing news.. I had feared for the worst for some time now, given that he had not been active here, and had not responded to messages I sent previously. Den was one of the few people "online" who I considered a true friend, and I will sorely miss his presence here. While I had not spoken much with him over the past couple of years (where does the time go? :no:), he was always helpful and always ready to give clear insight on whatever issue we discussed. He was very wise, and not only on the subject of computers. While not the subject of this forum, he understood historical and political nuances that befuddle most.

I believe my first interaction with him revolved around problems with a flash drive.. and IIRC by the time it was over the discussion included rloew and jaclaz as well. Now of these greats only jaclaz remains with us. I never expected to become one of the "old ones" - yet here I am.

My pitiful knowledge can never live up to the bar set by Den and others, and I will never be the "diplomat" that he could be when dealing with differing viewpoints and difficult members. I know that this forum and the collection of knowledge that it represents mattered to him, so let us all work to continue and preserve it in memory of him.

Rest in peace my friend. You will not be forgotten.

For me, Dencorso was the soul of this place from when I first started visting here til he slowly waned from the forum.

He was the first one to reply to my first post/thread here, and to my great surprise pinned it moments later! I remember back during the 2017 crisis situation of the forum possibly disappearing, he'd PM people in charge of projects and pinned threads to make backups of everything important and be ready to regroup elsewhere to keep this community alive. I wish I'd talked to him more, but that's entirely on me...

I'm not going to repeat all the good things that have already been said above about this exceptional person, but I would like to paraphrase Den's next-to-last status update (which I think in itself can be considered the manifesto of current MSFN).
dencorso_status4.jpg.fb52860b41d6b4c3336b8a3ff1380b36.jpg
Indeed EoL != EoS (in this case End of Spirit) and the spirit of Dencorso can be kept alive here for as long as we all care to. May he rest in peace.

Edited by mixit

• 7 months later...

Please forgive me for being so late to the announcement, but I'm very sorry. Dencorso was a great guy, the post above by mixit says it all. :}

Sit tibi terra levis, dencorso.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was trying send PM today to Den regards to his health , then i failed to.

After Google Search , i landed here.

RIP Dencorso , you will be missed forever.

I guess , i am late to find this out.

My early days in forum i will mess up something , he was always their to help me,

he even saved me couple of time from other moderators for breaking rules.

Edited by Dibya

• 3 months later...

Took me a year and then some to find this out. Maybe I shouldn't have. Would've thought everybody was here, as always, him included. Would've thought everything's just fine.
But there it is... One of us - another one - has left for a while; just for a little Eternity and a day, and then who knows, maybe there will be a full board up there somewhere...

Useless to repeat all the good things that have already been thought of, written, and/or spoken about Den. We all know how he was and what he did here. We will all miss him dearly.

May he rest in peace! 🙏