My Browser Builds (Part 4)

15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Kinda ironic that Moonchild pushed this commit to actually fix browser crashes on particular websites. If it's this change that actually causes the crash I'm experiencing, then (at least) the "Win32 SSE" NM28 binaries aren't compatible anymore with their targeted hardware. Do you think you can fix this? I can't code in C/C++, so I won't be of any help I'm afraid. :(

5 hours ago, Art7220 said:

http://www.gizmoplex.com/checkout/1311-the-mask-3d?purchase=1

I cannot order anymore MST Gizmoplex episodes. The URL displays a blank white screen. It last worked on "The Shape of Things to Come".

Will a UserAgent string bring this back?

It needs support for dynamic module importing and doesn't seem to care about the user agent at first glance.

5 hours ago, Art7220 said:

Doesn't look like any XP browsers will work.

What about MyPal 68 or one of those Chinese Chromium variants?

6 hours ago, Art7220 said:

I cannot order anymore MST Gizmoplex episodes. The URL displays a blank white screen. It last worked on "The Shape of Things to Come".

Will a UserAgent string bring this back? Doesn't look like any XP browsers will work.

Oh, my version is 28.10.6a1 32-bit 2022-09-29

WORKS in 360Chrome v13.5.

If you are going to run XP (such as myself), having 360Chrome is kind of a MUST.  It doesn't have to be you "default", but you WILL need it for "some" of your web sites.  And the list keeps growing and growing for those that you will need it.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you are going to run XP (such as myself), having 360Chrome is kind of a MUST

I have four set up already. sp52 for daily browsing, and a 360 variant, artifox and mypal ready to go when things go wrong. 

The mirror of latest ArcticFox 40 (new!), BNavigator 0.9, Firefox 45ESR, IceApe 52, IceDove 52, K-Meleon 1.5.x/74/76, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28, RetroZilla (new!), RZ browser (new!) and Serpent 52/55 builds by @roytam1 has been updated -> soggi.org - tools.

changelog:
- updated "MSFN forum" link, now links to "My Browser Builds (Part 4)" [this thread]
- added latest ArcticFox 40 20221029 build
- added latest BNavigator 0.9 20221029 build
- added latest IceApe 52 20221029 build
- added latest IceDove 52 20221029 build
- added latest K-Meleon 76 20221029 build
- added latest MailNews 52 20221029 build
- added latest New Moon 27 20221029 builds
- added latest New Moon 28 20221029 builds
- added latest RetroZilla 20200131 build
- added latest RZ browser 20200127 build
- added latest Serpent 52 20221029 builds
- added latest Serpent 55 20221029 builds

To don't lose track of things I want to update too someday...

todo:
- add various flash player versions
- add FlashFix for WinXP
- add VLC 2.2.8 (WinXP non-SSE2)
- add polyfill addons

kind regards
soggi

Edited by soggi

12 hours ago, Art7220 said:

Will a UserAgent string bring this back? Doesn't look like any XP browsers will work.

Works in DCBrowser, and 360Chrome v13 and 13.5.

All firefox based forks show blanc screen only.

Firefox 28.0 for Win2000 and XP RTM/SP1 test build released.

binary: http://o.rthost.win/gpc/files1.rt/firefox-28.0-20221030-92fb45ae5-win2000.7z

repo: https://github.com/roytam1/gecko28a1-vc8/tree/win2000

Notice: this version uses modified VC8 runtime files in order to run without embedded manifest, so please make sure MSVC*.DLL is extracted correctly to same folder.

Edited by roytam1

3 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I have four set up already. sp52 for daily browsing, and a 360 variant, artifox and mypal ready to go when things go wrong. 

For those that have been following along over the years, a reminder that an increasing number of "modern" web sites now require three different types of javascript functions that break older web browsers.
     1)  Nullish coalescing operator ??  --  syntax leftExpr ?? rightExpr
     2)  Optional chaining operator ?.  --  syntax 1) obj.val?.prop, 2) obj.val?.[expr], or 3) obj.func?.(args)
     3)  Regex unicode property escapes

The first two have been partially addressed in "palefill" and "chromefill" addons - but they will not solve all web sites that require nullish coalescing or optional chaining operators.

The third type requires Chrome v64 or Firefox v78 or higher (ie, don't hold your breath on this ever getting fixed in any UXP or Mypal browser versions!).
For reference  --  https://caniuse.com/mdn-javascript_builtins_regexp_property_escapes

The mirror of latest ArcticFox 40 (new!), BNavigator 0.9, Firefox 28 (new!), Firefox 45ESR, IceApe 52, IceDove 52, K-Meleon 1.5.x/74/76, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28, RetroZilla (new!), RZ browser (new!) and Serpent 52/55 builds by @roytam1 has been updated -> soggi.org - tools.

changelog:
- added latest Firefox 28 20221030 build

todo:
- add FlashFix for WinXP
- add polyfill addons

-------------------------------------------

@roytam1 could you please answer the following questions?

- Your ArcticFox 40 build requires SSE2?
- Your Firefox 28 build doesn't require SSE (or later)?
- Your RetroZilla 2.2 / RZ browser 2.2 builds don't require SSE (or later)?
- Your Palefill Polyfill 1.23 build doesn't replace your GitHub / GitLab Polyfill 1.2.19.3 build?

Some off-topic question:

Anyone of you can access one or both FTP servers below (I get a time-out on both servers)?
ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/
ftp://ftp.cc.ntut.edu.tw/pub/
I'm asking because I need at least one file from these servers (they have the same content) and they are the only source of it, I know - even the Wayback Machine doesn't have it (as far as I know), because it doesn't archive FTP sources / FTPs.

A complete mirror of them (don't know how many GiB or TiB) would be extremely great!

The background: Maybe you know, I have all these BIOSes, drivers, manuals and stuff on my website which were partially called "lost" before I found and re-uploaded them to the live web. The file in question is another "lost" file.

kind regards and thanks in advance
soggi

Edited by soggi

10 minutes ago, soggi said:

The mirror of latest ArcticFox 40 (new!), BNavigator 0.9, Firefox 28 (new!), Firefox 45ESR, IceApe 52, IceDove 52, K-Meleon 1.5.x/74/76, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28, RetroZilla (new!), RZ browser (new!) and Serpent 52/55 builds by @roytam1 has been updated -> soggi.org - tools.

changelog:
- added latest Firefox 28 20221030 build

todo:
- add FlashFix for WinXP
- add polyfill addons

@roytam1 could you please answer the following questions?

- Your ArcticFox 40 build requires SSE2?
- Your Firefox 28 build doesn't require SSE (or later)?
- Your RetroZilla 2.2 / RZ browser 2.2 builds don't require SSE (or later)?
- Your Palefill Polyfill 1.23 build doesn't replace your GitHub / GitLab Polyfill 1.2.19.3 build?

Some off-topic question:

Anyone of you can access one or both FTP servers below (I get a time-out on both servers)?
ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/
ftp://ftp.cc.ntut.edu.tw/pub/
I'm asking because I need at least one file from these servers (they have the same content) and they are the only source of it, I know - even the Wayback Machine doesn't have it (as far as I know), because it doesn't archive FTP sorces / FTPs.

A complete mirror of them (don't know how many GiB or TiB) would be extremely great!

The background: Maybe you know, I have all these BIOSes, drivers, manuals and stuff on my website which were partially called "lost" before I found and re-uploaded them to the live web. The file in question is another "lost" file.

kind regards and thanks in advance
soggi

No problem here to access ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/ directly in New Moon 28. What file is it? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper

13 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Awesome to see you @Roytam1 updated Arctic Fox.
Thanks as always for putting up our builds on your site, soggi ... hope you are well.

No problem...this time I thought "Why not putting more builds to the mirror on my website?". I'm OK, but I still don't have the time to answer some older posts... :rolleyes:. Hope you're well, too!?

13 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No problem here to access  ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/. What file is it?

Thanks for your very fast answer! It's this, respectively this, file - Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro BIOS update. I tried NM28, PM31, WinSCP and PM31 with FoxyProxy + WinSCP with Proxy from Canada, China, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan and Taiwan...no success! Let me know if you had success! And as said above, a mirror of one of the FTPs (especially the subfolder /Hardware/) would be extremely great.

kind regards
soggi

12 minutes ago, soggi said:
39 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No problem here to access  ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/. What file is it?

Thanks for your very fast answer! It's this, respectively this, file - Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro BIOS update. I tried NM28, PM31, WinSCP and PM31 with FoxyProxy + WinSCP with Proxy from Canada, China, Czech Republic, Kazakhstan and Taiwan...no success! Let me know if you had success! And as said above, a mirror of one of the FTPs (especially the subfolder /Hardware/) would be extremely great.

kind regards
soggi

I've uploaded it to MediaFire. Here is the download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/erjx4k038m2qm3h/b1kp154.exe/file link.gif BTW, I am from Germany, too. I didn't need to establish a connection via Proxy or VPN. I connected to that server directly via my provider.

Cheers, AstroSkipper faireuncoucou.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content