My Browser Builds (Part 4)

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

let me again draw your closer attention to my original post here and its first embedded image (which I hope is visible to you ;) ), where it's clearly seen I was using NM28 v28.10.7a1 (32-bit) (2023-08-10), which, to the best of my knowledge, is "the latest release" :) ...

Kindest regards.

Sorry! Sometimes, I am simply blind. I totally overlooked the About window. starescreen.gif

13 hours ago, VistaLover said:

inside NM28's "about:config" editor, modify the pref

general.useragent.override.google.com

to a value of

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0

Then, both the homepage of userstyles.org, as well as individual userstyle pages will display as expected!

It doesn't for me:

spacer.png

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0

Neither of these two strings work for me.

1 hour ago, Reino said:

It doesn't for me:

spacer.png

what you really need is:

5 hours ago, Reino said:

It doesn't for me:

spacer.png

Hello @Reino! Allow the website userstyles.org completely in eMatrix! Then, check if you have done that correctly:

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Ok, I have managed it. :cheerleader: You must only change the UA for general.useragent.override.google.com and not the one for userstyles.org. Thanks you very much for your help, @VistaLover! :thumbup

For google.com, I use @VistaLover's SSUAO Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0. Here is a proof that it works as already reported:

NM28-userstyles-org-Disable-CSS-animatio

This is the link of the website shown in my screenshot above:
https://userstyles.org/styles/180927/disable-css-animations-and-transitions-safely
If you still have problems accessing this page in New Moon 28, simply delete the browser cache and reload it! I had the same problem. :yes: Lately, this website has really become crappy for UXP browsers, unfortunately.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 8/15/2023 at 12:09 PM, UCyborg said:

GPU-Z

Thanks, I already had GPU-Z 2.15.0 but for some reason it never shows GPU Load for me on XP.

Test PC:
HP laptop from 2008
XP SP3 + Win 7 SP1 Dual-boot

It doesn't show GPU Load on XP SP3:
KKvz2.png
FFMGH.png

It shows GPU Load on Win 7 SP1:
RRcSf.png
44MIG.png

I tested other GPU-Z versions (0.8.5, 2.2.0, 2.4.0, 2.36.0, 2.40.0), but it didn't change anything, it never shows GPU Load on XP.

Any ideas how to make it show GPU Load on XP?

7 hours ago, we3fan said:

If GPU-Z shows the GPU Load on Windows 7 but not on Windows XP, it is most probably a driver problem. Additionally, you can try other tools as for example Process Hacker or Process Explorer which can also show the GPU load. If they all fail, it is definitely a driver or missing sensor problem.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:
1 hour ago, we3fan said:

If GPU-Z shows the GPU Load on Windows 7 but not on Windows XP, it is most probably a driver problem. Additionally, you can try other tools as for example Process Hacker or Process Explorer which can also show the GPU load. If they all fail, it is definitely a driver problem.

@we3fan! Maybe, it will comfort you a little, in my Windows XP system the GPU Load is not displayed, either. :no: This is probably due to hardware and drivers. Presumably, there is simply no sensor for measuring the GPU Load. I have a very old graphics card installed there, an NVIDIA GeForce 6200. smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

YouTube 1080p videos would bring it up to between 6 and 8%

GPU usage is not relevant in this case, you need to look at Video Engine load.

8 hours ago, we3fan said:

Thanks, I already had GPU-Z 2.15.0 but for some reason it never shows GPU Load for me on XP.

Test PC:
HP laptop from 2008
XP SP3 + Win 7 SP1 Dual-boot

It doesn't show GPU Load on XP SP3:
KKvz2.png
FFMGH.png

It shows GPU Load on Win 7 SP1:
RRcSf.png
44MIG.png

I tested other GPU-Z versions (0.8.5, 2.2.0, 2.4.0, 2.36.0, 2.40.0), but it didn't change anything, it never shows GPU Load on XP.

For starters, this GPU model is not even properly detected, judging by the screenshots. Memory size: N/A and so on.

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

If GPU-Z shows the GPU Load on Windows 7 but not on Windows XP, it is most probably a driver problem. Additionally, you can try other tools as for example Process Hacker or Process Explorer which can also show the GPU load. If they all fail, it is definitely a driver problem.

From my experience, the only driver that somehow worked to accelerate video on XP, was the iCafe one (chinese for cyber cafes). 368.91

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36891-for-XP.shtml

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

From my experience, the only driver that somehow worked to accelerate video on XP, was the iCafe one (chinese for cyber cafes). 368.91

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36891-for-XP.shtml

Thanks for the link! Never heard of this driver before. I use the GeForce Release 307.83 WHQL which was actually the last official driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 6200But we don't want to go into that here, as the whole topic is off-topic. This thread is still about @roytam1's browser releases.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

This thread is still about @roytam1's browser releases.

I never tried them myself, though I am under the impression any somewhat modern browser should do video accelerating for decades now. Esp. on Nvidia and Intel GPU.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I never tried them myself, though I am under the impression any somewhat modern browser should do video accelerating for decades now. Esp. on Nvidia and Intel GPU.

you can check if browser is using driver's acceleration in Graphics section in about:support