360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Disable "libre franklin" font family and that web site displays correctly.

image.thumb.png.1253fc3b28a184a45bc1f26b05ef8e3d.png

Indeed it does!
:yes:
Is there any way of disabling that font just on that site?
:dubbio:

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm quite sure that they don't.  Factory computers.

Sorry , some problem with the photo upload (limit ?) . The text should do just fine :

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction - OFF

Antialiasing - Application controlled

Shader Cache - OFF

Texture Filtering Anisotropic Sample Optimisation - OFF

Texture Filtering Negativ LOD - Allow

Texture Filtering Quality - High Quality 

Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization - OFF

Nevermind , uploaded:

Nvidia settings.png

Edited by D.Draker

I've been trying to disable that Libre Franklin font just on Digital Spy using UBO.
The nearest I've got so far is this filter -

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Heebo:400,700|Libre+Franklin:400,700|Material+Icons

That works but seems to go too far, and the site reverts to using Times New Roman.
If I remove the reference to "Heebo" it doesn't work at all.
Is this actually possible with UBO?
I don't want to use its sledgehammer of disabling all web fonts.
:dubbio:

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Updated download for v11 in first post.

Hello there ..

Hope all is well. Am using your new build and it seems better. I don't know what you changed but I notice improvement. Thank you very much :)

Also:

Removed the *ugly* Franklin Gothic fonts.

framd and framdit

So much better and a little faster on some sites now. Thank you @D.Draker @Dave-H @NotHereToPlayGamesand I needed to clean up my fonts anyway. You should see some of the crappy fonts I'm collected over the years. I can imagine 7 is bad, I've never used it but it doesn't look pleasing by the pictures. Vista looks nice and 8 looks awful to me. 10 Looks nice but I couldn't run that on this rig with this little resources. Wouldn't want to anyway. But glad I read your postings. Sorry I've been absent lately.

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

How can I get the same result as just switching off the font in the Inspector produces?

Best route is via Stylus and a style sheet with something like "body {font-family: unset !important;" and that basically is the equivalent of unchecking the box in the Inspector.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

image.png.de4d5ca0a0290c1971659acb66815aea.png

LOL, Libre Franklin is not supposed to look like anywhere near like that. This seems to be a bug in how GDI rendering works in 360EE 11 specifically, also effects italic text @Dave-H noticed. At least it works correctly in Russian repack version 13 build 2206.

This is the best that I can get with Edge with my favorite Enhance text contrast flag (currently on Win8.1, which renders as good as Win10). Slightly worse (blurier) than Firefox.

spacer.png

A step worse is removing that flag, GDIChromium looks the same as the latter as far as web sites go, just browser UI fonts look different (so much for GDI being so much better than DirectWrite!), the final step down seems to be 360EE 11 with GDI.

Edited by UCyborg

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Best route is via Stylus and a style sheet with something like "body {font-family: unset !important;" and that basically is the equivalent of unchecking the box in the Inspector.

Oh dear, I really don't want o have to install another extension just to fix this!
I was hoping there was a simpler answer than that.
:(

@UCyborg  Agreed.  It certainly affects v11 more than other versions.  Another test site presented very early in the thread is https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/22/30-facts-you-need-to-know-your-covid-cribsheet/

However, most of us (including me) that use v11 as our default-for-everything-browser have extremely valid reasons for using v11 over v13.

Font issues that are easily fixable on three web sites out of the three thousand web sites that I have visited so far this year alone isn't going to be even a thumbtack let alone a nail in v11's coffin  :ph34r:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Oh dear, I really don't want o have to install another extension just to fix this!
I was hoping there was a simpler answer than that.
:(

Which extensions are you using?  Perhaps we can find a fix using only those extensions.  edit - and which 360Chrome version is your preference?

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames