360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

@Dave-H, welcome to the 360 browser club ! Warmest greetings ! I really think you need to write to Dixel since he made huge advancements in his version . And I mean really huge . NotHereToPlayGames is a nice fellow , don't get me wrong guys  ! I'm very grateful for his 13.5 version , I just don't really like the soft-settings approach . I prefer hard-coded , like in the Dixel's. I'm still between the two versions , moving towards the Dixel's though. Why ? There I can choose all settings within his own interface . Yes , he made an interface . Not to mention hard-coded search providers and other sweet stuff . One can choose any UA agent , privacy settings , etc. There's no such thing here , sadly . I still hope NotHereToPlayGames will create it though . 

I see no need to reinvent the wheel.  If Dixel has something that works for you, then by all means use it.

I myself do not trust a loader program that is as GIGANTIC as Dixel's loader program (16.5 MB for the version he shared with me) when Dixel chooses to HIDE the source code for that loader.

Nothing against that, don't misread.  It is a perfectly legit software methodology.  (Closed source versus Open source.)

It appears to be a spin-off of an old Opera Loader.  If you view the loader in a Hex Editor, you will find Opera Portable Light text.  You will also find opera_46_hackerman.

Who is opera_46_hackerman?  Why should we blindly trust opera_46_hackerman without knowing who he is?

Humming Owl and I provide every detail required to build our builds, we aren't hiding anything, we let people critique our work publicly (not easy for me at times, I admit).

I cannot speak towards the legality of "opera_46_hackerman" breaking license agreements.  Nor for Dixel taking a "opera_46_hackerman" project and extending it toward 360Chrome.

That's not to say that Humming Owl and I have not broken any license agreement with the original 360Chrome software company - but we aren't hiding either, the original developer can find us rather easily.

Chromium is OPEN-SOURCE software.  So is 360Chrome.

There isn's a single solitary file that I cannot open and see what's inside, edit if needed, repackage, and then use.

With Dixel's loader, I cannot see what's inside.

Everybody has to choose their own level of paranoia and I may mock other's paranoia every once in a while, but I myself cannot trust a 16.5 MB loader program that I cannot see for myself what it does.

To each their own.  Mileage may vary.

ps - I say that speaking for me MYSELF.  Others have to decide for themselves.  Which has always been my philosophy regarding web browsers.  There is no "best browser".  We all must decide for ourselves what works for our own needs.

I reiterate, I have nothing against Dixel's "loader".  It is not for ME.  But that does not mean it isn't for you.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

opera_46_hackerman

I know what Opera 46  is ! And I know why 46 and not 49 . That was the last version that accepted localized extensions on Vista . Most of the discussions about browsers on Vista and this Opera 46/47 (somewhat worked too) you can find somewhere in 2020 in the ex-kernel topic where Dixel told us this . Then he wrote this launcher for this exact version. I can only guess why this version name is still there (Dixel likes to say he's lazy/busy, guess this is why) . But the new launcher was made for this 13.5 version and it's absolutely different . It has an advanced aero interface and the size is like 1.9mb. Plenty of settings in add. tab too.

Snaps_004.png

Edited by D.Draker
pic

Makes sense to me.

I'm still no fan of "invite-only" type of software.

I do wish that Dixel would be as "public" as Humming Owl and I both are.

Google Engineers have zero interest in reverse-engineering "loaders" that a tiny handful of users even know about.

(ps, how's this for a chuckle, I actually used to think that you and Dixel were the same person, just logging in under different usernames, lol.)

On 12/24/2021 at 4:06 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Thanks.  Have not tried the  --no-sandbox parameter yet.

The "disappearing act" does seem to only be v11 (which is unfortunate because it is my favorite because the GUI loads the fastest on my systems).

But it's also completely random.  I haven't found a repeatable do A, then B, then C to force it to happen.

Hello there ...

Its been happening to me on v11. I'll log in here and post, scrolling is become choppy over the last several weeks now because of changes here, I'll open another forum and post or look at something, close that page, all all the text is missing here and have to close the browser and run ccleaner and then its ok. I'll make sure to screen shot next time. This is (indeed) unfortunate because videos only pay properly in v11. V12 is no different playing videos than 13. I tried disabling every flag that even looks slightly applicable and this is still happening. sorry still trying to find what you told us disable and will edit this posting.

Again, thank you for your attention :)

On 12/22/2021 at 6:11 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Good news!  I think!

I've kinda avoided using v13 (still avoid v13.5 but for different reasons!) because v13 was randomly crashing (especially here at MSFN!)

With Accelerated 2D canvas disabled, I've had this reply box open for an hour or so, had YouTube playing random videos, and had a Stylus stylesheet editor window open.

I think Accelerate 2D canvas is what was causing my random crashes.

Mileage may vary.  Will continue to run v13 as default for the next couple of days for verification.

Will give this a try and report back my findings.

Do you have an opinion on this and would disabling this perhaps help us on V11?

Enable pixel canvas recording

Pixel canvas recording allows the compositor to raster contents aligned with the pixel and improves text rendering. This should be enabled when a device is using fractional scale factor. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#enable-pixel-canvas-recording

EDIT:

Will try also these on V11, but I'm hoping to optimize my videos in v113.5 because that is (partly) why I can't use it. Oh and while Dixel's version is very good and secure and private, its just too much for my turtle of a computer :D

Hardware-accelerated video decode (Will Disable)

Hardware-accelerated video decode where available. – Mac, Windows, Chrome OS, Android

#disable-accelerated-video-decode
                   Disabled                   Enabled                 

Cast Streaming hardware video encoding (Will Disable)

This option enables support in Cast Streaming for encoding video streams using platform hardware. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#disable-cast-streaming-hw-encoding

WebRTC H.264 software video encoder/decoder (Will Disable)

When enabled, an H.264 software video encoder/decoder pair is included. If a hardware encoder/decoder is also available it may be used instead of this encoder/decoder. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#enable-webrtc-h264-with-openh264-ffmpeg
                     DefaultEnabledDisabled                   

Optimize background video playback. (Will Enable)

Disable video tracks when the video is played in the background to optimize performance. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#disable-background-video-track
                     DefaultEnabledDisabled                   

Enable the use of SurfaceLayer objects for videos. (Will Disable)

Enable compositing onto a Surface instead of a VideoLayer for videos. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#enable-surfaces-for-videos
Edited by XPerceniol

10 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

all the text is missing here and have to close the browser and run ccleaner and then its ok

Just close and relaunch.  No need for the CCleaner step in the middle.  Still haven't been able to find a fix for it.  Was very common if you read forum posts circa 2018 or thereabouts.

It seems to only happen to me when several tabs have a "flashing cursor" (ie, this reply box at MSFN).

But for me it's "rare".  I can have twenty tabs open all with a "flashing cursor" and be perfectly fine for several hours.

Then other days I only have two tabs open and my fonts disappear randomly.

Any idea why I'm getting this on quite a few (but not all) https sites?

Image1.thumb.jpg.9052d958080dbdf8209149c69eb4d772.jpg

Sometimes I'm also getting some sort of warning message in Russian about security problems.
If I check the checkbox and click the link underneath it, the sites then load.

Image2.thumb.jpg.eafec62a3ef95b428906491524bb35af.jpg

:dubbio: