360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have officially added you to the "ignore" feature of this website.

But how can you tell me this...there are so few of us, so we should do everything to STRENGTHEN the bonds, not the other way around...Life has become so ugly lately, and people are also starting to be unkind to each other, for no reason really! As @D.Draker wrote: "Users should be helping each other here."
I forgave thee at once, perhaps it was the effect of thou 'waking up on the wrong side of the bed,' but the sun shines for all alike!

My comments I make only to HELP solve the problems, to IMPROVE things, of course...

@msfntor, he will chill . It's just I think he is somewhat right , not that I'm saying you're wrong . But we all gotta agree on something . Like in the 5th century , when the Saxon tribes agreed to use the language of Angles (English). He is right about web-gl and web-rtc , for example . Dixel wrote it somewhere too , earlier . I totally agree it shouldn't be used , avoid such websites is our advice . 

Edited by D.Draker
spellings

9 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Still getting my head around configuring 360Chrome 13.5.
Do you know if there is an English spell checker that will work with it?
360Chrome doesn't seem the have the inbuilt Chrome spell checker that most references refer to.
American English will do, although British would be better!

This one works, not sure if this meets your expectations  --  https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/3376/

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

@msfntor, he will chill . It's just I think he is somewhat right , not that I'm saying you're wrong . But we all gotta agree on something . Like in the 5th century , when the Saxon tribes agreed to use the language of Angles (English). He is right about web-gl and web-rtc , for example . Dixel wrote it somewhere too , earlier . I totally agree it shouldn't be used , avoid such websites is our advice . 

Ok., then me too - I change my view on webgl - so it's bad.

But my priority is usability of browsers...

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This one works, not sure if this meets your expectations  --  https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/3376/

I did look at that one, but it doesn't flag up wrongly spelled works while you are typing them anywhere, which is what I'm used to with Firefox.
However, I have found one which does do that!
It's this one here.
It uses an online dictionary rather than one stored on the machine, so it's not as fast as the inbuilt Firefox version, but it's pretty good and does everything I need.
Well recommended!

Just as an aside, do you know why when I load a new tab when the browser starts, it has a progress animation on the tab as if it's trying to load something?
This never goes away. It doesn't appear on subsequent new tabs, just the first one when the browser starts up.
:dubbio:

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

Just as an aside, do you know why when I load a new tab when the browser starts, it has a progress animation on the tab as if it's trying to load something?
This never goes away. It doesn't appear on subsequent new tabs, just the first one when the browser starts up.

Hmm, not seeing that here.  Are you using anything special as your startup tab in Settings -> Basics -> On Startup ?

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Maybe it's difficult for Windows to load your browser - so maybe you have to clean your Windows, history etc., the fan...?

I just noticed something!  @Dave-H can EDIT his posts WITHOUT the post adding the "Edited <time> ago by Dave-H" footnote.

Thankfully I already had the post "quoted" before the Ignoring the spelling error (it should be writeable) was EDITED OUT without the "Edited <time> ago" footnote added when that EDIT was made.

Caught you, Mr. Dave-H.  :whistle:

In other news, the spelling error first pointed out by Dave-H is not actually a spelling error.

Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo will all flag "writeable" as mispelled but accepts "writable" as properly spelled.  :buehehe:

LOL, busted!
Yes, "writeable" is correct, which I almost immediately discovered and edited the post.
I'm not sure why I thought it was wrong!
As regards the editing, when I edit my posts I see this underneath.

Image1.jpg.786d0ebd23a8c574de87e64aede16d67.jpg

"Show that the message has been edited" is not checked by default.
I thought that was something that came in when the forum software was last updated, but if others aren't seeing it, maybe it's because I'm now a moderator.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Hmm, not seeing that here.  Are you using anything special as your startup tab in Settings -> Basics -> On Startup ?

It's set to open chrome://newtab on startup using the "open a specific page or set of pages" option.
If I don't have anything in the home page address field and set it to "open home page" it's exactly the same.
:)

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Maybe it's difficult for Windows to load your browser - so maybe you have to clean your Windows, history etc., the fan...?

I doubt that, it loads pretty fast and works pretty fast, and there's no problem with anything else.
:)

When you launch 360Chrome, immediately hit F12 then open the Network tab.  Maybe some of your extensions are doing some downloading/uploading behind your back.

Or use something like DNSQuerySniffer or TcpLogView (both from NirSoft) to see if you have some unexpected network traffic.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

9 hours ago, D.Draker said:

He is right about web-gl and web-rtc

It's funny that some people will never open their web browser in a "maximized" window and tout that as a privacy concern, but yet they will run web-gl or web-rtc and those are both a thousand times worse than a web site knowing what your screen resolution is.

24 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

When you launch 360Chrome, immediately hit F12 then open the Network tab.  Maybe some of your extensions are doing some downloading/uploading behind your back.

Or use something like DNSQuerySniffer or TcpLogView (both from NirSoft) to see if you have some unexpected network traffic.

OK, I hit F12 immediately after the browser loaded, and the inspector window came up (complete with Chinese tab labels!)
No sign of any activity, but you can see from the screen grab the loading animation on the New Tab.
It stays there until I load another page, at which point it get overwritten, and subsequent new tabs don't show it.

Image1.thumb.jpg.3808b6bb4f2ae19c553d97cbd5a225e2.jpg

Hit F12 then hit F1 and then click the second entry in the first dropdown - that will put the console in English (I forbid fonts installing so my screencap will only show "squares" for fonts I can't read to begin with).

v13.5 doesn't always "remember" this setting.  I personally don't use any version higher then 13 build 2206 because all newer builds save settings in the same location that telemetry is stored.  v13 build 2206 and OLDER is easier to prevent telemetry.

image.thumb.png.94a2abaf91861e91ae10f5ec76de32a3.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames