360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

On 1/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, Dave-H said:

Oh that is a shame, I've been using it on Firefox for years!
I've actually just been testing it on Google Chrome 49, to see if it works there, but I'm not having any luck.
I'll investigate alternatives, including the one you use.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

It is a shame, it took me so long to understand FF and its vanishing away now into obscurity. 

I've never actually used "Firefox", strictly speaking.

I've used IE6, IE8, GreenBrowser, Sleipnir, SlimBrowser, Opera 12, QupZilla, official Pale Moon 28, Chromium 49, NM 27, NM 28, Mypal 27, Mypal 28, and now 360Chrome.

All as "daily-for-everything" browsers spanning months, if not years, but all eventually died out like "Firefox" [as far as XP-support and web compatibility].

I've tried literally dozens outside of that list, but they were more out of curiosity and none of them became "daily-for-everything".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

51 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

It is a shame

I'm "mixed" on that, to be honest.

I really don't "expect" XP to last 'forever' and I actually support developers that stop supporting XP.  But I equally support developers that continue to support XP.

I personally AGREE with "official" Pale Moon's decision to no longer support XP.  I certainly do not support "official" Pale Moon trying to axe down any developer that does wish to continue support for XP.

On this speedtest.net Ookla 5G map:

https://www.speedtest.net/ookla-5g-map

- no map in DcBrowser, 360Chrome 13.5 r, 13 r, 12 r. The cause could be seen in uBlock: mapbox.com doesn't fetch these sub-links: api.mapbox.com, events.mapbox.com.

In Serpent 55 no map, but all sub-links are here...weird

13 M and 12 M works OK.

EDIT: In Serpent 55 it's OK., uBlock custom list problem resolved here..

EDIT2: 13 r build works good with this map, sorry...

Edited by msfntor
Serpent 55 OK. 13 r OK.

I would like to propose that for the New Year, that @msfntor consider please starting his own thread as opposed to cross-posting identical issues in this thread, in Humming Owl's thread, and in Roytam's thread each and every time he finds some sort of nuance in the "hundreds" of browsers (I'm exaggerating, "slightly") that he seems to use on a daily basis.

11 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I would like to propose that for the New Year, that @msfntor consider please starting his own thread as opposed to cross-posting identical issues in this thread, in Humming Owl's thread, and in Roytam's thread each and every time he finds some sort of nuance in the "hundreds" of browsers (I'm exaggerating, "slightly") that he seems to use on a daily basis.

So you prefer pretty posts about good properties only, not about issues, problems?..
Issues can happen everywhere in life, and also in your builds, you have to admit this...
It seems to me that our threads should rather talk about issues we encounter, to be able to improve things, to be able to move forward... that's the progress.
And each thread has its author: You, @Humming Owl, @roytam1...these authors rather read their threads (as you already mentioned), so it's logical to post rather what could interest each author. 
My post above is about the issues (sorry!..) of your builds, so I dare to post here, to make your life easier.

This is not a "debate".

The fact of the matter is SIMPLE - when you have an issue in DcBrowser, 360Chrome, and St55 then that website was designed for MUCH HIGHER than XP SP2.

I have officially added you to the "ignore" feature of this website.  Label that "making my life easier", don't care, life is too short to assist you personally at such a high frequency.

There aren't that many of us that are "active" on this forum - I am not here to assist you on a personal basis on the "hundreds" of posts you are constantly finding.

These "findings" are YOUR problem, not MINE.

Have a great New Year.

Reminder - I disable webgl and remove swiftshader ON PURPOSE.  If your end-use requires these "security vulnerabilities", then I have already discussed how you can add these "features" back in.  As also already discussed, I have no intentions of adding these as default out-of-the-box functionality.

image.thumb.png.ac463e61e193ed5c5d496ae7ac4f463f.png

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

...pretty posts...

spacer.png

Now that is a pretty fish! Hope that pretty enough.

~off topic~

I'd quite enjoy a new thread by you @msfntor you have a lot of knowledge about computers and speed testing and benchmarking our MSFN browsers. Why not create a thread here. Just figured I'd give my 2 cents worth.

Edited by XPerceniol

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

~off topic~

I'd quite enjoy a new thread by you @msfntor you have a lot of knowledge about computers and speed testing and benchmarking our MSFN browsers. Why not create a thread here. Just figured I'd give my 2 cents worth.

-why not?

Here: Pretty Detox Posts: 

Thank you!:)

@NotHereToPlayGames

Hi again ArcticFoxie.
Still getting my head around configuring 360Chrome 13.5.
Do you know if there is an English spell checker that will work with it?
360Chrome doesn't seem the have the inbuilt Chrome spell checker that most references refer to.
American English will do, although British would be better!
I've looked at the available extensions, but none of them do what I want, which is to highlight mis-spellings as I type in website forms.
I'm really missing the spell checker in Firefox 52.9 ESR!
Thanks, Dave.
:)

8 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Still getting my head around configuring 360Chrome 13.5.
Do you know if there is an English spell checker that will work with it?
360Chrome doesn't seem the have the inbuilt Chrome spell checker that most references refer to.
American English will do, although British would be better!

Will do some digging.

I've admittedly never used a web browser spell checker in my entire existence, so totally and completely starting from zero knowledge.