360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hi, why you have 2 (two!) explorer.exe? It's virus, one of these two?..

9 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I scanned my computer with 4 programs (Malwarebytes Antimaware / Malwarebytes Ant Root-Kit / Adwcleaner /McAfee Stinger 32) with that 2nd instance of explorer going and they didn't pick up anything at all so I restarted and now only 1 explorer; so I don't have a clue?

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Could be Folder Options->View->Launch folder windows in a separate process.

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi..

No, wasn't that. the only options I have ticked in ... Folder Options->View:

Display the full path in the address bar
Do not caches thumbnails
Do not show hidden files and folders
Hide extensions for known file types
Hide protected operating system files

That is it.

Maybe it was a glitch, because it hasn't happened again :)

I was going to agree with @UCyborg  I'm not sure how XP does it, but for my Win 7 system, I'll have one instance of explorer.exe for the desktop, then another for each instance of Windows Explorer I open. But since it hasn't happened again, then maybe it was just a glitch, so never mind. :)

Cheers and Regards

8 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I just did that and it blocks certain functions , for example I can't put likes to your posts anymore . It says something like "sorry , this function is not availalble at the moment".

I need investigate what could be wrong. Can you put picture from Ematrix or whatever matrix you use.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed!  I boycot Twitter and Facebook.  Or Meta-Whatever they call themselves.  So I don't really have a reference point regarding Twitter.

I personally use v11 (based on Chromium 69) and have little-to-no intentions of ever using v13 or v13.5.

I'm geeky enough that I'll find my own way around the "new web".  I personally don't feel the need to use a browser from 2021 just because it shall soon be 2022.

I was using Mypal and NM27, both intentionally locked at 2018 releases, for THREE YEARS before web sites that I "need" forced my hand to move to "Chromium 69".

But even the "patched-weekly" releases of Mypal and NM27 (and NM28 and Basilisk/Serpent) did not do any better on the "new web" than the 2018 versions I was "finally" upgrading from - so I started tinkering with 360Chrome.

I have no doubts that I might not get another THREE YEARS out of "Chromium 69"  --  but I should be able get two or so, THEN migrate to "Chromium 78", get another TWO TO THREE YEARS, then migrate to "Chromium 86".

And if not, I'll find something else to tinker with.

In the meantime, I keep chugging along with a "tweaked and trusted" XP and tinker with customizing 7 and 10 "on the side" so that when I can no longer navigate the "new web" on my "tweaked and trusted" XP, then I should have 7 tweaked to a level where I now "trust" it.

Then I'll have to move on from 7 and start using 10 when the rest of the world is on 15 or 22 or 36 or whatever Windows "number" we will be at when that time rolls around.

And on and on it will go, "to infiniti and beyond", until the crusty years of life where I spend the entire day hunting for where I set my teeth and have no time for tinkering on the "new web".

Boycott modern internet overall. It is too bloated, too much data collection and other big issues.

I am actually so happy when I find some pure lean and static webpage on internet instead of web framework made page

On 11/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The next planned v13.5.x rebuild is to update from 13.5.1030 to 13.5.1060.

But it's a gigantic undertaking to have to do all of these changes every time the Chinese updates their build.

v13.5 locks up on my computer the first launch every morning so it hasn't been a huge priority because I don't use it because of those lockups.

Will .1060 resolve that?  Unknown as I have a gigantic preference towards v11.  :whistle:  With v12 riding its coattails.

Disregard!  I have no plans to upgrade v13.5.1030 to v13.5.1060 becaue it still has the same first-launch-after-reboot issue and if it does this on all SIX of my computers then it really does not warrant my time when the user-base for these rebuilds is so tiny.

13 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I need investigate what could be wrong. Can you put picture from Ematrix or whatever matrix you use.

Boycott modern internet overall. It is too bloated, too much data collection and other big issues.

I am actually so happy when I find some pure lean and static webpage on internet instead of web framework made page

Strangely enough it worked today ! I was able to give a like to your post . Perhaps they just limit the amount of likes to one person per day. I'm not sure .

20 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I don't think he's saying link doesn't work, more like he doesn't want anything to do with what's in that topic.

Anyways , I think he just found an excuse to avoid creating something similar , because it's very difficult and I totally understand that ! He doesn't owe us anything , he is not in our debt or anything like that. Though, I think he could've just answered with a simple 'no' and not play mind games .

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have no plans to upgrade v13.5.1030 to v13.5.1060 becaue it still has the same first-launch-after-reboot issue and if it does this on all SIX of my computers then it really does not warrant my time when the user-base for these rebuilds is so tiny.

NEVER has this problem here, on my Windows x86 SP2.

NEVER.

-so my computer is way better that your 6 computers?..Try to find out, why?..not tweaked enough?..Or some tweak is bad?..

19 hours ago, D.Draker said:
21 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm afraid I have no clue what you are asking about, your link takes me to "ignored" content.

Strange , it works for me. What about the others ? @UCyborg, @Humming Owl, @XPerceniol, does it work for you ?

YES. No problem, very interesting topic for me, author is friendly... 

18 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Only an issue on 2GB RAM machines.  Not an issue with 3GB RAM or higher.

So could you add more RAM to your 6 computers? It is not expensive...

Do you use CCleaner?.. WiseDiskCleaner?.. I use both.

I don't "strike" you especially, but I would like to help you only...:)

Edited by msfntor

21 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Only an issue on 2GB RAM machines.  Not an issue with 3GB RAM or higher.  Your post strikes me as somewhat "high maintenance", but maybe I just ate too much turkey.

Its theTryptophan; no doubt about it :)

@XPerceniol - Same here  :thumbup

@msfntor - Um, are you kidding me?  I hope that you understand that these builds take a very large amount of my time and there really is only five or six of us that use 360Chrome and that is mine plus Humming Owl's.  I do not mean to offend, you have been extremely helpful with testing these rebuilds along the way.  But that aside, you sound a bit "ticked off" that I have no interest in v13.5 and that since it seems to be YOUR favorite, all of a sudden you seem to be "taking it out on me" for me not being as interested in v13.5 as you are.

By all means, Christmas is just around the corner.  One computer only has two DDR2 slots so one of those 1GB sticks is now junk when you buy me a 2GB DDR2 that I can add to that machine in order to get it to 3GB.  Add four 2GB DDR3 sticks and I'll have MY computers where YOU want them to be.

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2GB DDR2 that I can add to that machine in order to get it to 3GB. 

YES, do that! I'm NOT kidding, why?

"YOU want them to be" - but YOU, YOU want them to be surely! 

YES, I'm "interested in v13.5" development progress, like all other members surely. Nothing bad here?...

You wrote that "there really is only five or six of us that use 360Chrome" - WHY you don't wrote topic(s) about your work on other websites? - like wilderssecurity.com, malwaretips.com, ghacks.net etc?

Edited by msfntor

14 minutes ago, msfntor said:

WHY you don't wrote topic(s) about your work on other websites? - like wilderssecurity.com, malwaretips.com, ghacks.net etc?

Feel free, if you think it will add to the user-base.  (I am doubtful!)

Personally, I had a vested interest in getting the "new web" to work and I have achieved that goal - "my work here is done", so to speak.

"interested" in progress is one thing, telling my to update my computers for your own personal gain is another altogether.

ALL of the info that you need to CREATE YOUR OWN version exists here at MSFN.

"Teach a fellow to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime" - I'd encourage you to start creating your own v13.5 and no question is too small, ask away when you need help with the next step - "my work here is done", so to speak.