360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Have you ever looked up the informal definition of "high maintenance"?  :roll1:

I wouldn't add an extension just to change an empty New Tab.

You can create your own New Tab and be creative as you want with it (I personally don't use "bookmarks" and use my own New Tab with all of my favorite links).

Place this file in the same folder that contains "chrome.dll" (and test by disabling "Dark Empty New Tab")  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yy90s71jcnu5qw/newtab.zip

It's nothing more than an .html file inside a .zip and you can be as creative as you want with it, limited only by your own imagination.

8 minutes ago, msfntor said:

We, the users, are looking for browsers that work without problems.

Uncalled for !!!  What you define as a "problem" does not qualify for what others define as a "problem".
Some of your "problems" really do require you to start learning how to do some of these modifications yourself instead of thinking us "developers" are here at your becking call.

2 minutes ago, msfntor said:

That's why I need my meteoblue.com weather channel website, to see everything...especially precipitation forecasts...best fun is to see satellite/radar animated maps, it's a must for me...So could you, the developers, look at this problem and make sure I can be happy with all these maps... Thank you in advance!

PS. Only 12 M and 13 M builds work good with my meteoblue.com (look in my precedent post about, it's above in this page)...

21 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

To restore those two maps, you will need to make your browser "less secure".

Edit the loader .ini file and remove these two entires  :::   --disable-webgl --js-flags=--noexpose_wasm  (you will need webgl for sure, unsure if the latter entry needs removed or not)
Then copy the "swiftshader" folder and the libGLESv2.dll from any of Humming Owl's releases into the equivalent folder structure in my release.

But do this knowing that these were removed for the sake of added security.
"swiftshader" is not limited to Vulkan GPUs, though it may have been when first introduced.
It is required for those "3D" maps.

I personally advise against enabling webgl (required for swiftshader) just for the sake of a weather forecast (weather web sites are a dime a dozen) - but totally your call, it is your computer  :ph34r:

I understand, but it's for developer to provide the product without problems, I think...

18 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Have you ever looked up the informal definition of "high maintenance"?  :roll1:

I wouldn't add an extension just to change an empty New Tab.

You can create your own New Tab and be creative

"I understand, but it's for developer to provide the product without problems, I think..." - so offer an easy one click solution ...

And if user of your products demand something, you mustn't laugh at us, it's not nice...

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you want WebGL, that's on you.  It is a security risk and unneeded.  I have removed it for a reason and I will not be adding it back in.  Again, if you want WebGL, that's on you.

Fortunately there are other possibilities without this prejudice, so there is the choice...

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Please don't make "demands".  Please make "requests" instead.

Clearly a "language barrier".  Not worth "arguing".  Have a great day!

And if user of your products requests something, you mustn't laugh at us, it's not nice...

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

I prefer to have dark new tab page.

That's why I've downloaded this extension "Dark Empty New Tab" from the Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-empty-new-tab/ibhbphfpfmpihppoipbejdicimnhmndh/  (4.17 KB only).

This extension works without problem in DcBrowser, so I'm happy with it.

But it's NOT working in all 360Chrome builds, versions r and M too...

So could you developers please look into why it is not working, and make sure I can be happy with all these 360Chrome builds too, please?

By the way, I found in Task Manager, that original Tab: New Tab has Memory Footprint 19 904 K, and from Dark Empty New Tab extension Tab has 16 940 K only, in my DcBrowser.

Approximately, this changes a little with time...

Have you tried using about:blank as the empty tab instead of using a chrome://newtab/ (which is the URL for the default "new tab").

Other than that, the difference between 19,904 and 16,940 is tiny, relatively speaking.  I have not loaded "Dark Empty New Tab" for my own compare-contrast.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 11/21/2021 at 7:46 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The "Build Process" would basically be a small GUI with a series of checkboxes (not in these colors per se) --

image.png.81045089acb75407f145d84ebcc20c87.png

I'd be open to adding a checkbox row for "with WebGL and SwiftShader" and "without WebGL and SwiftShader".

But a reminder that a "top-level" 'developemental' approach to having tons of options because no one release is going to make 'everybody' "happy" does increase the file size of the end product.

Some of us just won't be "happy" no matter what, but this is an attempt at "trying" to appease the masses.

Disappearing fonts/images bug , started recently with any of the 13th versions , don't know about 12. , v.12 simply can't work at most of the websites I use.

Looks like the page suspends itself after some time (short time , I must say) . But why ?