360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed, same here.

I never used v11 long enough to encounter crashes with v11.  Nor did I use it long enough to stumble upon the rebase and I've only ever used v11 without rebase.

My v13 crashes seem to always be extension-related (even with only ONE extension).  When I downgraded the extension to an OLDER version, stability returned to v13.

I have not had any of these crashes with v13.5.

It started more or less 1 months ago, before then I had even another extension (bookmarks sidebar) and never encountered any problem. In the last month started to crash, but often 360ee doesn't close, just the tab freezes or aw snap appears, that makes me think something has to do with web pages compatibility.

You could be right. In theory, I suppose it's possible that some newly-embraced JavaScript feature might confuse the JavaScript parsing code in an old browser like v11 so badly that it crashes rather than just signalling a syntax error. Perhaps one or all of the newly-common assignment operators (??=, &&=, or ||=) throws it for a loop.

can anyone help, 360 chrome did used to play Netflix now it doesnt I get

chrome//settings/content.protectedContent ,  where do i find that

visiting learn more I get

chrome://components, find "Widevine Content Decryption 

is there a way of making exreme explorer play Netflix again

can 360 do widevine ?

I got silvelight installed

also widevine is in C:\Programs\360 Chrome\Chrome\Application\components\widevine12/1.4.8.1008

Error code M7702

thnx

Edited by DrWho3000

1 hour ago, DrWho3000 said:

widevine12/1.4.8.1008

Can you .zip these and PM me with the .zip file?  My Widevine here at work is version 4.10.2652.0 and does not work in 360Chrome v13.5 (I can get test pages to indicate I have Widevine installed, but the demo page video will not play).

IIRC Widevine 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 are too old and have been blacklisted by Google, so they won't work.

Silverlight used to work for Netflix, but Netflix may have stopped supporting it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 11:08 AM, DrWho3000 said:

can anyone help, 360 chrome did used to play Netflix now it doesnt I get

In my experience with both sets of 360mods publicly available, Netflix never worked with them. 360 wants to play netflix with html5, and (to my knowledge) doesn't "see" silverlight.

In xp, roytam1's sp52 (I also used to try Netflix with his other builds, some time ago) plays netflix if you have silverlight.

Edited by dmiranda

Netflix used to work on my version.  But I disable "automatic" Widevine installation and leave it to the end-user to MANUALLY install Widevine (same goes for Flash as far as that goes).
I haven't tried Netflix (or Hulu) via 360Chrome for several months.  I suppose it's possible that older versions of Widevine get "blacklisted" on the server-side and I doubt there is any client-side fix if that is the case.
I've never installed Silverlight (never trusted it, I avoid "installs" and seek "portable" alternatives instead).
I rarely Netflix/Hulu via computer but I know for a fact that they both definitely used to work in 360Chrome v13 and v13.5 on XP.
One of these weekends I may revisit to make sure Netflix/Hulu "still" works - but it's kind of low-priority at the moment.

9 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I don't know anything about Netflix, but it's possible their server assumes Chromium based clients don't do NPAPI and don't even attempt to detect it properly.

If so, an obvious thing to try would be Silverlight plus a custom user agent. You could try "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.9", which is what Serpent 52 uses.