360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

14 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

really don't see why a rebase would change how the browser interacts with websites :dubbio:

Yeah, me neither. I'm trying v13 --> (Updated 22/03/23), Version: 13.0.2250.0 Based on Chromium: 86.0.4240.198 32bit. No idea why. Previous version was doing well.

It was indeed a silly mistake. I downloaded the first 11.0.2251.0 file, instead of 13.0.2310.0

None of the issues I pointed out appear in 12.0.2310.  11.0.2251.0, no surprise, was the issue with these social media. Obviously, then, newer versions in my setup, and with your modded 360 make a difference. My apologies, @Humming Owl. Will report back as I test more thoroughly. Thanks!

Noname.png.b05c6752ab458d136e21fb18fd369d0f.png

I can run facebook, three yt (everytime yt is loaded, ram use goes up like crazy, but it goes down quite fast too) and linkedin in yout last 360 mod, while running 5-6 tabs in SP52.  Very strong. 

Edited by dmiranda

• 1 month later...

@Humming Owl

Hi and thank you for your work!

I have an issue with 360EE_13.0.2310.0 installed on an XP SP3 machine. I'm watching an online video the screensaver runs after 3 minutes (it is set at 3 minutes). If I watch the same video using other browser I can watch it until the end. Is there a setting in the browser that I can change to prevent the screensaver from running while watching the video?

Thanks!

Browser should prevent screensaver/sleep naturally when playing videos, seems that part is simply broken in 360Chrome. In JavaScript, WakeLock may be requested to block screensaver/sleep for other use cases. You can try this test:

https://reillyeon.github.io/scraps/wakelock.html

But it won't work if the browser is broken.

I think this is an XP versus non-XP issue.

360Chrome v13.5 (which should behave the same as the referenced 360EE_13.0.2310.0) does NOT disable the screensaver be it full-screen mode or not when on XP.

But the same EXACT profile of 360Chrome v13.5 ran on Win10 does disable the screensaver.

Can you run Official Chrome v49 (last official for XP) and see if it disables the screensaver or not?

I will later this evening if nobody else beats me to it.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I think this is an XP versus non-XP issue.

360Chrome v13.5 (which should behave the same as the referenced 360EE_13.0.2310.0) does NOT disable the screensaver be it full-screen mode or not when on XP.

But the same EXACT profile of 360Chrome v13.5 ran on Win10 does disable the screensaver.

Can you run Official Chrome v49 (last official for XP) and see if it disables the screensaver or not?

I will later this evening if nobody else beats me to it.

I installed Chrome 49.0.2623.112 and it does the exact same thing, doesn't disable the screensaver.

https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/refs/tags/86.0.4240.99:services/device/wake_lock/power_save_blocker/power_save_blocker_win.cc

Guess this was not properly adapted for case of missing APIs on older OS. Calling JavaScript code is lied to that the request was fulfilled, but effectively does nothing.

Edited by UCyborg

For me 360ee v11 rebased started to crash like crazy. I have only ublock origin installed, on windows XP SP3. Maybe there is some setting which I should edit? I had hw acceleration disabled, I've tried to enable it and check if will make any difference. Unfortunately in addition some sites starts to do not like the browser anymore, I've seen that happens with 360ee 13 too.

Edited by Chuck

4 minutes ago, Chuck said:

For me 360ee v11 rebased started to crash like crazy.

I've seen that happens with 360ee 13 too.

Agreed, same here.

I never used v11 long enough to encounter crashes with v11.  Nor did I use it long enough to stumble upon the rebase and I've only ever used v11 without rebase.

My v13 crashes seem to always be extension-related (even with only ONE extension).  When I downgraded the extension to an OLDER version, stability returned to v13.

I have not had any of these crashes with v13.5.