360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

• 2 weeks later...

In MiniBrowser, DcBrowser and in 360Chrome forks, for DeepL Translator and DeepL Write to work, you must manually allow deepl.com in your uBlock (so s.deepl.com and www2.deepl.com scripts are allowed), otherwise you will get the irremovable warning window (in English or in your language):

"Please change your browser DeepL no longer supports Internet Explorer, so it may not work properly in this browser. For the best experience, please open DeepL in Microsoft Edge or any modern browser. Or Download DeepL for Windows Cancel Open in Microsoft Edge"

PS.

..and allow scripts too...

Edited by msfntor

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

In MiniBrowser, DcBrowser and in 360Chrome forks, for DeepL Translator and DeepL Write to work, you must manually allow deepl.com in your uBlock (so s.deepl.com and www2.deepl.com scripts are allowed), otherwise you will get the irremovable warning window (in English or in your language):

"Please change your browser DeepL no longer supports Internet Explorer, so it may not work properly in this browser. For the best experience, please open DeepL in Microsoft Edge or any modern browser. Or Download DeepL for Windows Cancel Open in Microsoft Edge"

PS.

In China, many extensions we couldn't to use, thanks for the GFW...

Hi Humming Owl, would you mind putting a notification -I guess, a post in this thread- when you update your work? I hadn't checked the first page since November last year, and see now you've updated your browsers on 3/22.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, dmiranda said:

would you mind putting a notification -I guess, a post in this thread- when you update your work? I hadn't checked the first page since November last year, and see now you've updated your browsers on 3/22

... That post has been already posted by @Humming Owl on the exact day (Mar 22nd) "his" builds were "updated":

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/?do=findComment&comment=1241679

BTW, I enclosed updated in quotation marks ;) because, IIUC, nothing new web-compatibility-wise was introduced, instead some core DLLs were given the "rebase" treatment so as to reduce RAM consumption under Windows XP...

So, respectfully, one concludes you must've missed that "notification" post you asked for :dubbio:...

Best Easter wishes :)

On 4/9/2023 at 1:39 PM, VistaLover said:

So, respectfully, one concludes you must've missed that "notification" post you asked for :dubbio:...

Yes I did. I use 360chrome mostly for social media (FB, Linkedin, and the like). Your 360EE_11.0.2251.0_Modified.7z mod, @Humming Owl, is for some reason not giving me the full fucntionality of previous ones I got from 360EE_13.0.2310.0_Modified.7z   For example, after sigining in I can't access the Linkedin fed, nor messages within facebook or in the separate messenger tab, things I could do with the previous one. Has anyone noted similar issues? Thanks! Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by dmiranda

10 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, and I won't hesitate to do so again.
We do not allow political debates, and certainly not slanging matches, in technical threads here.

Happy to see that, thank you...

On 4/9/2023 at 5:53 PM, dmiranda said:

Yes I did. I use 360chrome mostly for social media (FB, Linkedin, and the like). Your last build, @Humming Owl, is for some reason not giving me the full fucntionality of previous ones.  For example, after sigining in I can't access the Linkedin fed, nor messages within facebook or in the separate messenger tab, things I could do with the previous one. Has anyone noted similar issues? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in the answer. Can you tell a little more about the version? do you still have the older package?
I really don't see why a rebase would change how the browser interacts with websites :dubbio:

Cheers.

On 3/27/2023 at 4:06 PM, Milkinis said:

why DC and not other similar looking browsers ? maybe you didn't know them all and it was the only one you found out back in the day :dubbio:

Snap-Crab-No-Name-2021-10-30-23-23-33-No

I knew about those but they are basically copies of DC. IIRC the original one was FX browser.
TS browser has a permanent certificate issue with all websites no matter what you do. I have not used ChromeCore.