How many will continue using XP?

sparty411

Not that Gnome classic is in any way pleasant to the eye.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder still,  after all these years, I still cringe at the general ugliness and clumsyness of *most* Gnome desktops (*any* version) looks, IMHO KDE is way better.

Anyway, most probably the best candidate for an XP->Linux transition is -still IMHO - Zorin OS (Gnome based):

https://zorinos.com/

or Netrunner (KDE based):

https://www.netrunner.com/

jaclaz

Not a Linux fan, though. q4os won't beat XP with it's almost exact looking theme;)

(And NO i won't upgrade from XP! I Will use it until all of my compatible computers die :cool:)

2 hours ago, caliber said:

I was expecting you to include Q4OS.  I just never felt Zorin was all that Windows Like.

Now RoboLinux looks interesting.  Can you just run a Windows application seamlessly on the Linux dektop, or does it need to boot the whole OS in a VM?

On 4/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, Windows 2000 said:

I will keep using Windows XP on my main PC as long as it is able to run the internet acceptably.

Speaking of usable internet, why doesn't YouTube load okay since yesterday on Chrome with modified user agent?

Edited by Windows 2000

How is your UA modified?

If you're spoofing a newer Chrome version, Google probably started using CSS or Javascript that works on the newer version, but not on the version you actually have.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.63 Safari/537.36

One goes beyond Chrome 51.0.2704.63, things start not working. 49 => 51 is not much of a spoof, but that's as far as one can go. :yes:

39 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

How is your UA modified?

If you're spoofing a newer Chrome version, Google probably started using CSS or Javascript that works on the newer version, but not on the version you actually have.

It seems that it may be just that.

18 minutes ago, dencorso said:

One goes beyond Chrome 51.0.2704.63, things start not working. 49 => 51 is not much of a spoof, but that's as far as one can go. :yes:

I've been spoofing it to 72 without any problems whatsoever. It's been like a month now since I've started using it.

That's very unfortunate :(

I believe there are add-ons that will let you customize your UA according to the Web site. (I know they exist for Firefox.) You could then send 51.0.2704.63 to YouTube without affecting anyone else.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:15 PM, FranceBB said:

You can still use GNOME Classic on Fedora, you just have to decide it when you log in, after booting. You can choose GNOME Xorg, GNOME Wayland or GNOME Classic.

For the records, I don't really like the tabled/android-like feel of the "recent" version of GNOME.

When Fedora got rid of 32 bit support and the 4-gig DVD iso it basically became a POS. I quite frankly don't want to be tied down to an online installer for something like this. The live image is also a sick joke for installing something.like this.

Edited by c.lee