My Browser Builds (Part 1)

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralThrawn said:

I compiled myself an ffmpeg version targeting XP 32-bit and also XP x64 last weekend. Built on CygWin, removing bcrypt/schannel and avssource stuff (because I don't have that on CygWin), and replacing the crypto functions with OpenSSL. I can confirm that this works without any Windows API modifications; No Extended XP or anything on my machines, it's all regular Microsoft stuff:

ffmpeg 4.0.2 64-bit on XP x64

(click to enlarge)

cygwin builds doesn't use w32threads, so it is non-issue here. but native builds that people using does use SRWLocks and bcrypt.

8 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

cygwin builds doesn't use w32threads, so it is non-issue here. but native builds that people using does use SRWLocks and bcrypt.

It is possible to redo those commits. When compiled with Vs2015/2017 they work for encoding some video.

23 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Hi :); unfortunately, both the current Firefox (53+) full browser extension (at version 3.2.32) and the limited Old Firefox (48+) browser extension (at version 1.0.6) are of the WebExtension type, a format that Pale Moon (hence New Moon) does not support by choice/design :no:; OTOH, Serpent 52.9.0 comes with a limited set of WebExtension APIs, so you might want to check your luck there ;) 

I was successful in installing the full extension on both Serpent 52.9.0/55.0.0,

C7BuxQR.jpg

but since I don't have the app installed (nor a MyJDownloader account), I can't test the extension is fully functional! ;)

Hope I've helped... :P

Hi, yes it works..thanks.

Although it seems a little less fast than New Moon, Basilisk flows smoothly ;) 

15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Ah, I see. Of course, with CygWin I'm relying on POSIX threads. Haven't considered that. Also didn't know that you are compiling with the MSVC toolchain.

2 hours ago, Outbreaker said:

Would it be possible to add a link to the newest versions into the Help option of this browsers?

In either New Moon (28.2.0a1) or Serpent 52.9.0, open a new tab and load

about:config?filter=release

Right click app.releaseNotesURL  and select Modify (or the equivalent translated string if you're using a langpack in NM28); in the popup that opens, paste in the entry field the following URL: 

http://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/search/label/browser

Hit OK button and, optionally, restart browser...

Now, when you go to

about: (in a tab) => release notes 

or

Help -> about New Moon -> (popup opens) Click Release Notes (botton right)

a new tab will open to RT's Free Soft: browser , which has all the (latest) links you want (and even links to previous builds) :P

(An even more elegant solution would be to just bookmark above URL! ;) )

:hello:

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

In either New Moon (28.2.0a1) or Serpent 52.9.0, open a new tab and load

about:config?filter=release

Right click app.releaseNotesURL  and select Modify (or the equivalent translated string if you're using a langpack in NM28); in the popup that opens, paste in the entry field the following URL: 

http://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/search/label/browser

Hit OK button and, optionally, restart browser...

Now, when you go to

about: (in a tab) => release notes 

or

Help -> about New Moon -> (popup opens) Click Release Notes (botton right)

a new tab will open to RT's Free Soft: browser , which has all the (latest) links you want (and even links to previous builds) :P

(An even more elegant solution would be to just bookmark above URL! ;) )

:hello:

Ahh nice. :)
Do i also need to add the LVA file into the
basilisk/UXP folders too? :dubbio: Because it's playing videos also without this files. :wacko:

47 minutes ago, Outbreaker said:

Do i also need to add the LVA file into the basilisk/UXP folders too?

... If you're referring to the LAV filters :

On 10/1/2017 at 7:47 PM, roytam1 said:

Q: Can't play H264 clips? (for PM27/KM76)
A: Download following packages for your browser edition(32bit/64bit) and extract DLLs to same place as palemoon.exe lives.
  32bit LAV dlls are in separated package (extracted from K-Lite codec pack 13.5.5)
  https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/lav.7z

as stated, those are NOT NEEDED for either NM28/ Serpent52 ; these browsers, built on the UXP platform, have a different implementation of being able to play back media files with patented codecs (h264/aac) : they do not rely on LAV filter .dlls but use a modded version of the ffvpx library; this is on XP, where system decoders are unavailable - on Vista+, they can also use system decoders via Media Foundation framework, but I'll have to ask @roytam1 which decoders have priority there (WMF | ffvpx) when both are available to the browser (media.wmf.enabled;true, media.ffvpx.enabled;true) :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

I'm pretty sure the Twitter audio bug was narrowed down to the ffvpx library. Go to about:config, search for media.ffvpx.enabled and switch it to false.

If you're using XP you'll also need to download and install the Adobe Primetime CDM as described in the next sticky. Edit: Aaand, I just remembered, that only works in Serpent, not NM 28. :(

Edited by Mathwiz

the Basilisk browser does not have such a bug. I have just checked media.ffvpx.enabled and it's in true mode

the PM in false mode comes up with this message ''We cannot play the video in this browser. Please try a different web browser''

I won't download anything. there must be a way to get it to work by default.

Well, it isn't really used for DRM content decryption anymore, and Vista users have the Windows Media Framework to fall back on if ffvpx fails them in some way (like the Twitter audio bug). So if you're on Vista, I can't see why you would need or want it. But it is useful on XP.

Since the same browser is used by users of both OSes, it probably makes sense to keep it separate. That way XP users can install it if they need it, without bloating the package for Vista users.

Besides, like any add-on it gets installed in your profile folder, not the main program folder, so it would be tricky to include in the browser package anyway.

Ever considered of installing HTML5 media tuner add on in New Moon ? My NM works flawlessly basically everywhere.

Cheers

PS: unfortunately it does not work in Basilisk

Edited by Tangy
Basilisk