Jump to content

Latest Version of Software Running on XP


pointertovoid
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Auto Screen Capture supposedly needs at least Windows 8. It turned out that application doesn't depend on anything that only newer systems have. Here's the fixed version that will happily run on XP/Vista/7 (.NET Framework 4.0 required). These were required code changes.

Edited by UCyborg
Exact version of .NET Framework
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From December 2018, I will no longer be a beta-tester. As result, I have not been included in the talks about the development of Avast 2019, but Avast 2018 will be the latest version supported by Windows XP. Avast 2018 will receive security updates and bug-fixes, but XP users won't get the chance to upgrade to Avast 2019 and future versions. Which means that, even though Avast is an already really complete Antivirus, new features won't be included in the XP version. This is not something new, as all the older version of Avast still receive security updates, that's why Windows 98 users can still install Avast and get definitions updates on a former version of the Antivirus. The XP beta program is gonna end soon and the 18.x.x is gonna reach a stable version soon and will be updated to fix all the bug.

The same applies to Vista.

Edited by FranceBB
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, sdfox7 said:

SeaMonkey was updated from 2.49.2 to 2.49.3 on May 4. However, I've discovered that "Check for Updates" from the file help menu does not detect the update, and it is necessary to manually install the update (https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.49.3/win32/en-US/SeaMonkey Setup 2.49.3.exe).

I filed a bug report on Bugzilla today: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1468378

SeaMonkey 2.49.4 (https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.49.4/) has been released. It's based on FF 52.9 so there's a good chance it'll be the last XP version.

According to https://www.seamonkey-project.org

Automatic upgrades from previous versions are, for most configurations, disabled for this release. If you need to upgrade from an earlier version, please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.49.4 manually over the previous version.

Edited by Mathwiz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi to all.

The new version 107 of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/233604-112197-not-working-on-xp/

now works correctly.

Download:

https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/341m41qo10b0jkv6tkuj0w0jhlpaimus

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Hi to all.

The new version 107 of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/233604-112197-not-working-on-xp/

now works correctly.

Download:

https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/341m41qo10b0jkv6tkuj0w0jhlpaimus

 

New version is not officially released: 109

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

or

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web/mbae-setup-1.12.1.109.exe

Edited by Osan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Osan said:

Hi.

You need to check if there is a regression compared to version 107 on XP:

 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/233619-v1121100-clash-with-acrobat-reader-dc/?tab=comments#comment-1261866

Post 15/16:

 

Quote

Does the .107 build incorporate both the Acrobat Reader AND the XP fixes discussed in a separate thread?

 

Quote

Yes the 107 build has fixes for both. Thanks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Hi.

Available now Noscript 5.1.8.7.

Quote

Notice: you may need to open about:config and set your xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false in order to install, since Mozilla doesn't support signatures for legacy add-ons anymore.

 

 

https://noscript.net/getit

Edited by Sampei.Nihira
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

2018 is almost over, 2019 is quickly approaching and you know what's gonna bring 2019? New version of Visual Studio and Intel Parallel Studio, which basically means new version of C++ Redistributable.

Intel already released the new Intel C++ Redistributable and they are compatible with Windows XP, so a big fat "thank you" to Intel. :D 

As to M$, the Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2019 have not been released yet, as Visual Studio 2019 is still in beta, but I hope they'll support XP.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-for-intel-c-and-fortran-2019-compilers-for-windows

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, FranceBB said:

2018 is almost over, 2019 is quickly approaching and you know what's gonna bring 2019? New version of Visual Studio and Intel Parallel Studio, which basically means new version of C++ Redistributable.

Intel already released the new Intel C++ Redistributable and they are compatible with Windows XP, so a big fat "thank you" to Intel. :D 

As to M$, the Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2019 have not been released yet, as Visual Studio 2019 is still in beta, but I hope they'll support XP.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-for-intel-c-and-fortran-2019-compilers-for-windows

I hope  visual c++ 2019 will be xp compatable :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adobe Reader 11.0 (Acrobat Reader XI) is the final supported version on Windows XP (requires SP3). However, a final update was released in 2017 which brings it up to 11.0.23. It's not widely publicized.

EDITED: 11.0.23 is a CUMULATIVE update. This means updating to 11.0.23 requires having the 11.0.10 or higher version already installed. You can download the 11.0.10 installer from here (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe) and then update to 11.0.23 here: (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.23/misc/AdbeRdrUpd11023.msp) (these are United States English, you can pick the proper link for your country in the root directory: (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10)

I've also archived them for the inevitable day Adobe deletes them from the server: Installer (http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe) and update (http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/AdbeRdrUpd11023.msp)

If you have XP SP2 you'll have to take Adobe Reader 9.5 (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.5.0/en_US/AdbeRdr950_en_US.exe) and update to 9.5.5 (ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.5.5/misc/AdbeRdrUpd955_all_incr.msp)

EDIT (I added this to a later reply in this thread):

I may have made a mistake. Download the newer 11.0.10 installer, then update to 11.0.23. I wasn't aware there were installers available for the versions after the RTM 11.0 release.

The 11.0.10 is the last installer made available, the remaining updates are cumulative and require a previous version of the product installed. I'm pretty sure you will be successful.

Adobe Reader 11.0.10: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe

Adobe Reader 11.0.23 update: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.23/misc/AdbeRdrUpd11023.msp

Edited by sdfox7
add info related to cumulative 11.0.10 and .23 updates
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2018 at 2:15 AM, Mathwiz said:

SeaMonkey 2.49.4 (https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.49.4/) has been released. It's based on FF 52.9 so there's a good chance it'll be the last XP version.

According to https://www.seamonkey-project.org

Automatic upgrades from previous versions are, for most configurations, disabled for this release. If you need to upgrade from an earlier version, please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.49.4 manually over the previous version.

and unofficial 2.49.5 is available here: https://www.wg9s.com/comm-esr/

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...