Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't have them myself but when OnePiece Alb created his various update packs and addons he collected these. Thankfully he posted them on box.com for public access. WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ARA.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-PTB.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-CHS.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-CHT.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-CSY.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-DAN.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-NLD.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ENU.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-FIN.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-FRA.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-DEU.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ELL.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-HEB.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-HUN.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ITA.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-JPN.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-KOR.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-NOR.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-PLK.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-PTG.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-RUS.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ESN.exe WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-TRK.exe
  3. Today
  4. MVoloshin

KernelEx for Win2000

Do I need Multi Core Limitter break patch in order to get >2 CPU support with Extended Kernel? Does provided NT Kernel include all security updates which were released for it before? Will such configuration be stable enough?
  5. Dave-H

Newest Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and Java, too!

The first time I just installed it over the previous 12.3.4.204 installation, and the installer hung. I then tried reinstalling 12.3.4.204, and it told me there was a more recent version installed! As the usual Adobe test page no longer works, it just redirects to the EOL notice, I tried a few other Shockwave test sites, none of which worked as they should, so I assumed the install was corrupt. Then I uninstalled it, and tried reinstalling 12.3.4.204 which hung again exactly as the 12.3.5.205 installer had done! I wondered if it was trying to connect to something online and not succeeding, so I uninstalled again and tried installing the latest version again with the internet connection disconnected. This time it worked, and very quickly! Whether my theory was right or not I don't know, but it seems to be installed OK now.
  6. ''We noticed a login from a device you don't usually use If this was you, you can safely disregard this email. If this wasn't you, change your password to protect your account.'' this is what happens when you try to login some sites with PM 28 I was even forced to change my email password !!! I think I won't update this browser anymore, the more updates the worse it works.
  7. Dibya

KernelEx for Win2000

Wait livedoor is japanese company?
  8. dencorso

+1. Did you remove it before retrying?
  9. Mathwiz

Strange; it installed OK for me.
  10. Dave-H

Has anyone actually got this to install? For me it just hangs on "Execute: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDnld.exe /regserver" and never goes any further.
  11. Dave-H

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

Big problem with the new version of HDAICOUT.HDA I'm afraid. After the boot gets to the desktop I get this - If I press "OK" it briefly tries to continue booting, but then permanently freezes. Restoring the original file makes everything return to normal.
  12. VistaLover

... Thanks ; your direct link fetches file sw_lic_full_installer.exe (12.5 MiB); same Adobe directory, but what I consider the more standard filename, Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe (14.4 MiB); probably a case of "pot-ayto/pot-uto" Happy Easter to you, den
  13. someguy25

Finally got them http://nojus.trexion.com/local/WinXP/jre-8u211-windows-i586.tar.gz http://nojus.trexion.com/local/WinXP/jre-8u212-windows-i586.tar.gz Works on XP here without any issues
  14. defob

Donation not working

in fact, it probably broke it entirely
  15. defob

Donation not working

I can read. That post does not help my situation.
  16. dencorso

Shockwave 12.3.5.205 is out, too. It's probably the last iteration of it, since its EoS was April the 4th, 2019.
  17. sdfox7

@someguy25 @Dave-H @VistaLover @Mathwiz I'm sure if you're patient for a few days Duke University will upload the current version to their FTP. I'm sure they wait a little while to bug test, but this has always been a reliable source for Java: http://faucet.aas.duke.edu/pub/pc/bigfix/patches/java/
  18. they have multiple IP for this task: https://knowledge.digicert.com/generalinformation/INFO4895.html
  19. Yesterday
  20. Maybe it is not be that bad: there was a flash update this month, and I had it "ask to activate" in my social media profile, just because FB was feeding me flash files. After the update, no more phoning. It may be that after detecting the inactive outdated plugin, it called the ip. Or it may be that somebody was trying to probe my system, being that flash was outdated. In a particular case, I added general.useragent.override.facebook.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.9 to about:config, and now FB doesn't feed more flash -none that I could see, anyway- and sends me those videos in html5. So I have blocked flash altogether, no problem detected yet. I will see what happens with other sites. I also had flash in mailnews set to "ask to activate" and disabled it altogether. Thanks for the help, guys, and of course to you, roytam1.
  21. It looks like ZoneAlarm has officially ended support. There is a notice for Windows XP but not Vista. Norton Security users running Windows Vista recently received Norton Security 22.15.2.22 update for Windows XP/Vista.
  22. VistaLover

... and with it came a revised Oracle Licensing Agreement: Oracle Technology Network License Agreement for Oracle Java SE As usual, I went directly to the Oracle download page to manually fetch latest installers for both 8u211 & 8u212: Java SE Runtime Environment 8 Downloads On Vista, both continue to work as intended; with every new JRE release, I would archive both and install either one (mostly the odd-numbered one...); latest release files were, up-until-now, publicly available, whereas the immediately previous and older releases, available via the Oracle Java archive, required an Oracle account ... While the latest, Windows 7+, 64-bit (only), compatible Java (JDK) offerings are still publicly available (i.e. accessible without an Oracle account), I, like @Dave-H, soon found out, to my substantial dismay , that the current/latest JRE 8u211/8u212 files are now behind a mandatory Oracle account! Then I had a read of the "Updated Licensing FAQs" over at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html from which I quote: ... Off to java.com I go, then... ; the problem with that download page is that, for Windows users at least, it only provides 32-bit (and 64-bit) installers, and only for the odd-numbered JRE version (8u211) ; this already constitutes a limitation for Windows XP SP3 users, for whom the provided installers don't function at all; XP users need access to jre-8u21x-windows-i586.tar.gz archives in order to update their installations... Also, in the Java Development Kit 8 Update Release Notes they mark both 8u211 and 8u212 versions as being (GA): "General Availability"; isn't that a distorted sense of the term "general", given that login-credentials are now required? If you don't want to create an account with Oracle, I found file jre-8u212-windows-i586.exe FREELY available over at FileHorse; just be careful not to download their proprietary downloader (2.6MiB) but the actual Java installer (66.4MiB - use the "if it doesn't click here to start it" page link ). For the .tar.gz archives, I'm afraid an account is needed (I'm not advising others to do the same , but I just visited this site and the first set of credentials there worked fine; for crying out loud, this is a free, "generally-available" file, so I don't feel shame in the slightest...).
  23. deomsh

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

@Dave-H: I am sorry to hear you don't possess such a card. Nevermind, was just an idea to test if your Sound Mapper is working. Same for the four files I ment. 98 SFC will test the three original one's too for integrity. Just to be certain your installation is valid, but it's up to you. I have a new HDAICOUT.HDA version to test. Please rename your first one to HDAICOUT.HDA.000 and rename te new one to HDAICOUT.HDA. Afterwards please attach HDAICIN.TXT and HDALOG.TXT again. This version is mainly to test if the Verb Interface is fully functional and if Play-related functions of your codec are set correctly. Dave-H_Hdaicout.hda.200
  24. albator

Microsoft Edge (Chromium)

I really like the new edge based on chromium. People should try it out.
  25. As the title says. I have mine in a VM, so no use to test AG there.
  26. Goodmaneuver

How you really browse the web on 98/ME in 2019

Dave-H, I can only get the TV snow delivery, it is of good frame rate though mainly due to settings as mentioned here . Your YouTube results might be delicate though in that a system setting change may produce similar results as mine? When you click on a video do you get TV snow at any stage, if not, you can play YouTube videos. This is indeed a major achievement. There is doubt about https://www.howsmyssl.com/ as if you turn off TLS 1.0 then the results are the same. It also suggests TLS 1.2 is the best but doesn't TLS 1.3 continually change the key (I don't really know)? If you push your date of your system back a day with TLS 1.0 unticked then HowIsMySSL web site is unreachable because of the handshaking certificate time differences. Use the drop down to view why showing the details. If you then tick TLS1.0 with the time out a day then the site is reachable again. If I turn off all 128 bit encryptions as they say then their site is unreachable and MSFN does not work properly. Not all the web page must have the same encryption I have to have most 128 bit cyphers selected for some sites. When I check MSFN with Opera Info it says I am using TLS v1.2 256 bit AES (2048 bit DHE_RSA/SHA-256) The system key limiter file is not loaded. WinME was quite safe as all ports were closed where as Win2K Pro had many ports open and I had to use Port Blocker to make usable back in the day. The days of dial-up had no router, just modem. Here is a good port checking site. It has Opera green security lock www.grc.com
  27. Dave-H

That's why I wanted to use the even numbered versions, because they supposedly have extra features, but I can't say I've noticed any difference!
  1. Load more activity