Supermium

Another Supermium 124 release made it to the GitHub Releases Section:

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/releases/tag/v124

Though it is still labelled as "Pre-release", the author claims it's "the main release of Supermium 124"; among the Release Notes: 

-The user agent will now report as version 127 to prevent issues with web services detecting Supermium as an outdated browser.
This practice will likely continue when Supermium makes use of 126 ESR patches starting in August or September, as Chromium ESR tags are not widely known.

The distributions bundle (official) progwrp.dll-v1.1.0.5018 ; and before any member of the known "family" asks anew, no, the "not-possible-to-disable-the-CH-API-on-Sm122+" issue hasn't yet been addressed (else, it would surely have been mentioned inside the Release Notes :P ) ...

Kind regards to all :) ...

well just to create some information 

we had severial attempts regarding XP mods that rather came over a psychological effect

the guy(s) maybe girl(s) actually just tryed to find a point to get RID of the mods itselfs, often they had not even a programming clue 

"this should not exist" "this create some drama" "i have the copyright" "i will kill you" "you shall not do this" "xp is outdated" "why wasteting time" 

as we can see there are enemys of modders - whatever their motivations are 

so i do not think its coming from one of their arguments - rather their goal is getting rid of us - and sorry that i do not agree 

they sometimes even offered a bit information - like they are making some kind of research what we can do or what not - with other words they where rather gathering info and tryed to make bad influence

to me this seems rather a next attempt to get rid of us (trying to find a point "where this can be done") 

On 7/10/2024 at 5:13 PM, VistaLover said:

"not-possible-to-disable-the-CH-API-on-Sm122+" issue hasn't yet been addressed

I find it strange, I think D.Draker already posted an ungoogled patch somewhere.

What if you simply try to edit out the navigator property navigator.userAgentData? It's the one responsible. Look for it in chrome.dll.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:13 PM, VistaLover said:

Though it is still labelled as "Pre-release", the author claims it's "the main release of Supermium 124"

Gettin' :

Supermium is not starting - Exception code: 0x80000003

Application failed to Initialise Properly Error Code 0x80000003

OS Windows 8.1

5 hours ago, user57 said:

well just to create some information 

we had severial attempts regarding XP mods that rather came over a psychological effect

the guy(s) maybe girl(s) actually just tryed to find a point to get RID of the mods itselfs, often they had not even a programming clue 

"this should not exist" "this create some drama" "i have the copyright" "i will kill you" "you shall not do this" "xp is outdated" "why wasteting time" 

as we can see there are enemys of modders - whatever their motivations are 

so i do not think its coming from one of their arguments - rather their goal is getting rid of us - and sorry that i do not agree 

they sometimes even offered a bit information - like they are making some kind of research what we can do or what not - with other words they where rather gathering info and tryed to make bad influence

to me this seems rather a next attempt to get rid of us (trying to find a point "where this can be done") 

I didn't understand anything.

• 2 weeks later...

one other way is saying that you dont understand, in case you really dont understand, simple then no problem

IDA re wrote a lot into that direction but actually i readed it up , he actually writes like he know stuff but he provided like absolut zero to proof if he even is that guy he describes to be 

for example he presented not a single line of code, and assembly only for code optimation ? sounds a bit fishy to me 

the story keeps ongoing like that where people kinda reacted like to smell something fishy too

if he trys to create a mess i dont fall for a such trick 

one more things women are of "feeling" nature therefore they more likely to fall for something that falls into that category

I always delete or replace specific items in supernium, preferably using a bat file. Among them, for example, I delete unneeded locale items. One issue with this is the constant change in chrome version (e.g., 124.0.6367.245, as per the last pre-release). My point/question:

Is there any way to write a command to delete specific files within the yourpathto\Chrome\124.0.6367.245\... so that it works even if the numbered folder's name changes (from say 124.0.6367.245 to 126.0.6367.245)?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Is there any way to write a command to delete specific files within the yourpathto\Chrome\124.0.6367.245\...

Use the X-Chromium loader.  There is no version subfolder that way.  Or even the PortableApps loader.  Also no version subfolder.  The version subfolder contents are dropped down a folder and reside in the same folder as chrome.exe and chrome_proxy.exe.

19 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Is there any way to write a command to delete specific files within the yourpathto\Chrome\124.0.6367.245\... so that it works even if the numbered folder's name changes (from say 124.0.6367.245 to 126.0.6367.245)?

@dmiranda

Just set the name of the folder as a variable:

FOR /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('DIR "yourpathto\Chrome\1*" /a:d /b') do SET FOLDER=%%a

ECHO %FOLDER%

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

maybe this should be solved in chrome internal 

if chrome has choosen a weird path and a weird version, it would be just to combine the these 2 as strings

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winbase/nf-winbase-getcurrentdirectory

we also dont neccesray need a batch file we could use registry control functions to, to either create,change reading the entrys 

there would also be a way to list the entry of a certain folder (that not only includes files it also has the folder names inside there)

that would be a classical createfile / findfirstfile / findnextfile chain 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

I've been out of the vintage Windows scene for awhile, and last I knew, the best, most "modern" browser was the Chinese Extreme360 that was hacked to display in English and remove all/most if the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) spyware and other similar junk.

This Supermium, in principle, seems much better however, in the sense that it's a maintainable and reproducible port of Chromium, so the source code is available, unlike Extreme360, which is closed source.  Last I knew, this was thought to be either impossible or prohibitively difficult, so I'm glad there was finally a breakthrough, as a native Chromium port seemed to be the most viable path forward, given that even the latest ports of the various Firefox-derived browsers have fallen increasingly out of date and/or are not working super reliably anymore as bugs and half-broken features begin to pile up.

While in general I loathe to use Google Chrome and reluctantly use the open-sourced Chromium only when absolutely necessary, I will definitely consider giving Supermium a try, at least on my Windows XP, Vista and 7 machines.

c

Edited by cc333
Clarification and expansion of second paragraph

4 hours ago, cc333 said:

Wow!

I've been out of the vintage Windows scene for awhile, and last I knew, the best, most "modern" browser was the Chinese Extreme360 that was hacked to display in English and remove all/most if the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) spyware and other similar junk.

This Supermium, in principle, seems much better however, in the sense that it's a maintainable and reproducible port of Chromium, so the source code is available, unlike Extreme360, which is closed source.  Last I knew, this was thought to be either impossible or prohibitively difficult, so I'm glad there was finally a breakthrough, as a native Chromium port seemed to be the most viable path forward, given that even the latest ports of the various Firefox-derived browsers have fallen increasingly out of date and/or are not working super reliably anymore as bugs and half-broken features begin to pile up.

While in general I loathe to use Google Chrome and reluctantly use the open-sourced Chromium only when absolutely necessary, I will definitely consider giving Supermium a try, at least on my Windows XP, Vista and 7 machines.

c

I'm Chinese,and I have changed 360EE to sumermium for a few months...:cool: