Supermium

35 minutes ago, Saxon said:

What exactly was Ungoogled, then?

No clue, to be perfectly honest.

That is the very FIRST thing I check whenever a browser identifies itself as "ungoogled" and if the Web Store is hosting app data, the browser is NOT for me.  "To each their own", of course.

Only Official Ungoogled Chromium gets this CORRECT -

image.png.0ac5b72354aacae721f731d6c227bc29.png

19 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have Chrome versions v92, v108, and v115 that all run on XP!

... Ah yes ;) ; all these are works of the Chinese developer "weolar:P ...

21 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

v115 has been discussed on MSFN

Actually called "XPChrome" (perhaps why the confusion with another Chinese project, CatsXP :whistle:)

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185914-chrome-115-working-on-windows-xp-32-bit/

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185939-chromium-115-for-windows-xp-without-one-core-api/

https://github.com/weolar/xpchrome/releases

Posted (edited)

I just discovered Supermium 122.
I've been testing it for 3 days on original Windows XP Professional SP3 and I have been pleasantly surprised.
The first day I noticed that everything was going very fast, however on the second day I noticed that the tabs wait a few seconds before opening a URL. The tab remains blank for a few seconds and then the page opens. I don't know if it is because Supermium is configured by default so that the page is not displayed until the download is complete or that I have touched something inappropriate in the settings.

I would like to know who is behind the creation of Supermium, if it is a company or free development team.
The downloads on Github are from the "win3ss" profile and according to what he says, he has created the company "Legace Software Corporation"
Are these responsible for the creation and development of Supermium?

Edited by Cixert

29 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... Ah yes ;) ; all these are works of the Chinese developer "weolar:P ...

Actually called "XPChrome" (perhaps why the confusion with another Chinese project, CatsXP :whistle:)

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185914-chrome-115-working-on-windows-xp-32-bit/

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185939-chromium-115-for-windows-xp-without-one-core-api/

https://github.com/weolar/xpchrome/releases

Correct.

I know v115 originally had / still has a "one year" time bomb.

I removed this on my own copy and others (not me!) soon went public with their own time bomb defusing.

There were reports that v115 had some Chinese telemetry still embedded but I myself never witnessed this (I rarely ever use it, I just have it lying around).

I guess now I'm curious as to if the v92 and v108 may have some telemetry embedded as well (again, rarely use, just lying around).

All of these are VM use only.  Mainly because my real-life (some call it bare metal) HIGHLY prefers my own 360Chrome.

It's an XP Thing - hate hate HATE not having a real TITLE BAR in any browser running on real XP.  Just personal preference, of course.

25 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

hate hate HATE not having a real TITLE BAR in any browser running on real XP.  Just personal preference, of course.

your beloved W10 windows do miss a true title bar too

btw W11 lost a 3% global market share in favor of W10

Windows-10-vs-Windows-11-con-el-paso-de-

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

beloved

I definitely never used that word, lol.

But agreed, no title bar in 10   :} :angry: :wacko:

Supermium keeps "flashing" the true XP title bar's upper-right corner icons randomly, that's even more annoying then trying to mock 10's icons on XP.

I've actually been porting 360Chrome v122 but it is 64bit and requires Win10.  Maybe Win7, unsure.  But cannot be ported to XP.

This will give me a v122 with a skin of my own creation, with a title bar of my own creation, ungoogled, no telemetry, custom GUI, everything done with v86.

But very likely will not become public, just a hobby on bad weather days.

While being perfectly content with Official Ungoogled v114 for the time being.

The web has become a "race".  See if I can get my v122 ready in time before my checking account or billpay sites stop working in v114.

Then do it all over again when v122 does the same thing and when "cutting edge" Chrome/Chromium will be v150+.

I've never needed, nor wanted, the latest and greatest.  I stuck with v86 for as long as I could.  I'll stick with v114 for as long as I can.  Already preparing for v122 as my next.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

13 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I've actually been porting 360Chrome v122 but it is 64bit and requires Win10. 

do you mean 22.3.3015 ?

4 hours ago, Cixert said:

Sorry for my ignorance, Supermium rendering uses Blink engine or Webkit2 engine?

Supermium is the same as usual Chrome, but with tweaks to make it work on old OS. GDI rendering instead of Dwrite for XP, rewritten memory functioning. Supermium understands Chrome flags. Some flags added, some removed.

All of the usual connections to Google servers are present.

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And yes, I have Chrome versions v92, v108, and v115 that all run on XP!

v92 and v108 are corporate versions, and NO, I cannot and WILL NOT distribute them !!!

is this an ongoing project or will the 108 not be upgraded anymore ? how does it perform in comparison to Supermium 122 ?