Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

36 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This guy

:buehehe: ... Of course, that was probably a phony username, but Carlotta (I think) is a female's Christian name :P ...

Later addition:

@NotHereToPlayGames : I'm not going to argue on this, you being a native speaker, but...
1. I was taught English in my teen years by a posh Londoner :P (Mr Andrew Salters, where are you? :dubbio:) ...
2. If "wordreference" is to be trusted, the singular number refers to a male

e7leeVd.png

Edited by VistaLover

39 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Busy on holidays, maybe ?

Moderators have already removed the post.  Unfortunately, you replied to it and copied it in totality, so moderators should probably remove that also.  Or at least remove the link that the spammer dropped on our forum.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Moderators have already removed his post.  Unfortunate though that you copied the spam-post and moderators should probably remove that also.

No prob, I deleted the indian.

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

:buehehe: ... Of course, that was probably a phony username, but Carlotta (I think) is a female's Christian name :P ...

Later addition:

@NotHereToPlayGames : I'm not going to argue on this, you being a native speaker, but...
1. I was taught English in my teen years by a posh Londoner :P (Mr Andrew Salters, where are you? :dubbio:) ...
2. If "wordreference" is to be trusted, the singular number refers to a male

e7leeVd.png

@NotHereToPlayGames and @VistaLover. This is because we don't study the US variant here, in Europe.

We have the British variant, like in the rest of the World. I'm sure @Dave-H will confirm, thanks.

I mean Canada , Australia, New Zealand , South Africa etc.

There's a reason people say British Empire, Great Britain. 

And US language is only in the US.

P.S. Also, of course, we have the proper English spelling , and when I saw @msfntor spells "color", I was

surprised and had (still have?) my doubts he is French. There are *at least* two reasons for us to spell colour, the first one is 

above, the second is - in French we have a very similar spelling ! "couleur", in this case .

So maybe he was/is a (poorly) trained spy ? lol.

Here I know (at least) two people with absolutely nice'n'proper English - @Dave-H and @win32.

Edited by D.Draker
calling for Dave

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"Guy" in the US is a gender-neutral generic plural form of "you" (which is itself both singular and plural).

In standard (normal, classic) English  :

1 - Hey guys = hey mates , hey friends (males) , hey dudes (dude is from the French word, btw).

2 - Hey girls means hey girls (females) ! lol

All is simple.

'Guys' is definitely one of the many Americanisms that polluted entered British English a long time ago, but until relatively recently was only used for men. Groups of women being called 'guys' (often by women members of the group) is now common though.
Personally I consider that to be slang!

Anyway, having just hypocritically added to it, back on topic now please!
:D

I noticed that chrome 111 still works on windows 10 1507, no need for -no-sandbox trick there.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/V9l88VE"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/V9l88VE">Latest Chromium 111 on Windows 10 LTSB 2015</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

I noticed that chrome 111 still works on windows 10 1507, no need for -no-sandbox trick there.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/V9l88VE"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/V9l88VE">Latest Chromium 111 on Windows 10 LTSB 2015</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It supposed to ! This topic tells not working on Windows 7.