Future of Chrome on Windows 7

yoltboy01

On 1/10/2023 at 3:28 AM, D.Draker said:

Chrome 110 doesn't even start on Windows 7, there are plenty of posts confirming this in this stopic, just scroll back. 

it depends to revision number.

110.0.5425.0 is last working version in win7.

110.0.5425.0_Win_x64_1072883_mini_installer.exe and 110.0.5425.0_Win_1072913_mini_installer.exe are last working archive (if anyone saved them elsewhere)

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:

it depends to revision number.

110.0.5425.0 is last working version in win7.

110.0.5425.0_Win_x64_1072883_mini_installer.exe and 110.0.5425.0_Win_1072913_mini_installer.exe are last working archive (if anyone saved them elsewhere)

Isn't this version an early stage alpha ? No wonder it crashes then, like another user wrote.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:58 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

I’m testing it atm and I experienced no crashes even with 10+ tabs opened. last week was just like every other version of chrome. 

Depends on the hardware ? I have no idea. But I'm having constant crashes if I spend too much time on a given website. That is with the earliest version of 110 ,

later ones just don't start, like the others had said.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:28 PM, D.Draker said:

Chrome 110 doesn't even start on Windows 7, there are plenty of posts confirming this in this stopic, just scroll back. 

Yes, thank you, I forgot to say it's the early 110 alpha release, very unstable. Starting with beta doesn't even start, you're right.

1 hour ago, Cocodile said:

Depends on the hardware ? I have no idea. But I'm having constant crashes if I spend too much time on a given website. That is with the earliest version of 110 ,

later ones just don't start, like the others had said.

I'm running 8.1 though. I thought you were also targeting 8.1 since you mentioned --no sandbox

4 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

I'm running 8.1 though. I thought you were also targeting 8.1 since you mentioned --no sandbox

Excuse me, what does it have to do with "future of chrome on windows 7" ? I'm new here, and I was warned right on the first instance by @Dave-H, when asked a  question in the wrong topic, I'm just wondering how it seems totally fine when some others here, you for example, are freely allowed to do what they want. Is it like your off-topic post No. 1992779 ?

Just seems unfair.

And no sandbox is for Windows 7.

Edited by Cocodile
unfair

On 12/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Many other forums don't allow ANY posts with LINKS until AFTER the member has posted a certain number of posts.

This guy has one post and will never log in again.  He got exactly where he wanted, to post one link then move on, never to be heard from again.

Very interesting post ! Brings a lot of new and useful information about the future of chrome on windows 7 !

7 minutes ago, Cocodile said:

Excuse me, what does it have to do with "future of chrome on windows 7" ? I'm new here, and I was warned right on the first instance by @Dave-H, when asked a  question in the wrong topic, I'm just wondering how it seems totally fine when some others here, you for example, are freely allowed to do what they want. Is it like your off-topic post No. 1992779 ?

Just seems unfair.

And no sandbox is for Windows 7.

Calm down, there was no reason to be so passive aggresive to me. Sorry I misunderstood you, you said chrome 110 is crashing for you and also mentioned no sandbox hack which does not help windows 7 in running newer chromium versions.

Again, sorry for that.

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Calm down, there was no reason to be so passive aggresive to me. Sorry I misunderstood you, you said chrome 110 is crashing for you and also mentioned no sandbox hack which does not help windows 7 in running newer chromium versions.

Again, sorry for that.

Who told you that ? The 1st alpha release works with nosandbox on Windows 7 Read here: 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184046-future-of-chrome-on-windows-7/?do=findComment&comment=1235004

Later versions of 110, no.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184046-future-of-chrome-on-windows-7/?do=findComment&comment=1230307

I'm not aggressive, it was a simple question. I'm calm, thanks. But I prefer you stay on topic, calmly.