“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

On 12/24/2022 at 1:07 AM, legacyfan said:

to everyone on msfn and to all my friends @mina7601@XPerceniol@D.Draker@msfntorI want to wish you all a wonderfull Christmas and a happy new year anyways this is legacyfan signing off for Christmas and I hope to see you all in 2023!(I will be on to check on things but won't post anything until after new years I'm taking the christmas week off from the forum)

Absolutely fantastic wishes ! Thank you , you too ! Waiting for your comeback after the holidays !

On 12/24/2022 at 2:17 AM, mina7601 said:

Hello there, Sorry for replying late.

Yes, I have same thoughts as you. Indeed, AstroSkipper is a good person (he's mainly the person who helped me get Windows Update working again on XP, and I thank him for that!), but I feel his replies look a bit sensitive to me. (And I am also sensitive, to be honest)

Regarding your situation about agreeing with his definition and what you should do about it, I could help you, but unfortunately, I don't have great knowledge about hardware, sorry for that (but please don't feel alone and sad, I also wish to have him talk with me a lot and be sociable, like he did in January-April this year), but you are right about XP being generally available at October 25, 2001, so, that's a good point, I don't think you stand wrong in this case, actually.

Thanks for the wishes, btw.

Hey @D.Draker, you don't have a response to this, or...?

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I was a child (73) when Disco was starting to downfall and I got to see my parents and grandparents dance it. The music was so awesome and (not fiction) I got to see 'the the late great' Donna Summer in concert and she was so great even way way after the era ended

That's completely a great moment for you.

On 12/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, XPerceniol said:

Ah, I have a fun story to talk about.

I live in the Northeast US. As you probably know we had a Winter Storm come through. Largest storm in years, last one of this magnitude is almost comparable to the 2008 Ice Storm. Anyway, I lost power for around a day and a half. 12-23 to 12-25. Quite crazy, lots of rain and snow, plus wind. Power outages were everywhere. Unfortunately due to the length all my APC's ran out of battery within the first day. Thanks AT&T for having a reliable cellular connection during that, too. Both our generators were broken so we ended up spending the entirety of Christmas Eve to get only HALF of the house powered, since we didn't have the right suicide cables to plug in correctly. Only got a 120v output unfortunately.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:29 PM, mina7601 said:

Hey @D.Draker, you don't have a response to this, or...?

Well, sorry , I was busy butchering Opera. Many thanks for your opinion ! I took some time to think and decided to give this whole situation a flying object. (surprise! ... not)

But that's just me, thick skinned Draker.

Also, there isn't much to say. I understood you're sensitive. I think I was always very soft/polite with you. If not, sorry.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

But that's just me, thick skinned Draker.

I think that is what happened to me, I developed a thick skin now and am not as effected by other people as I used to be because I only give little to people and don't alllow people (IRL) to get very close. 

Edited by XPerceniol

7 hours ago, sunryze said:

I live in the Northeast US. As you probably know we had a Winter Storm come through. Largest storm in years, last one of this magnitude is almost comparable to the 2008 Ice Storm. Anyway, I lost power for around a day and a half. 12-23 to 12-25. Quite crazy, lots of rain and snow, plus wind. Power outages were everywhere. Unfortunately due to the length all my APC's ran out of battery within the first day. Thanks AT&T for having a reliable cellular connection during that, too. Both our generators were broken so we ended up spending the entirety of Christmas Eve to get only HALF of the house powered, since we didn't have the right suicide cables to plug in correctly. Only got a 120v output unfortunately.

Welcome back and I'm also in the New England. Yeah, was really bad but I didn't lose power; thankfully. 

Good you and family are safe. 

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I think that is what happened to me, I developed a thik skin now and am not as destroyed by other people as I used to be because I only give little to people and don't alllow people (IRL) to get very close. 

Yes, and I was also trained during my military days to be tough to withstand interrogations, not only physically, but also mentally. That being said, I was never caught. 

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, and I was also trained during my military days to be tough to withstand interrogations, not only physically, but also mentally. That being said, I was never caught. 

Oh, though, I don't know how to deal with interrogations, My DD Father was always worried if I was ever at the police station I'd admit to something I didn't do, like they would say, better to take the deal, and I'd be like, I don't even know what I did but I'll take the deal. ROF but not funny, of course. I avoid any trouble and I don't do anything in 50 years to cause suspicion; even when I do go to the store, I never put my hands in my pockets or look up at the cameras ... well ... I do but I don't look up but try to look over my glasses.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

That's the best, like this.

Thank you ! 

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Oh, though, I don't know how to deal with interrogations, My DD Father was always worried if I was ever at the police station I'd admit to something I didn't do, like they would say, better to take the deal, and I'd be like, I don't even know what I did but I'll take the deal. ROF but not funny, of course. I avoid any trouble and I don't do anything in 50 years to cause suspicion; even when I do go to the store, I never put my hands in my pockets or look up at the cameras ... well ... I do but I don't look up but try to look over my glasses.

No deals with coppers, don't even talk to them. I mean, even when not inside their station. And don't forget, there are plenty of coppers wearing civilian clothes. Or civilians working for them.

11 hours ago, sunryze said:

wow I'm so sorry @sunryze hopefully your power will be back on soon