“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

6 hours ago, sunryze said:

Oh, my power came back on Christmas morning actually. I checked occasionally if the meter had power because it has a little LCD display. My reaction to when I saw numbers was priceless.

I got a steam deck, which is nice. I'm also returning my Pixel 7 I got back in November because I don't like how the stock android software has gone. Probably getting an S21 Ultra. Dunno.

You mean you're getting a new phone? I still use a dumb phone and refuse to use a smart phone, but that may change depending of whether the association forces us. 

13 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I meant I was born in 73 so disco was in full swing.

I'm sorry, you lost me ! Previously you wrote :

"I was a child (73) when Disco was starting to downfall", now you say 

"in 73 so disco was in full swing". So, in 73, was it at its downfall or in full swing ?

Well, its a tough call, actually.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/disco-is-dealt-death-blow-by-fans-of-the-chicago-white-sox#:~:text=As the 1970s came to an end%2C the,infamous “Disco Demolition” night at Chicago’s Comiskey Park.

Although it was in full swing (not to confuse with swing dancing that is still being done, mostly by older folks) when I came into this work in August of 73 I want really aware until maybe 2 & 1/2 and I have vague memories of is being booming and Saturday Night Fever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Fever (the movie)

From what I was told, it collapsed pretty quick over 2 years ans was done totally by 1981, but the reason I said downfall the first time was because they were struggling to get new people to learn it as it was not really something you could just get up a bop to - sure, people did, of course, but they got looks of death from those that took lessons and the apparel and attire was  too costly for the average folk so since they didn't change they collapsed.

When I was able to see Donna Summer in concert in the 90 disco was long over with but she changed the music to more bouncy jazz, but I remember that day and she was ill.

Will write more as I lost my train of thought.

So while I got to see my parents dancing it in full swing, it was struggling and the era was changing and school for me was HORRIBLE and I'm lucky I graduated. They didn't know what to do with me. I did actually "learn" until later in life.

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

From what I was told, it collapsed pretty quick over 2 years ans was done totally by 1981, but the reason I said downfall the first time was because they were struggling to get new people to learn it as it was not really something you could just get up a bop to - sure, people did, of course, but they got looks of death from those that took lessons and the apparel and attire was  too costly for the average folk so since they didn't change they collapsed.

I mostly remember 1977/78/79, no earlier years. I was at a concert with my grandmother in 1979, yes I think it was 1979 or 78, maybe . The band called Rockets, they were French, but sang in English, nice band, the accent is heavy though. But they aren't Disco, more like space rock style. I mean the original French Rockets, not the later para-Rockets with a very weak Italian singer. And Disco came here mostly in the eighties, and I didn't like it, sorry.

Disco isn't/wasn't for everyone that is for sure.

56 this morning to 62 Degrees out today.

spacer.png

I'm heading outside today and they are taking us to see the ducks. I've been in the house for 11 days straight another day and I'll go "Completely" nuts (emphasis on completely) hehe ... =P

Edited by XPerceniol

On 12/28/2022 at 5:13 PM, sunryze said:

I got a steam deck, which is nice. I'm also returning my Pixel 7 I got back in November because I don't like how the stock android software has gone. Probably getting an S21 Ultra. Dunno.

On 12/28/2022 at 11:29 PM, XPerceniol said:

You mean you're getting a new phone? I still use a dumb phone and refuse to use a smart phone, but that may change depending of whether the association forces us.

I remember the old Sony Ericsson before the smartphone era, which had a color screen, simple camera, J2ME applications, you could browse the web with Opera Mini. I was mainly interested in non-phone functions on these things to be able to read stuff online someplace else than sitting on the chair behind the computer, eg. lying on a couch or in bed.

These days I wonder how I managed with that small screen.

I'm not sure what I'd get these days if I was buying a smartphone, the software in mainstream ones seems obnoxious, data / Wi-Fi turning on on its own, background updates, the physical size... May look into alternative brands again at some point.

I'm not interested in expensive ones and got good value out of current Xperia E3, which will be 9 years old this year. I regret being clumsy and dropping it too many times, I got it taped at 4 spots. The next drop may be fatal, I already almost lost the speaker last year and the upper side with headphone jack is a bit loose. Lucky the screen wasn't damaged.

Steam Deck...the heck is Valve up to these days? :) We're getting everything but the closure after the cliffhanger at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

On 12/30/2022 at 7:15 PM, legacyfan said:

it's 63 here today a pretty warm way to start the year

Way too warm for this time. It's a bit colder here, but still warm and some people still dress like it's 0 degrees Celsius.

Edited by UCyborg

May I ask you guys something strange? Well everything I say is strange already without trying. Haa ;)

But its been causing me anxiety and sadness lately and I just keep it to myself not even tell my therapist. 

How do guys deal with bad memories or the feelings that you've let others down? Maybe I'm just trying to see if I"m alone, but I feel I am, actually, but recently I became aware that I also sense vibes so I'm not alone but its rare to find in real life let alone online.

I know this didn't make much sense, but there is no way to put it. I feel like I've let people down when they needed me the very most. For the most part, people were not there for me and all too easily turned their backs on me when I needed them the most, but I expect that from people now so I never get let down anymore. I don't trust people and may likely never will.

I don't mind hearing from a younger perspective or father figure perspective if my posting even make a ounce of sense at all.

I'm just now picking myself up from a deep sadness from today, nothing to do with forums or here.

Maybe I'll try to write more later as its almost 7:20 PM and and dinner was terrible and I just feel so lost and even green tea didn't help.