“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

20 hours ago, legacyfan said:

...Set realistic expectations. Christmas might not be the fabulous family reunion you hoped for. Plan how you will manage any feelings of anxiety or depression that may arise.

...Make plans for Christmas Day. Develop a plan in advance to avoid feeling depressed or stressed on the day. Perhaps make yourself a special breakfast, buy yourself a gift in advance so that you can enjoy on the day, attend a local church service, or take a stroll through the local park to give yourself a treat.

Stay healthy to avoid Christmas anxiety

Recognize and changing behaviors that contribute to your stress will help you get through the Christmas period. Remember to stay healthy - eating well, exercising and getting enough sleep can help you cope with Christmas stress. (this is for you @XPerceniol)

Thank you, you're article was very helpful and I almost missed it yesterday - hope you are well.

Just now, XPerceniol said:

Thank you, you're article was very helpful and I almost missed it yesterday - hope you are well.

Usually most guys are gone and I'm happy to have it nice and quiet - I do plan to eat well and walk. I used to drink my way through holidays but that was not the answer as now I'm 100% sober and abstain. I love cartoons and there is one playing behinds me now. I no longer feel lonely and appreciate when its quiet and I can think and usually there are some nice people in the complex here that will bring me something. I like Christmas now. 

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Usually most guys are gone and I'm happy to have it nice and quiet - I do plan to eat well and walk. I used to drink my way through holidays but that was not the answer as now I'm 100% sober and abstain. I love cartoons and there is one playing behinds me now. I no longer feel lonely and appreciate when its quiet and I can think and usually there are some nice people in the complex here that will bring me something. I like Christmas now. 

So things are going good for you. That's great!

3 hours ago, legacyfan said:

(Big Announcement Regarding The Forum) with the state that msfn is in right now and also the lack of new members joining and posting here ive decided that the best option now is to move to the xpforum permanently I tried coming back here but theres just not much to come back to here with how much it's declined here so I now announce my leave from msfn and hope you all do good whatever forum you end up on next anyways farewell this is legacyfan signing off for the last time-legacyfan former msfn member (2020-2022) 

That's terrible news !

12 hours ago, legacyfan said:

I decided to not leave (and I know ive done that before and I'm sorry I could never leave my friends I have here)

Knock their socks off no matter wherever you go, because, *There You Are* ... You see :thumbup

Always take a page out of my book ... I get upset and leave, but here I am again, because:

Wherever you go - There you are ... Your spirit shines through and you shall light up darkness and/or any sorrow(s) from that past to pave the way forward.

Edited by XPerceniol