“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

22 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

1 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Injuries to the foot hurt like hell. I'm very sensitive to them. By the way, I also had muscles when I was younger. :P

2 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

We have to respect that, of course, and there are many other things one can talk about. :yes:

3 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I think some members, here in this forum, have a completely different opinion. :whistle:

4 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I didn't mean to say that the French can't learn English or are less talented. I haven't been to France for a while. In the past, I didn't get very far with English when I spent my holidays there. I had to get out my French dictionary. It's probably all totally changed nowadays!

5 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

5A : Nice to hear that we originate from the same tribes! 

5B : Truth be told, all human individuals from the species homo sapiens do have the same origin, from a biological point of view. 

5C : Unfortunately, from another point of view, there are some exceptions. 

1 - I have a big threshold of pain , but yes , they do !

I never doubted you , of course you do have (had) huge muscles , all Frisian people are strong !

2 - Seems like we are demanded to do too many things...

3 - By any chance, aren't they those who can't tell the difference between "to" and "too" , "your" and "you're" ? Well , they're going to have to live with their "opinion",

'cause we don't care. I remember one of such nurds tried to teach me how to "properly" spell nurd , lol. 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/nurd

Again , your is English is great and the spelling is marvellous. I met some nurds here who can't even properly spell the word colour . I usually just ignore them.

4 - I'm gonna tell you a secret, perhaps it's because not all French like to acknowledge they know English xD .

And again , I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have such troubles in Vichy . The next time you in France , Vichy would be a great place to visit !

5A:  I didn't write the "same" . The tribes are Germanic , but not the same . My tribe are Franks.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franks

Yours is my favourite Frisians , obviously.

5B: No they don't , and this is a very well known leftist propaganda. Why would you repeat it ?

5C: In my life , esp. recently, I met quite a lot of species who look like people , but they are NOT.

20 hours ago, msfntor said:

... the osmogel one. Yes it's wonderful ! I shall order the other ones soon.

@D.Draker, surely you did this at the beginning of care of your wounds, yes first it is necessary to clean them very carefully with antiseptic, for example with betadine or the one that does not stain: CHLORHEXIDINE/BENZALKONIUM/ALCOHOL BENZYLIQUE - spray of Biogaran. If your wounds become red - it's inflammation, first see your pharmacist, or doctor, and maybe go to the Emergency of the Hospital!
Do not get them wet, wrap the foot in plastic before showering.
I hope you are not alone at home. I don't move lately too far:huh:...

Edited by msfntor

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

@D.Draker, surely you did this at the beginning of care of your wounds, yes first it is necessary to clean them very carefully with antiseptic, for example with betadine or the one that does not stain: CHLORHEXIDINE/BENZALKONIUM/ALCOHOL BENZYLIQUE - spray of Biogaran. If your wounds become red - it's inflammation, first see your pharmacist, or doctor, and maybe go to the Emergency of the Hospital!
Do not get them wet, wrap the foot in plastic before showering.
I hope you are not alone at home. I don't move lately too far:huh:...

I'm really , really touched , many thanks for your worries , my French brother ! As of now , all is fine .

I use the famous Belgian made Triderm and used it right from the start, it's very cool !

And the other stuff you advised will be delivered very soon by my girlfriend, so I'm not completely alone. Again, many thanks !!

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I never doubted you, of course, you do have (had) huge muscles, all Frisian people are strong!

Unfortunately, no huge muscles! I did a lot of sports when I was younger but getting older means sometimes paying the bill for what you did in the past.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Seems like we are demanded to do too many things...

And probably voluntarily, too! :P

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

By any chance, aren't they those who can't tell the difference between "to" and "too" , "your" and "you're" ? Well , they're going to have to live with their "opinion",

'cause we don't care. I remember one of such nurds tried to teach me how to "properly" spell nurd , lol. 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/nurd

Again , your is English is great and the spelling is marvellous. I met some nurds here who can't even properly spell the word colour . I usually just ignore them.

Just so I'm not misunderstood, I very much appreciate the grammatical or semantic corrections and explanations of some members here in the forum, such as from @VistaLover or @Dave-H. They helped me a lot. But there are also others, though. If, for example, a person in a discussion or argumentation no longer knows what to say, i.e. one runs out of arguments, then you get to hear something like "If English were your mother tongue, then...".

To be continued, later. Unfortunately, I have to work now. :)

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

1 - @Dave-H. They helped me a lot. But there are also others, though. If, for example, a person in a discussion or argumentation no longer knows what to say, i.e. one runs out of arguments,

2 - then you get to hear something like "If English were your mother tongue, then...".

3 - To be continued, later. Unfortunately, I have to work now. :)

1 - Yeah , @Dave-H is so cool ! I already wrote somewhere on this forum - he looks like a British actor, also he is an interesting person.

2 - Yeah , that lad can be quite hard to chat with (if I understood correctly who that is). Next time , just redirect him to me.

3 - Of course , have a nice day and easy work !

moinmoin.gif

17 hours ago, D.Draker said:
On 8/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, AstroSkipper said:

:4 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I didn't mean to say that the French can't learn English or are less talented. I haven't been to France for a while. In the past, I didn't get very far with English when I spent my holidays there. I had to get out my French dictionary. It's probably all totally changed nowadays!

5 - 12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

5A : Nice to hear that we originate from the same tribes! 

5B : Truth be told, all human individuals from the species homo sapiens do have the same origin, from a biological point of view. 

5C : Unfortunately, from another point of view, there are some exceptions. 

4 - I'm gonna tell you a secret, perhaps it's because not all French like to acknowledge they know English xD .

And again , I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have such troubles in Vichy . The next time you in France , Vichy would be a great place to visit !

5A:  I didn't write the "same" . The tribes are Germanic , but not the same . My tribe are Franks.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franks

Yours is my favourite Frisians , obviously.

5B: No they don't , and this is a very well known leftist propaganda. Why would you repeat it ?

5C: In my life , esp. recently, I met quite a lot of species who look like people , but they are NOT.

4: Of course! The penny has dropped! At least I hope so! idee.gif You probably mean that historically. And about Vichy, I heard a lot, but I can't remember to have ever been there. Maybe, one day...

5A: Sorry, my fault! Actually, I didn't mean same tribes but Germanic tribes, of course! jaioublie.gif Franks and Frisians, very cool mixture! coool.gif

5B: I studied biology beside others. I had a very deep insight into the subject evolution, and I read a lot about it since I was ten years old. Believe me, no propaganda at all! Many evolutionary theories have been substantiated and proven both palaeontologically and, for several decades, genetically. One cannot close one's mind to this, as is the case, for example, with a large part of the American population. I just say: creationists, i.e., evolution deniers, so called here in Germany. Unbelievable! nonono.gif Poor American youth being told what to think and read about "evolution", and to consider untruths to be true. :no: And, this in a country that co-founded modern genetics:crazy: Think, for example, of famous scientists like James Watson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Watson
And, just to clarify this in advance, my statements refer only to evolution as a subfield of the natural science of biology, of course! :yes: Simply and rather unscientifically said, the European humans have their origin in Africa, and life itself in a primordial cell. So much for the history of the origin (and development) of the human species homo sapiens, or more generally, the origin of life itself. I could spread a lot of information about this, but that would go beyond the scope here.
And one thing I can say for sure I don't repeat anything. I am a thinking person thinking.gif, and I make up my own mind like you also do for sure. :yes:

5C: Totally agreed! smilie-e-004.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

It seems to me that you are exaggerating a bit... I see them as poorly trained in their youth, probably they didn't have parents at the right level. AS THE TWIG IS BENT, THE TREE IS INCLINED. 
If you teach a dog to be only mean, he would be mean all his life. I had read a book about a mean dog... he was mean until his last moment of life, being killed by a mean guy...

Edited by msfntor

Pyramids of Giza built thanks to a disappeared branch of the Nile !..

https://newsrnd.com/tech/2022-08-30-pyramids-of-giza-built-thanks-to-a-disappeared-branch-of-the-nile.BJGQOioiJj.html

e6203dd414db0fe27e8a784b97339efb.png

The three majestic pyramids of the necropolis of Giza, Cheops, Chefren and Menkaure, located on the western outskirts of Cairo, in Egypt, were built thanks to a now disappeared branch of the Nile river, which allowed the transport of the necessary materials: thanks to granules of ancient pollen, it was in fact possible to trace the variations in the water levels of this stretch for over 8,000 years of Egyptian dynastic history, discovering that at the time of the construction of the pyramids, between 2686 and 2160 BC, the watercourse was still navigable.

The discovery, published in the journal of the US National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), is the result of the work of a group of researchers led by the European Center for Research and Teaching of Environmental Geosciences (Cerege), in France.

The researchers, led by Hader Sheisha, examined the pollen grains present in soil cores extracted from the current alluvial plain that once housed the branch of the Nile: in this way they reconstructed the type of vegetation present at the time, which reveals the raising and lowering of the waters that occurred over time.

The data obtained reveal that the water level increased a lot during the so-called African Wet Period (Ahp), between about 14,800 and 5,500 years ago, which saw the replacement of much of the Sahara desert territory with grasses, trees and lakes and it was caused by changes in the Earth's orbit around the sun.

Subsequently, the disappeared arm of the Nile reduced again, but remained navigable for some time, thus allowing the transport of goods and making it possible to build the pyramids of Giza.

According to the authors of the study, the discovery opens an important window on the environmental conditions that favored the construction of the pharaonic monuments considered one of the wonders of the ancient world.

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

You know what , I totally agree ! But unlike in Egypt , English is not our state language, so most of us starting to learn it only at that age or even later. I'm pretty sure there are exceptions (rich families , etc). My parents and me are simple folks , so ...

I see, I understand your point.

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I very much appreciate the grammatical or semantic corrections and explanations of some members here in the forum, such as from @VistaLover or @Dave-H. They helped me a lot.

I also gave out some corrections as well, unless you don't count pointing out grammatical errors on a readme txt file, and only count pointing out grammatical errors on forum posts.

On 8/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, D.Draker said:

1 - Yeah , @Dave-H is so cool ! I already wrote somewhere on this forum - he looks like a British actor, also he is an interesting person.

My post over here proves it, but about forum moderation instead.

Also, what makes you think he's an actor? He doesn't seem to look like an actor to me.

Edited by mina7601
Removed wrong word "otherwise" from the link

21 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I also gave out some corrections as well, unless you don't count pointing out grammatical errors on a readme txt file, and only count pointing out grammatical errors on forum posts.

That's right! But what I meant by mentioning @VistaLover and @Dave-H was their deeper explanations in special grammatical constellations and their detailed examples of the correct use. Think of my little "either" problem! Now, it is history. :) And, @VistaLover's remarks are always more detailed than any others here in this forum. And @Dave-H, he is a native English speaker, and that speaks for itself. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

28 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

That's right! But what I meant by mentioning @VistaLover and @Dave-H was their deeper explanations in special grammatical constellations and their detailed examples of the correct use. Think of my little "either" problem! Now, it is history. :) And, @VistaLover's remarks are always more detailed than any others here in this forum. And @Dave-H, he is a native English speaker, and that speaks for itself. :)

Wasn't I also clear? I mean, I pointed out the "provide" grammar mistake in the readme txt file of your program package, and said the correct word in place of the word "provide", which is "provided".

Good thing nobody (should actually be no-one ... hahaha) is keeping track of my awful typing ... seeing my primary language is

Gibberish :o Well that's no shock :rolleyes:

I'm enjoying very much to see others chatting and such a value everyone that is posting ... wouldn't it nice if people could have sensible discussions in real life.

Good to read all postings here. I've been reading.