“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

10 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I've not been to a bar since the 1990s and never will even again. Total sobriety is the way to go.

Cool!

I've never been to a bar ...
And I quit smoking cigarettes in the early 80's. When I did smoke, I smoked 5-10 cigarettes a day, but I always knew that I was able to end up with that horrible stinky habit. In my youth I was never under the influence of other young people who behaved badly...but I was not an angel either.

MOTTO: KINDNESS = THOUGHTFULNESS 

Man Creates Benches for People to Rest at Bus Stops: ‘Let’s Help Our Neighbors’

FotoJet-2022-08-19T144722.008-750x394.jp

James Warren regularly takes the bus in Denver, Colorado, but after noticing something was missing at multiple stops, he took action.

The problem was those stops did not have anywhere for people to sit and wait for the bus to arrive, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

Earlier this year, Warren saw a woman waiting for a bus but because there was nowhere to rest she was sitting on the ground.

“For people to have to sit in the dirt while they’re waiting for a bus is just undignified,” said the young man, who works with the Colorado Workforce Development Council.

According to the council’s website, his role was to create a career navigation program for workforce centers while also administering grants to nonprofit organizations.

To remedy the seating problem, he decided to make a bench with pieces of scrap wood.

There were thousands of bus stops in Denver, but Warren still set his mind on the project.

After building his first bench, he put together seven more. Warren places his mark on them by inscribing two special words into the wood. It was message he wanted everyone to hear.

Photos showed one of the benches with the phrase, “Be Kind” on its seat. Another image showed the young man smiling while standing next to his handiwork:

This is James Warren.

He noticed that bus stops in his neighborhood didn't have any benches and people would often sit on the ground.

So he went around, collected scrap wood, and started making free benches.

He's already installed eight so far pic.twitter.com/iwetcuA6aI

— Goodable (@Goodable) August 13, 2022

The project has proved to be a rewarding endeavor for Warren who said people are grateful for the special seating because it can be painful to stand and wait for long periods of time.

Several women told him they used the benches every day, Warren commented, adding, “It fills me up. It’s air in my tires.”

Warren said, “That’s the idea. Let’s just all help our neighbors.”

HERE: https://resistthemainstream.org/man-creates-benches-for-people-to-rest-at-bus-stops-lets-help-our-neighbors/

- hmm, personally I don't take the bus but I walk; and moreover I never visited Denver...too bad

Mental Health First Aid England

@MHFAEngland

We're supporting the NHS campaign - Better Health, to raise awareness of the link between physical activity and mental wellbeing. MHFA England Client Delivery Consultant, Isabelle Hartley, shares her experience: https://bit.ly/3c1FKwT

https://twitter.com/MHFAEngland/status/1560635381116125184?cxt=HHwWgICqtYnnvqgrAAAA

-DR6I-Nz?format=jpg&name=small

...and too: 

SCH Therapy Dogs

@schtherapydogs

Here: https://twitter.com/schtherapydogs

...and too:

Goodable

@Goodable

- Just real, daily good news — when you need it the most.

Here: https://twitter.com/Goodable

On 8/24/2022 at 2:23 PM, msfntor said:

Maybe something bad happened to you recently, sorry... I feel Sorry for you!

Yeah, the bad thing that happened to me recently, is the start of education lessons on August 20.

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Yeah, the bad thing that happened to me recently, is the start of education lessons on August 20.

And ... in what field, these education lesssons, please ...and why bad?..

Edited by msfntor
these

MOTTO: "Although what they're saying is possible, this is by no means proof that it is true."

Your Brain Gets Tired, and Scientists Now Know Why

While participants worked, researchers used scanning technology called magnetic resonance spectrometry to measure levels of glutamate that had built up in the prefrontal cortex of their brains.

Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that plays a major role in learning and memory, according to the Cleveland Clinic. It's needed in proper concentrations in the right places for your brain to function properly, but too much glutamate can cause neurons to become overexcited and lead to brain cell damage or death.

Researchers found that people given more difficult mental tasks did indeed have higher levels of glutamate build up in their prefrontal cortex. Those participants also showed other signs of fatigue, including reduced pupil dilation....

HERE: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-08-12/your-brain-gets-tired-and-scientists-now-know-why

..and another link:

Scientists say too much glutamate is why thinking hard makes you tired

Research shows that completing complex cognitive tasks releases this neurotransmitter, which can be toxic to the nervous system in high concentrations...

HERE: https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-08-12-scientists-say-too-much-glutamate-is-why-thinking-hard-makes-you-tired.BkxKf8vVRc.html

Edited by msfntor

4 hours ago, mina7601 said:

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

And ... in what field, these education lesssons, please ...and why bad?..

Whatever happened (or is currently still happening), be it of traumatic nature, I'm glad you've made it through it, and seeing as it started on the 20th, means you are stronger than you realize. We are here to listen, may not have the (right) answers, but if you feel comfortable and want to write about it (be it vague in posting) we are always here if you need us.

Will write more as it comes to me ... be well and try not to let it wear down at your resolve.

EDIT:

Chin up.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Would've liked your posting, but, of course, I can't like a posting when a person is enduring through a struggle.

EDIT:

I do like that you are enduring, I meant suffering, good you are enduring. You are!

Edited by XPerceniol

15 hours ago, msfntor said:

Cool!

I've never been to a bar ...
And I quit smoking cigarettes in the early 80's. When I did smoke, I smoked 5-10 cigarettes a day, but I always knew that I was able to end up with that horrible stinky habit. In my youth I was never under the influence of other young people who behaved badly...but I was not an angel either.

I'm no saint either, I contributed to my own situation. Have to own up to and take responsibility to move forward.

Glad you quit smoking, not every can.

Actually, I was always the 'good kid' home at 10PM and never hung out with bad crowd, but not that case in my 20's; sadly ... almost was my demise, but some didn't make it through it. Now I live quiet life, but I'm too reclusive and fear people. Hard to explain.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

And ... in what field, these education lessons, please ...and why bad?..

It's bad because I will go outside often for the lessons, and I will also get a lot of homework to do, and so on. And the thing is, I don't go outside often. Also, I am not sure what do you mean by in what field. Do you mean in which year exactly? 2nd secondary, and it's 1st term (there's a 2nd term too).

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Would've liked your posting, but, of course, I can't like a posting when a person is enduring through a struggle.

EDIT:

I do like that you are enduring, I meant suffering, good you are enduring. You are!

Sorry, I'm kinda confused here. Do I look like suffering, or enduring to you?

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Whatever happened (or is currently still happening), be it of traumatic nature, I'm glad you've made it through it, and seeing as it started on the 20th, means you are stronger than you realize. We are here to listen, may not have the (right) answers, but if you feel comfortable and want to write about it (be it vague in posting) we are always here if you need us.

Will write more as it comes to me ... be well and try not to let it wear down at your resolve.

When I get more information, I will write about it.

Edited by mina7601

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

.. I will write about it.

Ok, but only if you feel comfortable doing so. please don't feel pressured, only if you feel it would help you, you help others here in various ways, its what is said and sometimes what is not said (reading between the lines, so to speak) that could help others reading to know they are not alone. Yeah, hate to say suffering, but rather enduring seems better. I feel we all didn't meet up here by accident, there was (is) purpose well beyond only computers :yes:

Edited by XPerceniol

13 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Ok, but only if you feel comfortable doing so. please don't feel pressured, only if you feel it would help you, you help others here in various ways, its what is said and sometimes what is not said (reading between the lines, so to speak) that could help others reading to know they are not alone.

No, of course I don't feel pressured. I mean it really.

Hi all , I'm taking a break and back home for now (due an injury) , but I'll survive and get back when the weather cools down. It's nothing serious , it's more annoying than dangerous. All I can say , the situation there got much worse and they need our help . There will be a special place in hell for those "people" and nations who defended Russia or even just stood passive at their side. So I'm definitely going back. A good thing I can still play games. Hope all of you are well too ! 

8 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hi all , I'm taking a break and back home for now (due an injury) , but I'll survive and get back when the weather cools down. It's nothing serious , it's more annoying than dangerous. All I can say , the situation there got much worse and they need our help . There will be a special place in hell for those "people" and nations who defended Russia or even just stood passive at their side. So I'm definitely going back. A good thing I can still play games. Hope all of you are well too ! 

I'm glad you're alive!

Rest well at home.