“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

18 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hi all , I'm taking a break and back home for now (due an injury) , but I'll survive and get back when the weather cools down. It's nothing serious , it's more annoying than dangerous. All I can say , the situation there got much worse and they need our help . There will be a special place in hell for those "people" and nations who defended Russia or even just stood passive at their side. So I'm definitely going back. A good thing I can still play games. Hope all of you are well too ! 

Glad to see you back to home. Stay well.

13 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Hi all , I'm taking a break and back home for now (due an injury) , but I'll survive and get back when the weather cools down. It's nothing serious , it's more annoying than dangerous. All I can say , the situation there got much worse and they need our help . There will be a special place in hell for those "people" and nations who defended Russia or even just stood passive at their side. So I'm definitely going back. A good thing I can still play games. Hope all of you are well too ! 

Hello @D.Draker! Glad to hear from you! :) I am sure that surviving is the most important of all. Hope your injury is not too serious! Please, take good care of you, and don't take your injury lightly! Only a healthy man can fight! Unfortunately, I'm too old and not trained for that. Anyway, recover well from your injury at home! :yes:

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @D.Draker! Glad to hear from you! :) I am sure that surviving is the most important of all. Hope your injury is not too serious! Please, take good care of you, and don't take your injury lightly! Only a healthy man can fight! Unfortunately, I'm too old and not trained for that. Anyway, recover well from your injury at home! :yes:

Greetings, AstroSkipper ! You can't even imagine how pleasant it is to receive these well wishes from A Frisian !  Yes, I was just browsing through the unread posts and saw you're a Frisian !  I couldn't beleive my eyes ! I hope my mind wasn't playing tricks with me . I mean , you're so great ! Frisians are an iconic nation. Wise, ancient and very rare to meet these days . I read quite a lot about them and was always so fascinated ! It doesn't matter what age you are , you're too valuable to be sent to that meat grinder . Though, it'd be a great honour to serve under your command , and you must be a general , at least .

No wonder your English is so perfect ! Frisian and English are very closely related.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Greetings, AstroSkipper ! You can't even imagine how pleasant it is to receive these well wishes from A Frisian !  Yes, I was just browsing through the unread posts and saw you're a Frisian !  I couldn't beleive my eyes ! I hope my mind wasn't playing tricks with me . I mean , you're so great ! Frisians are an iconic nation. Wise, ancient and very rare to meet these days . I read quite a lot about them and was always so fascinated ! It doesn't matter what age you are , you're too valuable to be sent to that meat grinder . Though, it'd be a great honour to serve under your command , and you must be a general , at least .

No wonder your English is so perfect ! Frisian and English are very closely related.

Thanks a lot for this unbelievable nice reply, @D.Draker! Yes, I am a Frisian! But it would never have been enough for a general, you have to be of a different breed. Nevertheless, I feel very honoured and am definitely very pleased that you have read some of my posts. I have just drunk a cup of East Frisian tea. By the way, the Frisian dialect is "plattdeutsch" and doesn't sound so nice to many Germans. I've always spoken pure "hochdeutsch" for family reasons, and today, too. I don't know how long you'll be home, but I hope we can chat a bit more. For now, I wish you a good night. slapen.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

1 - Thanks a lot for this unbelievable nice reply, @D.Draker!

2 - Yes, I am a Frisian! But it would never have been enough for a general, you have to be of a different breed.

3 - Nevertheless, I feel very honoured and am definitely very pleased that you have read some of my posts.

4 - I have just drunk a cup of East Frisian tea.

5 - By the way, the Frisian dialect is "plattdeutsch" and doesn't sound so nice to many Germans. I've always spoken pure "hochdeutsch" for family reasons, and today, too.

6 - I don't know how long you'll be home, but I hope we can chat a bit more. For now, I wish you a good night. slapen.gif

1 - You're very welcome ! I think I could write a poem to any Frisan I meet, unfortunately I'm a bit tired . No worries , just give it some time ,

I'll heal and write you a poem , lol. 

2 - Being a Frisian is already more than enough . The Frisians are extremely talented people. Outstanding genes !

3 - It's a great honour for me !

4 - Tastey !

5 - They are wrong , it's a very beautiful language , like the Frisian people themselves ! Just look at Doutzen Kroess , for example.

6 - It depends on the healing process. AstroSkipper, of course I'll chat with you with pleasure ! Thank you.

15 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi all , I'm taking a break and back home for now (due an injury) , but I'll survive and get back when the weather cools down. It's nothing serious , it's more annoying than dangerous. 

@D.Draker, I would like to recommend to you some best products from our home first aid kit that you may not know:
Auréomycine Evans 3% (antibacterial ointment, by prescription),
OSMOGEL = Lidocaine hydrochloride/Magnesium sulphate (gel, against post-traumatic pain and swelling), a wonderful ointment, swelling disappears!
HEMOCLAR 0.5% cream (against bruises, bumps),
BIAFINE (emulsion against epidermal burns).

PS.

... and don't forget to read my topic "Pretty Detox Posts" to detox from bad news!

Edited by msfntor

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

It depends on the healing process. AstroSkipper, of course I'll chat with you with pleasure ! Thank you.

Hope the healing process goes well and you have enough time for full recovery! You have complimented me so many times on my English language skills, which by far need improvement. In any case, I must return this compliment regarding your English language competence. From your profile, I know you are French, and I think learning, speaking and writing in English is a bit more difficult for a native French speaker than a German (Frisian :P) one. Your English is absolutely perfect. Where did you learn it? Or, is your background bilingual or multilingual? :dubbio::)

Edited by AstroSkipper

13 hours ago, msfntor said:

@D.Draker, I would like to recommend to you some best products from our home first aid kit that you may not know:
Auréomycine Evans 3% (antibacterial ointment, by prescription),
OSMOGEL = Lidocaine hydrochloride/Magnesium sulphate (gel, against post-traumatic pain and swelling), a wonderful ointment, swelling disappears!
HEMOCLAR 0.5% cream (against bruises, bumps),
BIAFINE (emulsion against epidermal burns).

PS.

... and don't forget to read my topic "Pretty Detox Posts" to detox from bad news!

That's a huge help , thank you . I actually know the osmogel one. Yes it's wonderful ! I shall order the other ones soon. 

8 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

1 - Hope the healing process goes well and you have enough time for full recovery!

2- You have complimented me so many times on my English language skills, which by far need improvement.

3 - In any case, I must return this compliment regarding your English language competence. From your profile, I know you are French, and I think learning, speaking and writing in English is a bit more difficult for a native French speaker than a German (Frisian :P) one. Your English is absolutely perfect. Where did you learn it? Or, is your background bilingual or multilingual? :dubbio::)

1 - Thanks, don't worry it will . I'm like a lizard, lol. I just had to jump on a pile of very sharp objects when trying to avoid a blast . It was like - either blast or this , lol. So there's a huge puncture in one of my toes. Why huge ? Well , I'm very tall and (because of this and some of my muscles) quite heavy , so ... The other "piercings" , well ... ok , lets forget about it . Luckily, all is fine with the face. I got no burns , but the commies use their thermobarics quite extensively , so yeah , one could say I got lucky. Unfortunately, I need to stop here as I can't disclose anything in particular due to the obvious safety reasons (not mine, but the people under constant and brutal attacks) and due to the no-war-talks website policy.

2 - It's not just a compliment , it's a fact. You feel the laguage like it's your mother tongue.

3 - Thank you , well ... hard to say . I started to learn English at 5 - 6 y.o. , mostly at school. Despite the common belief , the French are quite good with English , just look at @msfntor !

As for me , I'm from Vichy and it is very different from the rest of the French territories . Besides, Vichy always had very warm feelings towards Dutch and Germans, esp. the Frisian ones . And it will !

We originate from the Germanic tribes, I don't need to tell you that.

16 hours ago, D.Draker said:

So there's a huge puncture in one of my toes.

Injuries to the foot hurt like hell. I'm very sensitive to them. By the way, I also had muscles when I was younger. :P

due to the no-war-talks website policy.

We have to respect that, of course, and there are many other things one can talk about. :yes:

You feel the language like it's your mother tongue.

I think some members, here in this forum, have a completely different opinion. :whistle:

Despite the common belief , the French are quite good with English

I didn't mean to say that the French can't learn English or are less talented. I haven't been to France for a while. In the past, I didn't get very far with English when I spent my holidays there. I had to get out my French dictionary. It's probably all totally changed nowadays!

As for me , I'm from Vichy and it is very different from the rest of the French territories . Besides, Vichy always had very warm feelings towards Dutch and Germans, esp. the Frisian ones . And it will !

We originate from the Germanic tribes, I don't need to tell you that.

Nice to hear that we originate from the same tribes! Truth be told, all human individuals from the species homo sapiens do have the same origin, from a biological point of view. Unfortunately, from another point of view, there are some exceptions. :D

Edited by AstroSkipper

13 hours ago, D.Draker said:

That's a huge help , thank you . I actually know the osmogel one. Yes it's wonderful ! I shall order the other ones soon. 

Thanks, and don't forget to put some talc powder on the wounds (good quality, without presence of asbestos in talc) - this way they will heal faster.

Look here: The end of the (Johnson Johnson) talc era: the Johnson Johnson company will stop marketing the powder that was suspected to be carcinogenichttps://newsrnd.com/news/2022-08-12-the-end-of-the-talc-era--the-johnson-johnson-company-will-stop-marketing-the-powder-that-was-suspected-to-be-carcinogenic---voila!-news.r1-3vMLXA9.html

17 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I started to learn English at 5 - 6 y.o. , mostly at school.

This sounds rather a bit late in my opinion. I started learning English when I was 4 years old officially (and even a bit younger than that!)

Edited by mina7601

However, I started learning French when I was 12 years old, so the 2 languages I speak aside from my native language (Arabic) are: English and French. French is still a WIP (Work In Progress) for me, so it's not exactly perfect, but English, oh man, you can consider me mastered on it.

15 hours ago, mina7601 said:

This sounds rather a bit late in my opinion. I started learning English when I was 4 years old officially (and even a bit younger than that!)

You know what , I totally agree ! But unlike in Egypt , English is not our state language, so most of us starting to learn it only at that age or even later. I'm pretty sure there are exceptions (rich families , etc). My parents and me are simple folks , so ...