I have two HP mobile PC's

I encounter BSOD win32k.sys error with Arrandale 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics (GPU unit within CPU)

Intel driver is official (latest), System XP SP3

Problem seems to be gone so far with: browser.tabs.remote.autostart = true to false

The other Laptop is equipped with an intel X3100 (GMA950) onboard GPU

Intel driver is modded (Chell 1.7b), GL-Version = 1.5, therefore no GL possible with mypal68

I never encounter BSOD with this PC, but if I remember back, I got BSOD win32k.sys with Firefox52ESR with latest official intel driver years ago. I switched to Chell 1.7b and the problem was gone. The Chell driver will not be detected from Firefox, so no D3D or GL possible

I think, the problem is not the OS or the GPU Hardware, probably it's the Firefox hardware acceleration (D3D/GL) which causes this win32k.sys error. Probably the hardware acceleration feature uses GPU memory (instead of system RAM), which isn't enough?

On page 17, there's test release, how can I help? I have Intel X3100, X4500 and Intel HD 1st Gen. GPU

mypal68arrandale.jpg

mypal68gma950.jpg

In MyPal 68b5, acceleration does not work on GMA 900 - 3150 video cards. It will be in beta 6, but you will most likely have to turn it on manually. In roytam1 assemblies, acceleration on these video cards can be enabled. 1.7b does not affect the inclusion of acceleration. You can try to change:

layers.mlgpu.enabled - false

layers.gpu-process.enabled - false

extensions.webextensions.remote - false

dom.ipc.processCount 1

browser.tabs.remote.autostart = true

Edited by grey_rat

23 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Could/would someone else confirm YT is having issues with Mypal68 other than me? Its been giving me a blank page after 10 seconds.

I spoke too soon.

YT is definitely acting up, did google change things again because this is recent past week?

(Chell) 1.7b does not affect the inclusion of acceleration.

But it makes a difference with WebGL1 usage, probably that's the point why some users encounter win32k.sys BSOD an others not?

...YT is having issues with Mypal68 other than me?

No YT problems I could report so far

Edited by satmonk

I tried to access :www.elster.de/eportal/login/softpse

But it's impossible to select a file for upload. The Button ("Durchsuchen") is unresponsive. I tried Mypal68 on other operating systems, but the problem persists. Button is working with Firefox 79 (Ubuntu). What exactly could be the problem?

21 hours ago, satmonk said:

But it makes a difference with WebGL1 usage, probably that's the point why some users encounter win32k.sys BSOD an others not?

No YT problems I could report so far

Thank you - maybe its a glitch because I'm also not having this issue anymore. When it happens I just give it priority. Hopefully @feodor2 is managing given the circumstances.

On 2/17/2023 at 2:13 AM, satmonk said:

I tried to access :www.elster.de/eportal/login/softpse

But it's impossible to select a file for upload. The Button ("Durchsuchen") is unresponsive. I tried Mypal68 on other operating systems, but the problem persists. Button is working with Firefox 79 (Ubuntu). What exactly could be the problem?

I observed this (new) behavior the last year too: even with Firefox 78 it wasn't possible to upload (the Elster certificate) for login.

My solution was to install version 102;  i suppose the newest hypermodern upload-technics of google used in Elster.de to be the culprit...

On 2/24/2023 at 8:51 AM, RamonUn said:

Also a new release by Feodor2 just 14 hours ago. MyPal68.13 nightly build

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/160

It is supposedly even less stable but has better JS engine, I suggest to check it out.

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention! I am excited to see what happens with Mypal going forward, but even more than that I am glad Feodor is okay for now. I was very worried about him--and of course, I still am. Always keeping everyone in my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 8:51 AM, RamonUn said:

Also a new release by Feodor2 just 14 hours ago. MyPal68.13 nightly build

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/160

It is supposedly even less stable but has better JS engine, I suggest to check it out.

Good to see ... will test and start using. Glad he is able to still continue his project given the circumstances over there. Sending well wishes.  

39 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Good to see ... will test and start using. Glad he is able to still continue his project given the circumstances over there. Sending well wishes.  

welcome back are dear friend @XPerceniol!

Edited by legacyfan