1 hour ago, grey_rat said:

XPerceniol, in XP only D3D9 is possible

layers.geometry.d3d11.enabled; false

media.wmf.enabled;false WMF does not work in XP

webgl.angle.try-d3d11;false

Thank you both ... I made those changes does this mean to change:

layers.prefer-d3d9;false (default) to true?

I'm used to a basic system with much disabled so I might even notice anyway =P

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, grey_rat said:

Yes true

Other D3D in XP are not possible

Thank you, I have changed according to your advice. I really appreciate everyone's help .... I'm quite impressed thus far with this. Still some strange questions. When I first run this loader/launcher on a clean system, it will create registry entries (of course, @AstroSkipper confirmed this is legit) and also an install file (as well as the profiles file with two profiles) once "Installed" I've removed that file (and the unneeded profile) and everything remains intact but removing the profiles file and the process starts over. Removing the registry entry and it will create it again with new value, but with same (existing) profile.

Hope that made sense.

Edited by XPerceniol

And even sanitize and clear all at shutdown:

Still retains..

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Application Data\Mypal68\Profiles\rq26ohgd.default-default

SiteSecurityServiceState and Cookies and sessionCheckpoints (ever/super cookies) and formhistory. I will say, the places file is retaining some of my history even though I don't EVER (on any browser) save passwords. Never!

I use Ccleaner to take care of this issues.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Even though I *think* I have safe browsing disabled, it still is connecting and creating files upon closing the browser and sanitize at shutdown (and such and so on) ...?

untitled_sb.thumb.JPG.75300d327325d8b4b3eec8a4891746da.JPG

Everything pertaining to safe browsing is disabled, so perhaps:

browser.safebrowsing.prefixset_max_array_size;524288 ... I could go with "0" value, but I suspect even though those files are created, @feodor2 has stripped a lot out already as I see a lot removed.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

once "Installed" I've removed that file (and the unneeded profile) and everything remains intact but removing the profiles file and the process starts over. Removing the registry entry and it will create it again with new value, but with same (existing) profile.

Hope that made sense.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

And even sanitize and clear all at shutdown:

Still retains..

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Application Data\Mypal68\Profiles\rq26ohgd.default-default

SiteSecurityServiceState and Cookies and sessionCheckpoints (ever/super cookies) and formhistory. I will say, the places file is retaining some of my history even though I don't EVER (on any browser) save passwords. Never!

I use Ccleaner to take care of this issues.

Hello @XPerceniol! I will try to help you. When I had installed Mypal 68 the very first time, I also had the issue that an unneeded profile folder was always reinstalled. I solved it by editing the file profile.ini located in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Mypal68\. The special character * is in your case the string DELL. Here is my modified code of the file profile.ini:

[Profile2]
Name=Default
IsRelative=0
Path=D:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Default

[Profile1]
Name=Test
IsRelative=0
Path=D:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Test

[Profile0]
Name=Mypal68
IsRelative=0
Path=d:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Mypal68.12.2
Default=1

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0
Version=2

[InstallE2373D2F645B4BBF]
Default=d:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Mypal68.12.2
Locked=1

As you can see, I have three different profile folders on the drive D:. The current loaded profile is in my case Mypal68.12.2 and set as default.  I never install profiles into my system partition. If the partition was faulty or not bootable, all data would be lost. I always separate Windows and the programs from my data. Try to manipulate your profile.ini similarly, and no new folder will be created anymore. That happened in my case. There is a second file in this folder named installs.ini. with the following code:

[E2373D2F645B4BBF]
Default=d:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Mypal68.12.2
Locked=1

After modifying in the way above, no new profile folders will be created anymore.  I always update the already existing Mypal 68 installation by copying the new files over the old ones. All existing profiles remain, and no new ones are added. Hope I could help you! :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Oddly enough (even for me ... ha)

I can not get rid of the install, if I remove, it comes back and its makes me wonder what that is?

[InstallA1A6104FCEB892D8]
Default=Profiles/ar503r4q.default-default

If I change "IsRelative" to 0:

I get a corrupt profiles and created a new one, of course and all is fine :)

[Profile0]
Name=default-default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/ar503r4q.default-default
Default=1

I changed "StartWithLastProfile" from 1 to 0 and it brings up the manager for multiple profiles, so that was super cool to see this launcher/loader (whatever) is doing its job.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Version=2

Thanks you as always for you attention and help :)

EDIT:

correction ... I remove the last 3 lines:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Version=2

... and that did not reappear :)

It starts up with the only profile I'm using with only what is below in profiles.ini

[Profile0]
Name=default-default
IsRelative=1
Default=1

I'm not keen on that install identifier, seeing my profile for the latest Serpent profiles.ini reads with no install identifier:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=private
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/qxykmjt0.private
Default=1

Edited by XPerceniol

58 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Oddly enough (even for me ... ha)

I can not get rid of the install, if I remove, it comes back and its makes me wonder what that is?

I get a corrupt profiles and created a new one, of course and all is fine :)

[Profile0]
Name=default-default
IsRelative=1
Default=1

I changed "StartWithLastProfile" from 1 to 0 and it brings up the manager for multiple profiles, so that was super cool to see this launcher/loader (whatever) is doing its job.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Version=2

Thanks you as always for you attention and help :)

EDIT:

correction ... I remove the last 3 lines:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1
Version=2

... and that did not reappear :)

It starts up with the only profile I'm using with only what is below in profiles.ini

[Profile0]
Name=default-default
IsRelative=1
Default=1

I'm not keen on that install identifier, seeing my profile for the latest Serpent profiles.ini reads with no install identifier:

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=private
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/qxykmjt0.private
Default=1

Hello, @XPerceniol! :hello: Unfortunately, I can't figure out your answer. Did my post above help you in solving your issue with creating of an unnecessary profile or not? :dubbio:

9 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I don't know either, but other than that install id, everything is fine and your posting did help. I wonder if @dmiranda might see this install id as I don't have this in Serpent.

Thanks for your reply! Why do you talk about Serpent:dubbio: The file installs.ini with this install ID I observed only in Mypal 68's folder located in C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Mypal68\:)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

IsRelative=0 means using absolute paths as, for example, D:\Eigene Dateien\Mypal\Mypal68\Profiles\Test in my case.
IsRelative=1 means relative paths in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Mypal68\Profiles as, for example, Profiles/qxykmjt0.private in your case. You can't mix the two! :no: That wouldn't work! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

We shall consider that ff68 is well into the path of mozilla's transformation into whatever the heck it is now.  Therefore it includes more spyware features (telemetry is just that plus customer services, heh) than the versions we generally use. I have noticed something of a UID sometimes, but I use mypal (or one of the two 360chrome flavors available) just for social media and stuff I can't see in sp52. While in mypal, @XPerceniol,every now and then I throw them cookie-monsters a bone, and visit one or two external links too, so the bots can chat among them.  A visit to ok-ru makes them crazy. I think one of the gg bots has the hots for me... 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, XPerceniol said:

canvas.JPG.0369e3a96692d57a1654a3ae49fd613c.JPG

I know we've already been down this read and I have a better understanding of canvas and fingerprinting, but i"m not all too worried, personally. I'm trying more to limit what is collected.

Do you guys think changing any of those would make any difference? Of course, trying not to have to use an extension. Dang I love poisondata ....:lol:

Maybe it changes as I chose my systems and fonts so much, but same (very) old hardware.

Sorry I have been busy with a job to highlight the blocking of browser trackers (Firefox vs Edge).
Interested?

In my opinion you should decrease the Insecure Cipher Suites,but if you don't test:

https://browserleaks.com/ssl

and try the browser in the web pages you frequent it is not possible to verify the functionality.

An optimal situation would be with only 2 Insecure Cipher Suites active.
If you are interested I can include an image of Firefox (but of course updated to the latest version).

Edited by Sampei.Nihira