Windows 8.1 Extended Kernel?

Jakob99

Windows 8.1 Extended Kernel  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Windows 8.1 Extended Kernel?

• Yes
    • No

15 hours ago, WinCare said:

It will be capable for Windows 7, or Windows 8 too. 

VxKex, released on 2022 by @vxiiduu, henceforth it is a failure. So I hope Windows 7 or Windows 8 Extended Kernel will help us out. 

@win32 and @WinClient5270, help us for Windows 7! 

What exactly are you working on? Is this to be similar project to KernelEx for Windows 98? So far, I've seen you focused on at least 3 different versions of Windows. Do you have a demo or screenshots of something you can show some sort of progress that you're making? I think you'd be apt to get a lot more people onboard to help you if you showed what you're working on, that it does work to an extent, and that you're not just stringing them along.

I have exams till Feb 28.

I will release on March. So, I want @win32 to guide me how to do.

WinCare is what, I have to say, is that, caring the future of earlier versions of Windows, like Windows XP to Windows 8.x.

Edited by WinCare

Ask @win32 to help me to make an extended kernel. Streaming March 2023, I am going to make an extended kernel.

The development of WinCare is on and on. I am coming right now.

To everybody, I am reminding you all, March 2023 is what I have to say, exams are till Feb 28, and I will make an extended kernel for Windows 7 and Windows 8, Windows 10 9888 ISO transformed to Windows 8.

Edited by WinCare

15 hours ago, msquidpl said:

I guarantee you that you won't make an extended kernel better than VxKex - none, to be precise! You don't have even a basic knowledge of the construction of operating systems and the interdependence of system components, let alone programming (you will need knowledge of C++) If I understand your post correctly - there is NO WAY that extended kernel will work simultaneously with Windows 7 and Windows 8. I very much appreciate your desire to keep these systems alive, but so far you are at best compromising yourself. Learn the basics, and then I think, for example, win32 will be able to help you get started.

Then go ask @win32! I have exams till Feb 28, and I will release on March 2023, and let him help me for Windows 7 and Windows 8.x after March!

What, you guys understand?!

3 hours ago, WinCare said:

I will release on March. So, I want @win32 to guide me how to do.

WinCare is what, I have to say, is that, caring the future of earlier versions of Windows, like Windows XP to Windows 8.x.

3 hours ago, WinCare said:

Then go ask @win32! I have exams till Feb 28, and I will release on March 2023, and let him help me for Windows 7 and Windows 8.x after March!

What, you guys understand?!

By any chance, you aren't under the influence of chemical substances, are you ?

I am under the influence, but because of my exams, till Feb 28, I will release on March.

I was trying to release on January, suddenly, my laptop broke and sent for repair and the technician says that it will take for 2 months. So, don't worry about it.

What's up everybody! My laptop still is repairing and it will take time Or longer! 

I have a phone which has a virtual machine and I installed Windows 10 build 9888 and which works fine. 😀

And I will modify and transform to Windows 8.1.

Sorry for my busiest inconvenience everybody. But don't worry. 

Lists of earlier versions of Windows to run modern apps:-

1. Windows 9.x - Kernel 9.x, to run Windows 2000, or Windows XP apps, or the apps compatible with versions of Windows, newer than Windows XP. 

2. Windows 2000 - fcwin2k, by @blackwingcat, to run Windows XP apps, or newer than Windows XP. 

3. Windows XP - OneCore API, by @Skulltrail, to run Windows Vista, or Windows 7 apps, or newer than Windows 7.

4. Windows Vista - Patched kernel files, by @win32, to run Windows 7 apps, or newer. 

5. Windows 7 - VxKex, by @vxiiduu, to run Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 apps, or newer. 

6. Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 - Based on Windows 10 build 9888, by me, to run apps compatible with Windows 10 or newer. 

So your „Extended Kernel“ won‘t even be based on Windows 8.1 but rather on Windows 10‘s Technical Preview? All you would have to do is to debomb it and than you want to call it Windows 8.1 Extended Kernel? Doesn‘t seem right to me. You should rather focus on Build 9600, as I think most of the Windows 8.1 users wan‘t to stay on that version for a reason.

Furthermore, is there any news about how to get Chromium 113 on 8.1 ?