360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

1 = If you want everything hard-coded, Humming Owl's releases may work better for you.

2 = I'm not here to "fight".

1 = He doesnt have 13.5.

2 = I only wrote because you asked/suggested 2206 and I explained why I don't want to use it!!! I was silent all these (years?) No ?

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I could screencap a crapload of Chinese URLs that are still in the .dll - but "in" and "executed" really are two different things.

This one executes pretty well when I clean my profile . 

Also , there's a unique ID that google creates if you just highligt some text and click search with google using the popup menu. Here's what the telemetry link looks when I highlight and press search for "MSFN online" .

https://www.google.com/search%3Fclient%3Daff-cs-360se%26ie%3DUTF-8%26q%3DMSFN%2BOnline%26&q=EgQzJiAdGJXjno4GIh9r045u4ujtD9GCWm3WMivQhDMMgFy

1 minute ago, D.Draker said:

This one executes pretty well when I clean my profile . 

Also , there's a unique ID that google creates if you just highligt some text and click search with google using the popup menu. Here's what the telemetry link looks when I highlight and press search for "MSFN online" .

That only happens if the original official Google search engine is in your list of default search engines.

Which it should NOT be if you run by build AS-IS and rebuild your profile from scratch.

Not sure what else to tell you.

Being PORTABLE, you can download AGAIN, close your current profile, extract the new download, and when you run that new download AS-IS without trying to change skin, without trying to import previous extensions, et cetera, but run AS-IS, your default search engine list should only contain ONE entry and that it is used for both the search bar and the popup menu.

Not sure what else to tell you.

9 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hmmm .. UGH!!!

Just a search for old songs on the google (not the default) on 360 Chrome

https://www.google.com.hk/search?client=aff-cs-360se&ie=UTF-8&q=old+song&

{google:baseURL}search?client=aff-cs-360se&ie={inputEncoding}&q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:bookmarkBarPinned}{google:searchClient}{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:omniboxStartMarginParameter}

I didn't even notice until you mentioned it @D.Draker

Hope you guys and everyone are doing well. 

google.HK ?!?!?!? Jeez , are you from Hong Kong ? Mine is always com .

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

All in blue is the plain and ugly telemetry, much much more than I have , but read what the author said above , he can't and won't do anything about it . We need to redownload and try to use it this way . Or get the hummingowl's version . I read you have the Dixel's version , at least it seemed to me . Does this kind of behaviour present there ?

I did not say that I "can't and won't do anything about it".

did say that if you use my version AS-IS then I do NOT see the behavior that you guys are reporting.

AS-IS when you search for "movies" (without the quotes), you should be sent to here  --  https://www.google.com/search?q=movies&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8  (even in Incognito, you do not need added extensions)

Without knowing a detailed step-by-step process of what you guys did that "broke" the AS-IS functionality then there is nothing for me to do, I cannot repeat what you guys are seeing, I only have the ONE google search engine in my list of search engines.

need to know what process you took that ended up reverting the list of search engines.  I cannot repeat what you guys are seeing.

I'll do what I can to help, but I need detailed step-by-step process of what reverted the list of search engines.

image.thumb.png.60d97fd8f1edccbd85e46b207c800cb0.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

10 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

The source=hp is how your browser configuration is telling Google that your search originated from a homepage.

None of the rest in blue is hard-coded in 360Chrome.  Your issue all boils down to this homepage parameter and where it came from.  A hard-coded search would have client=aff-cs-360se in the URL location you have source=hp.

What did you set up as your 360Chrome's homepage?  Do you have any extensions that alter your homepage?  Please also verify that you are not directing through a Proxy (or verify that your proxy is not altering your search query).

image.png.faefe734db6d0f84cc2d465b0a8f071c.png

image.png.ec2041719a1bdea91477506082433c21.png

image.png.c3e7a5ea57b9f15d607fe64fad7bed06.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Without knowing a detailed step-by-step process of what you guys did that "broke" the AS-IS functionality then there is nothing for me to do, I cannot repeat what you guys are seeing, I only have the ONE google search engine in my list of search engines.

Good Morning @NotHereToPlayGames

I'm sorry I left you hanging last night ... turned in early after posting and am reading now ... am going to work no this today and hopefully caught up some answers. Thank you for your hard work and help with this issues and matter :)

FTR, no proxy and I use NO extensions at al during testing now.

Edited by XPerceniol

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

And here's where that still exists in my v13.5 -

image.png.db1522cfe7d04aca1ae3fb63a0bbc02e.png

Yes , I know but I was able to convince @Dixel to help me out and strip them down . Also , he fixed all default search engines in the dll for me. And now he is (busy ?, I dunno) . I have normal searches in 13.5 . So when you suggested 2206 I went to use it , I just forgot that yours still has that chinese junk and I was like hell what the ... 

Anyways , I love you man , I'm not "fighting" , as you might say . At least two different people from d two ifferent countries with (obviously different IPs) and even without extensions  can't have the same let's call it "bug"  just out of the blue . Agree ? It's just a fact . That's why I prefer harcoded stuff , see ?

Edited by D.Draker
forgot to mention Dixel

45 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Yes , I know but I was able to convince @Dixel to help me out and strip them down . Also , he fixed all default search engines in the dll for me. And now he is (busy ?, I dunno) . I have normal searches in 13.5 . So when you suggested 2206 I went to use it , I just forgot that yours still has that chinese junk and I was like hell what the ... 

Anyways , I love you man , I'm not "fighting" , as you might say . At least two different people from d two ifferent countries with (obviously different IPs) and even without extensions  can't have the same let's call it "bug"  just out of the blue . Agree ? It's just a fact . That's why I prefer harcoded stuff , see ?

That is awesome to hear!

Sorry I didn't repspond to your question; also. @Dixel's version is fine, but, sadly, its too much (all V13) for this old clunker and V11 play videos all the way without skipping; but I'm grateful that he is sharing it with us. I would prefer to have this coded into the application (and files) without having to use the loader. 

So.. 

Fresh off the trunk - I'm on V11 and searching for flower brings me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flowers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

And only your google is the default search engine, so all is good. But (sorry) when I just load the application (all your files still) this is not the case, so  I guess the 'magic' is in the loader ... and I did change the skin without trouble :)

Edited by XPerceniol
sorry about my crazy typing ...