360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

I delete all of the "pre-applied" settings nonsense . I want to use my clean profile. Also no need to use other GPU - related flags if you have --disable-gpu . It's a master flag , if  one could call it like this.

Edited by D.Draker
I'm off . Over and out .

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hmmm .. UGH!!!

Just a search for old songs on the google (not the default) on 360 Chrome

https://www.google.com.hk/search?client=aff-cs-360se&ie=UTF-8&q=old+song&

{google:baseURL}search?client=aff-cs-360se&ie={inputEncoding}&q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:bookmarkBarPinned}{google:searchClient}{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:omniboxStartMarginParameter}

I didn't even notice until you mentioned it @D.Draker

You're welcome ! Lot's of work should still be done with his version . 

Edited by D.Draker
a typo , I'm celebrating , jeez

Interesting!  Perhaps my NoScript or uMatrix or Greasemonkey configs are blocking it.  I do not get the client=aff-cs-360se&ie crap on my config.

What version are you guys seeing this in?  I've been testing in v13 build 2206.  Are you two seeing this in v13.5 and only in v13.5 ???

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

But you changed the SKIN file (and I know that D.Draker does also, that's where his Chinese is coming from, he shared a link but I was unable to download so I cannot verify fully).

The way that all of the puzzle pieces fit together, that really is all it takes for things to not work as intended.

One "text string" can exist, literally, in AT LEAST four different files.

When you change the SKIN file, you change the "priority" of where that text string is pulled from.

My ungoogled v11 should look like this - only one default search engine and it's not the original Google but a replaced Google without the telemetry.

image.thumb.png.715a627e67fe5ec7fe02c8e8ab47bf5e.png

Ah. I see. Then I cant change skin anymore it looks like. Will repot back with your skin. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

EDIT:

I'm now (so called) skinless ... only YOUR:

en_skin.srx

iframe.srx

skin.srx

2nd EDIT:

I wil use fresh files above and clean out my profile and let you know. 

Edited by XPerceniol

17 hours ago, msfntor said:

Finished Youtube sound and video stuttering, video crashing browser here...
I finally found the real cause of all this, it seems to me: it's Youtube advertising that does this.
The solution is to install an extension against Youtube ads, example: Adblock Pro for Youtube: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-pro-for-youtube/ggokfoffgmgmkckgeclppfpgfmddbdjg/ 

I finally have videos that play technically well (and no more ads) in 360Chrome builds 13 r but especially 13 M...
Test the Youtube video crashing browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389cemZpkb4

Sorry guys, yesterday this worked, and today - nope...

17 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Your profile likely became corrupted also.  Unsure the "exacts" on how swapping skin files willy-nilly affects things, but I do know that it does effect things.

spacer.png

will totally start over with new fresh everything tonight :)

15 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I wil use fresh files above and clean out my profile and let you know. 

Awesome!  Many thanks!

Monitor the "Manage Search Engines" page in Settings -> Basics.

If you see the Default search settings on search bar change, try to keep track of what steps you took leading up to them changing.

The Other search engines is "designed" to change itself (unless you use Tampermonkey to disable "OpenSearch").

7 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But you changed the SKIN file (and I know that D.Draker does also, that's where his Chinese is coming from

Jeez , do you really think I'm that stupid ?? Or you just trying to draw attention away from the problem ? What does it have to do with the skin ??? It's hardcoded in the chrome.dll.

Here , precise locations for ya. YOUR version 13.0.2206. Also , where did I say about chinese ???

telemetry in360 SE 13.0.2206.png

I know where those hard-codes are (I am not stupid!  Nor was I claiming anyone else to be!).

I could screencap a crapload of Chinese URLs that are still in the .dll - but "in" and "executed" really are two different things.

I'm not here to "fight".  Just trying to offer an XP browser that works where Roytam's releases FAIL as far as "modern web".  It's not going to fit "everybody's" needs.

Humming Owl's releases will work better for you if you want everything hard-coded.

My builds rely on a portable file structure, work does need done to import/export profiles, but download my build and run AS-IS and the default search engine list only has ONE entry and it is NOT the original official Google.

If the Chinese search engines are in that list, then your profile became corrupted.  Don't know how!  My profiles have never become corrupted (which is kind of a surprise for v13 because it randomly used to crash quite a bit).

Attempts to save/import previous profiles is a "nightmare".  I don't have any good answers for that.  Other than it has become a thorn in the side and why I kinda stopped doing "updates".

Humming Owl's releases will work better for you if you want everything hard-coded.

The Chinese reference is the Developer Tools defaulting to Chinese in v13.5 for all Incognito Mode windows - I have not dug into it yet, I only know that it's on the to-do list and that I was going to look into that when you pointed it out once.

But I admit that I have not had the chance to do that yet.

Both versions have their pros and cons (I kinda have an immense hatred for the way Humming Owl's releases throw a nag screen when you close the last tab on a new profile, but do not recall if that is v11, v12, v13, or all of them).

If you want everything hard-coded, Humming Owl's releases may work better for you.

I'm not here to "fight".