360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

16 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I see ... I'm also beginning to thing I represent 50% of the V11 users as it would appear, now, its just myself and you on V11.

I don't know, too bad more people didn't take to this project as it was (still is) a great learning tool and opportunity to benefit from chromium even on older systems.

Yeah, you're right! Probability of using 360Chrome v11: for @XPerceniol 50% and for @AstroSkipper 50% too. That's a classical Laplace distribution! grafiti.gif total-lol.gif

24 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

wait ... what era is this we're in?? Shucks ... aren't people still wearing Bell Bottom Pants :unsure::blushing:

Of course, my favourite pants! Never worn any other pants! mdr-ordi.gif

Speaking only for myself, I want to thank you for your work on the versions of 360Chrome that you targeted. Having experimented with your final releases from January for the last few months, at this point I can say with tremendous confidence that you got them as close to perfect as possible. It's interesting to compare the differences between 11/12/13.x...on my Pentium D, 11 absolutely smokes the others as far as speed goes but is the weakest of the bunch in web compatibility, 12 balances speed/compatibility quite well and 13.x is extremely compatible while not being as fast (of course, on more powerful hardware, the speed gap becomes less apparent).
You can count me among the 11 users, and I use it on a daily basis now; while I was using 13.x for a while for 'future-proofing' purposes, the majority of websites still work great in 11 (and run significantly faster there than in 12 and 13.x).
Without any doubt, you earned the right to take some time for yourself (after all, you were doing this in your free time anyway), but I'm very thankful for your efforts in making it possible for us to have some great, telemetry-free modern Chromium browsers in XP.

To Draker and anyone else who may be wondering "when is he going to release a new version?", I say to you that this man has no obligation to do a thing for you, me, or any others in this forum. This was a project pursued with personal passion and interest in mind, and it's a fortunate bonus that we have all been able to reap the benefits as he was kind enough to share his mods (which he put a significant amount of effort into, over a long period of time) with all of us.
There's nothing ruling out a comeback, and I'm sure if he finds something that interests him as much if not more than 360 11/12/13.x did, he might be willing to do some more work, at least in his free time for his personal use. If he shares any of it with us, we can count it as a bonus too. Thank you very much, @NotHereToPlayGames!

11 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

"when is he going to release a new version?"

Where exactly did I ask that question ? All I wrote was just informing there were several new releases available . I totally understand you don't need new though , being on a Pentium D.

As for no obligation , I might somewhat disagree . Even though I understand there are no direct obligations , we still help each other no matter what. This is what this forum is for . For example , I'd gladly help you or anyone else whenever needed. Perhaps even if I'm busy.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

..we still help each other no matter what. This is what this forum is for . For example , I'd gladly help you or anyone else whenever needed. Perhaps even if I'm busy.

You've always been very helpful to me when I've had a question :)

10 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

...12 balances speed/compatibility quite well and 13.x is extremely compatible while not being as fast (of course, on more powerful hardware, the speed gap becomes less apparent).

Hmmm ... for some reason (I don't know why) 12 (for me) is worse than v13 :o

Perhaps I didn't tweak it properly and gave up on it too soon and decided I preferred @Humming Owl's DCBrowser over 360V12; but again, I will give it another try as DC Browser is now too obsolete. By the way, DC Browser has been updated several times and I checked upstream and its been updated to a new version, but like @NotHereToPlayGames stated, we're talking about browser that will work on XP and I don't know that would/is the case.

I'll do the best I can with V13 but with only 2gb of reliable memory, its not promising for me and V11 thus far does what I need and I prefer the Arctic Foxie un googled versions.

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hmmm ... for some reason (I don't know why) 12 (for me) is worse than v13

The same for me. Tried it a long time ago and even then it had troubles with many websites . I remember it just crashed when I tried to login to my streaming provider, for example . So it's dead for me .. like the rest. With some minor issues 13.5 (thanks to @NotThereToPlayGames is still OK but I started to use MiniBrowser (chrome 87) for some websites (I mean @Humming Owl's release, thanks to him again!). Have to note , I use them both with the old (red colour) Dixel's launcher that he wrote for (Opera 48?) . It gives like .... super-boost , esp. at the start. Just needed to rename the main executable and the folder where it starts from.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Where exactly did I ask that question ? All I wrote was just informing there were several new releases available . I totally understand you don't need new though , being on a Pentium D.

As for no obligation , I might somewhat disagree . Even though I understand there are no direct obligations , we still help each other no matter what. This is what this forum is for . For example , I'd gladly help you or anyone else whenever needed. Perhaps even if I'm busy.

I know you didn’t specifically ask. I’m sure you may have wondered about it, and I have done the same thing. I’ve been excited for a while to see if there will be any more updates, and there might be if NHTPG feels the need to address any remaining loose ends. But it seems all the meaningful stuff has been taken care of, and I can confirm from my end that 11 runs with the efficiency of a nuclear clock.

While 11 is my go-to version, I do have uses for 12 and 13.x, and they do run well on the Pentium D for most things. I will absolutely use one of these versions for a site that has problems in 11, but I haven’t run into a major one yet. Audio/video tend to stutter in these versions, but I’m sure they have no issues on more powerful hardware. In 11 there are almost no problems with stutter, and you have to load a lot of tabs to get it to the point where there is stuttering. In 12 and 13.x it takes only a few to get to that point.

I appreciate your work, my brother, and I am thankful for how you have kept us posted on these newer versions. I understand NHTPG’s perspective on how newer doesn’t always equal better, and his efforts to ensure that the fastest versions of each browser, based on a series of tests, were the ones he targeted. I think at this point that he’s happy with his last few releases…after months of daily use, I can say that they are as close to perfect as you can get. If the 360 developers had retained 32-bit XP compatibility with the latest version then it would probably be a non-issue as I have no doubt NHTPG would have taken a look at it and would be working with it right now if he felt the urge or desire to do so. It’s all up to him and however he feels, and what he wants to do. The best thing we can do is to be encouraging and show gratitude. If all that has changed with the later 13.x versions is that they moved the telemetry around, then I agree with him that it doesn’t necessarily warrant putting in the effort to make custom versions of them. If rendering improvements from later Chromium versions were to be backported to the Chromium 86 engine, or if a later Chromium engine were to be targeted for XP, then that would constitute a major change and would definitely warrant taking a closer look. But again, that’s all up to NHTPG.

12 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Ah , sorry . My gym website. 

In my opinion it seems to be a temporary problem. That's probably the reason why you was advised to keep calm and relaxed.

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

9 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

A very constructive advice  , thank you I'll follow it , please have no doubts.

Right! At first I would try to trust it,  maybe one or two days, and wait a bit. If your deadline ended, I would try to contact by phone or whatever depending on how important it is for you.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Right! At first I would try to trust it,  maybe one or two days, and wait a bit. If your deadline ended, I would try to contact by phone or whatever depending on how important it is for you.

Posting this question in this specific 360 browser topic kinda tells that I'm having this problem with this specific browser and not with the other ones.

/simpe-text-style (c) reply.