360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"hate" is not a strong enough word for Chromium browsers not having a real TITLE BAR.

Totally agree ! Having no taskbar sux . That's why I still hope you bring us the new 13.6 . 

<sarcasm>  Why the "hate".  </sarcasm>

2 hours ago, Anbima said:

V11 is significantly faster than Kafan.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Any proof to back this up ?

You two were both claiming which one was faster and one of you asked for proof.  But you both keep comparing different versions.

I was not involved at the time so all I did is run Speedometer 2.0 in both and I can get both of them to "win" depending on which computer I run them on.

So you are BOTH correct, as far as I can determine.

Anbima is using v11 (so am I).  Anbima has his REASONS to run v11 (so do I).

Anbima's computer does not have the resources to run v13 or Kafan.

So that's really the bottom line - we aren't technically comparing browsers from different eras but what Anbima can or cannot run.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

But you both keep comparing different versions.

Sorry but no , I always compare to 13.5 and write about it in every post . I don't even have 11.0 .  

Again , on my system with the ancient 2008-2009 tech, both runs fine . But Kaftan's rendering is tad faster and more pleasant. I can't count any seconds because it opens in 0.00000001 or smth like that.

I'm aware, no worries here.  But I don't really want a sub-forum for v11, another for v12, another for v13, another for v13.5.  So we get Anbima's v11 and your v13.5 all merged into one.

I totally get why Anbima uses v11.

I totally get why you use v13.5.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, Anbima said:

If I enter a URL in the address line, the input is delayed.
Deleting with backspace is also delayed.

It seems that data is transmitted for search suggestions.
Suggestions are not displayed (I don't need it either).

Can someone confirm this?
Is there a solution for this?

K ... The reason(s) I prefer your V11 over anything else at the moment (again, at the moment, can change) is because videos play steady. Sorry guys, I don't know how to properly test but V11 is (overall) better. For the record, V12 is terrible and should be abandoned unless we see others using it, worse lag in the url bar than 11. But, again, but; the typing lag (delay) that @Anbima is also noticing can take some getting used to - have to type slower - it promotes relaxation and patience Lol! also the occasional missing vanishing text - I close the browser. Oh well, not biggie, for me anyway.

Again, I know things will change and one day V11 and Serpent will be totally useless so I'll worry then. V13.5 is fine and I would certainly use any update (13.6) as its solid, just need to make sure nothing else is running to use it on my slow-azz molasses system.

Ya feel me?

:cool:

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Sorry but no , I always compare to 13.5 and write about it in every post . I don't even have 11.0 .  

Please install V11 and test it.
You will find a noticeable difference (even with a fast system).

1 hour ago, Anbima said:

Please install V11 and test it.
You will find a noticeable difference (even with a fast system).

Not to speak for him, but he knows.  He has "modern" web sites like his gym and where he buys food that do not work with v11 so he needs v13 or higher.

We are all going to have different needs and different priorities on those needs.

I myself need v13 or higher to pay my water bill or for a Wordle word-finder, but v11 works for everything else so I run v11 as my "default", run v13 for my water bill, and run NM28 for Wordle word-finder.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames
Wordle needs v13+, not v12+

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It was only 360Chrome and it having a real TITLE BAR that brought me to Chromium-based browsers.

Yours still didn't have real title bar last time I checked, always custom drawn XP Luna images over the real title bar regardless of system theme, always white caption font (probably hardcoded type as well). I have green font color set for active window and red for inactive window.

I like how PotPlayer (media player) does it, you can have it custom or follow Windows theme aesthetics.

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

also the occasional missing vanishing text - I close the browser. Oh well, not biggie, for me anyway.

Still, you can try --no-sandbox command line parameter.

Who knows if sandbox is even effective on XP / on these browsers. But it's the only thing in my experience that actually helps.

Edited by UCyborg

True.  I wouldn't call it a "real" title bar.  It doesn't use "system settings" - but neither does "real" Chrome  :whistle:

I can only speak for XP.  I've never used a "real" Chrome on Win7 or Win10.

I think Chrome calls it "headless" (tabs where title bar is supposed to be) - but whatever you call it, I don't like it  :realmad:

I've actually "downgraded" one of my computers from XP to 7 and another from XP to 10 - but I haven't decided if I'll even use 360Chrome on these two computers or not.

Chrome on Win7 keeps Windows theme aesthetics in the title bar. It's still drawing tabs in the title bar (this applies to all OS), so no actual caption.

On Win10 it custom draws Win10 style caption bar over Win10 default caption bar, which is even funnier. Even MCP guys did this to their Pale Moon and said this was the only way for it to look right, which I never understood.

Of course, then it sticks out like sore thumb if you use Aero Lite (the only official MS theme besides default one) or any unofficial theme. Last time I checked, there was still a command line parameter to disable this behavior on Chrome and Pale Moon also has a setting, though I think it changes something else and that is just side effect, forgot exactly and it's late. Vivaldi has the checkbox to enable normal title bar, of course all GUI inside the window is still custom.

Upon review, I will not be releasing any modifications to the "se" (Secure Browser) or "gt" (Game Browser) branches and will only stick with the "ee" (Extreme Explorer) branches.

The 13.6 branch is only available as a "Game Browser" version.

The 13.5 branch seems to be available in both "Secure Browser" and "Extreme Explorer" versions.

The 13.1 branch was never pursued here at MSFN and partly because it is the "Secure Browser" version as opposed to the "Extreme Explorer" version that basically all English mods (that I'm aware of) all stem from.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:51 PM, Anbima said:

Is it possible to put the "Other Bookmarks" on the left in the bookmark bar and the other bookmarks right-floor?

Unfortunately there is no answer here yet.
Is there a solution for this, or is it not possible?

I think I described it badly.
The "Other bookmarks" (usually on the right side in the Bookmark bar) should be to the left and all other bookmars right-wing.

Edited by Anbima