360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's one of the added bloatware items that is "fetched"

I was under the impression you had removed the malicious URLs from the chrome.dll. The impression was wrong ?

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

All versions should be considered FINAL at this stage.  Non-negotiable.

Would you be interested in moving to another browser then ? I've been thinking about Opera (on par with this one in regards of their spyware).

Let's say your gas supply website blocks you with your old chrome 86 . What then ? That's what I'm talking about . Gotta be ready , no ?

EDIT : Or maybe try the x64 version of 360 ?

Edited by D.Draker

42 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Gotta be ready , no ?

I will decide how I spend my free time.  The core engine has never been updated since early beta versions of v13.  Please stop trying to coerce me into creating yet another version.  All the info, tools required, and detailed instructions on "how" Humming Owl and I have created these have been provided over the years.  Feel free.

Well OK, I won't bother messing around with the theme/skin or anything else.
If it's bloatware, I don't really care as long as it's not doing anything malicious, I'll just make sure I don't ever activate it again by enabling that speed-up option!
:)

I wouldn't really call it a "speed-up" option.

If I understand it, it PRELOADS content based on links in your CURRENT page.  So your downloaded bytes go through the roof and you maybe never went away from page one so why enable the browser to load content for page two?

Page two loads faster because it loads portions of it before you clicked away from page one.

Ugh .. thank you guys, I just noticed I'd had those options enabled (checked) - chrome://settings/advanced (I'm using your old options before you removed the bloat thus a lot of the settings are broken - hopefully those 2, but I still like to see the old settings)

I disabled (unticked) them both and disabled these two flags, as well, if that is right?

V11 Of course. 

Thank you.

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

If it's bloatware, I don't really care as long as it's not doing anything malicious, I'll just make sure I don't ever activate it again by enabling that speed-up option!

I feel the same - less concerned with bloat and more concerend that those settings/flags are doing something bad. 

17 hours ago, Dave-H said:

This is simple , there's no such popup window in that old skin. Nothing to click on accidentally.

The registry entries do appear to delete OK when 360Chrome is closed.
I doubt there is anything wrong with my profile as there is no sign of any problems.
To see the popup window, I have to select the 'Optimize memory' icon in the bottom right corner, and then enable 'Enable prerender'.
Then wait until the large icon pops up saying the memory needs to be optimised, and click on it.
That's when I see the popup window.
It doesn't appear when 'Enable prerender' is disabled.

@Dave-H , I tried the same with an old light theme only because you don't like the dark ones . I've waited for 50 mins or so. Nothing happened.

@NotHereToPlayGames, I know it still says "clean" and I read it could be irrititang for some users , I personally have no problems

with that. Actually it's even somewhat better sounding/spelling for a Frenchman.

Clean.png