My Browser Builds (Part 3)

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Off-topic: got PCR positive result today, may need to quarantine at Community Isolation Facility (or not) so updates this week may be postponed.

Damn. Be strong and get well, roytam1

meanchild removed addon restrictions. However, he support it up until two day after M.A.T "stub" it out on his phoebe web site. Also previously said boc projects were dead but activity in git.

What does everyone say of it?

6 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Off-topic: got PCR positive result today, may need to quarantine at Community Isolation Facility (or not) so updates this week may be postponed.

Wish you a good course and a successful recovery, @roytam1! I've more or less just had it! Unfortunately, the cough doesn't really want to go away. mouchoir.gif

8 hours ago, roytam1 said:

I wish you the best recovery from your symptoms.

9 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Vegetable soup helps, I hope you get better soon roytam1.

I already know how to disable CSP (Content-Security-Policy) globally in New Moon 28 and Serpent 52. You have to set the variable security.csp.enable to false. And yes, I know it's a security risk. Therefore, I wrote a custom button to do that temporarily and to have full control over its status which is shown by the button itself in form of a image that changes its colour accordingly. ssupercool2.gif But, does anyone know if it is possible to disable CSP only for a certain page in NM and SP? :dubbio:

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper faireuncoucou.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

18 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Wish you the best recovery, and hope you get well soon.

Wish you a recovery from the government facility.

My New Moon 28 is now about a year old. Has there been any significant new functionality added to the browser since then? Could it theoretically be possible to improve the responsiveness of the browser on full cpu load while a big site is loading? For example, process the close button and tab switching in a "separate thread," so that the offending site can be closed,

1 hour ago, j7n said:

Could it theoretically be possible to improve the responsiveness of the browser on full cpu load while a big site is loading? For example, process the close button and tab switching in a "separate thread," so that the offending site can be closed,

Check https://msfn.org/board/topic/178466-force-multiprocess-mode-in-ff-52/

It seems to work. I see several processes of Basilisk running. Further testing is needed to determine if there are disadvantages. The browser may now stay below the memory limit, which is very good with 32-bit PAE. A responsive interface shouldn't necessarily require multiple processes though.

10 hours ago, j7n said:

Wish you a recovery from the government facility.

My New Moon 28 is now about a year old. Has there been any significant new functionality added to the browser since then? Could it theoretically be possible to improve the responsiveness of the browser on full cpu load while a big site is loading? For example, process the close button and tab switching in a "separate thread," so that the offending site can be closed,

thankfully I can quarantine at home (and not in government facility, where has no wifi and bad cellular networks) so I can continue my works.

new UXP/moebius builds will be available this week (... and in a new thread!)

BTW I just finished tracing firefox28 commits, skipping several commits, and import boost library and tete009's VC8 patch, I can compile it and make it work in XP RTM:

4uH1JUc.png

next step maybe filtering goanna-2.2 patches and apply them to this repo, and also make it work in win2000.

Edited by roytam1

21 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I already know how to disable CSP (Content-Security-Policy) globally in New Moon 28 and Serpent 52. You have to set the variable security.csp.enable to false. And yes, I know it's a security risk. Therefore, I wrote a custom button to do that temporarily and to have full control over its status which is shown by the button itself in form of a image that changes its colour accordingly. ssupercool2.gif But, does anyone know if it is possible to disable CSP only for a certain page in NM and SP? :dubbio:

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper faireuncoucou.gif

This is a question addressed to our experts, of course.

Is it possible to disable CSP (Content-Security-Policy) only for a certain page in New Moon 28 and Serpent 52interroge.gif 

AFAIK, it is possible in Chrome. There are some extensions to do that. But in NM or SP?

Kind regards, AstroSkipper webmaster.gif