Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

Firefox version 81 works with Extended Kernel. Not sure of any major issues since I only went to Google, but videos would probably be a problem since I believe versions beyond the 60's have issues with some videos. If you want to test this out, but aren't sure of how to do it, go to this thread for a tutorial. Credit goes to WinClient5270 and TatsuyaSou for the tutorials. I just took them and compiled it into one, hopefully easy to follow tutorial so you don't have to hunt between a YouTube Video and a thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connor McMahon said:

Speedtest by Ookla (Current version v1.7.132) works on Vista. They only Support Windows 7 or later.

Isn't that a web application (which worked well in roytam1's browsers last I checked, which means 2000/XP)? Or did they introduce a desktop client?

Edited by win32

9 minutes ago, win32 said:

Isn't that a web application (which worked well in roytam1's browsers last I checked, which means 2000/XP)? Or did they introduce a desktop client?

They did introduce a desktop client, but it does work even without your kernel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Connor McMahon said:

Speedtest by Ookla (Current version v1.7.132) works on Vista. They only Support Windows 7 or later.

“SpeedTest App” is listed as ONG in the Last versions of software for (vanilla) Windows Vista thread under System Management, Cleanup, and Analysis.

• Like 1

Just now, TECHGEEK said:

Also, I discovered that this kernel extension works with all the post-EOL updates from 2017-18 from @greenhillmaniac's repository (version no. 6.0.6003.20555), so you need not completely forgo the Server 2008 updates.

Doesn't seem like a config I'd trust, unless somehow all of the modded files were basically untouched, which I highly doubt.