Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

Here, you will find a list of software compatible with Windows Vista, after installing the new extended kernel by Win32. As this project is very new, this list will remain quite short for the time being. 

List:

BeamNG.Drive 0.16 and later

Chromium versions 53-73 beta (later versions currently do not work)

Firefox "classic" versions 53-56

Firefox Quantum version 57 and later

GIMP 2.10.18

Google Earth 7.3.3 and later

Interlink Mail client

Logitech Gaming Software 9.02

Opera 44 (later versions currently do not work)

Palemoon 28.x 

Rocket League

Thunderbird versions 53 and later

Waterfox Classic

Waterfox Current

Whatsapp

I will continue to update this list as more software is made compatible. Feel free to contribute your own additions in the form of a reply to the topic, and I will add them ASAP.

Edited by WinClient5270

Chromium versions from 53 up to beta versions of 73 seem to be working with the extended kernel (if you replace system files). Anything above will throw a BEX64 related crash.

Edited by Megadeth58

10 hours ago, Megadeth58 said:

Chromium versions from 53 up to beta versions of 73 seem to be working with the extended kernel (if you replace system files). Anything above will throw a BEX64 related crash.

I can’t get any chrome higher than 52 to open. How did you achieve that?

Dear WinClient and win32 (any everyone who participates on this project):

Thank you soo much for doing this project, I really appreciate your work. A few months ago I was very sad that NOBODY really appreciated Vista and that Browsing has become extremly risky. I updated it with Server 2008 patches till 04/20 to make IE9 safe at least but as you all know -> 113 HTML5 points are not enough to browse the web anymore. So thank you for this Extended Kernel, so I can use the latest Firefox on my most favourite OS. I hope you will one day be able to port Office 2013+, OneDrive, Skype, Steam and Spotify to Vista. That would be amazing 

34 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

I hope you will one day be able to port Office 2013+, OneDrive, Skype, Steam and Spotify to Vista. That would be amazing 

steam should be easy afaik , the main reason it doesnt work is because its 32bit and uses a newer chromium framework than that is supported on vista

Edited by burd

53 minutes ago, burd said:

steam should be easy afaik , the main reason it doesnt work is because its 32bit and uses a newer chromium framework than that is supported on vista

And with chromium 53 - 73 beta working i think we could make it work soon

1 minute ago, Megadeth58 said:

possibly,but only after the 32bit kernel extension , steam isnt 64bit so it wont work just yet.

Edited by burd

3 minutes ago, burd said:

possibly,but only after the 32bit kernel extension , steam isnt 64bit so it wont work just yet.

yeah, that's what i meant

Same thing as Discord, as it's 32 bit it doesn't work, though with firefox quantum and chromium working now the web discord experience's gonna be a fair tad better

Edited by Megadeth58

51 minutes ago, Megadeth58 said:

how did you get it working btw? doesnt work for me

3 minutes ago, Megadeth58 said:

It wasn't me, it was my friend. He got it working by replacing system files instead of redirecting but i found this method to... break my windows installation

Ok .... lol

26 minutes ago, burd said:

how did you get it working btw? doesnt work for me

Chrome works better than firefox actually. twitch works for example and h264 is supported.

https://pasteboard.co/JixKoef.jpg