Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Windows 2000

Extreme Explorer 360 (Chromium 78) - General Discussion

9 hours ago, VistaLover said:

That's probably because your system lacks Eastern Asian Fonts (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc...); not saying you'd be able to understand the messages in Chinese (displayed by the installer) had you got them installed... ;) :P Perhaps a native Chinese speaker could create an installation guide with screenshots for those wanting to install this Chinese Chromium 69 fork (myself, I'm using a Russian-made portable version in WinPenPack format, just search for it on line as it's not allowed here on MSFN to post links to "unofficial" packages... :unsure:).

Can't quite understand 

1) an outside-china installer is made in native chinese language :wacko:  

2) a lot of people are using a chinese browser without control on options/where/what is installed. :dubbio:

6 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

2) a lot of people are using a chinese browser without control on options/where/what is installed. :dubbio:

Could be you're just a little more paranoid than most? :P :angel

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

1) an outside-china installer is made in native chinese language

To be frank, I don't think they ever intended this for a massive consumption outside of mainland China; their site does provide rudimentary English localisation and the app, once installed, does have the option of a (poorly translated) English locale, but, beyond that, the browser is heavily China-centered (pre-installed Chinese search engines, default links to their own proprietary extensions store*, NPAPI+PPAPI flash [older version 29] downloaded straight from Chinese servers[IIRC, these are specially modified versions to allow better user tracking by the regime :angry:], pre-installed Quick Dial with popular Chinese sites, support forum in Chinese only, etc., etc.)...

What little English support exists is probably targeting foreigners already in China, for whatever reasons... Just my 2c, of course :P

(*): While you can install most extensions directly from the official Google Store when you're outside of China, do note that the installed extensions can't access it for update checks, so no auto-update for said extensions is possible :realmad:; for those ones that have such a feature, you should first export to file their configuration/settings, uninstall the outdated version and then install from Google Store the updated version (unlike addons.mozilla.org, Google don't offer previous versions of an extension, and the new, updated, version can't be installed on top of the outdated one, retaining already existing configuration :realmad:); finally, import previous settings from file... ;)

• Like 2

You don't need to run the installer. Just open it with 7-Zip, extract the chrome.7z, and unpack the 7z file! Also User Data will be created in its folder, kinda portable!Capturebrowse.JPG.bc5339ff9708054c5b353b1154e562f2.JPG

• Like 3

It looks nice, it works nicely but there is a problem. I can't import passwords from a .csv file, not even from Chrome or Firefox. Also I am sorry if I bumped this post.

21 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

I translated customized Russian version to Japanese :3

I'd love to know what files needed to be edited and what tools needed for translation.

OFF-TOPIC: I also would like you to make an Extended Kernel for Windows XP! ;)

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 8:19 AM, DragonSC7601 said:

I'd love to know what files needed to be edited and what tools needed for translation.

OFF-TOPIC: I also would like you to make an Extended Kernel for Windows XP! ;)

Hi.

360 extreme explorer has the language resources in zip and srx (zip file)

you can edit it text editior.

But you shoud use pak_mingw32 for Any pak files to unpack and repack.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I installed 12.0.1202, which is a pre-release of 360 Extreme Explorer 12, based on Chromium 78. It can be obtained here: http://www.qiuquan.cc/browser/360chrome.html (behind some other stuff and semi-broken classic captchas)

I installed it on Windows 2000 and XP. However it is quite broken as the first few attempts to use ended in freezes; now it is more stable. However it tries to use IE6 to render everything on Windows 2000; as IE6 is blocked in my firewall that went nowhere quick. XP is being a pill on my T60 so haven't tested as much there, but it was able to load the post-install page without apparently relying on IE.

There is no indication that XP has been dropped so hopefully they will continue refining the product in time for its final release!

Two other notes:

-I had to rename the installer because my English NT5.x installations had a hard time with the Chinese characters and kept telling me "file not found". XP went into a classic GDI+ resource shortage fit and required a logoff when I tried renaming it there.

-I had to copy the EN-US locale file from my v11 install to get v12 to start. However everything is still displayed in Chinese.

Edited by win32
  • Like 2

You mean upload? Then for users' convenience, here it is:

https://mega.nz/#!Z0dE0CAA!oJhI3ZaBDOfkPKgR18lTkPEt3wllL5LxuqiGgl20x2U

I tried again under XP and it tries to use IE for rendering as well.

Then I ran it under Windows 7, where it actually used Chromium. When Windows 2000 is set to identify as Windows 7, the browser just crashes with a "new tab" dialog.

I do hope that they don't force it to use IE on NT 5.x.

Edited by win32
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, win32 said:

I tried again under XP and it tries to use IE for rendering as well.

You need to click on the icon in the form of the letter "e" in the address bar, a lightning icon will appear in its place, which means that the engine has switched to chrome.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, Vistaboy said:

Can't quite understand 

1) an outside-china installer is made in native chinese language :wacko:  

It's probably alright

On 11/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, win32 said:

I installed 12.0.1202, which is a pre-release of 360 Extreme Explorer 12, based on Chromium 78. It can be obtained here: http://www.qiuquan.cc/browser/360chrome.html (behind some other stuff and semi-broken classic captchas)

I installed it on Windows 2000 and XP. However it is quite broken as the first few attempts to use ended in freezes; now it is more stable. However it tries to use IE6 to render everything on Windows 2000; as IE6 is blocked in my firewall that went nowhere quick. XP is being a pill on my T60 so haven't tested as much there, but it was able to load the post-install page without apparently relying on IE.

There is no indication that XP has been dropped so hopefully they will continue refining the product in time for its final release!

Two other notes:

-I had to rename the installer because my English NT5.x installations had a hard time with the Chinese characters and kept telling me "file not found". XP went into a classic GDI+ resource shortage fit and required a logoff when I tried renaming it there.

-I had to copy the EN-US locale file from my v11 install to get v12 to start. However everything is still displayed in Chinese.

360ee v 12.0.1006.0 beta is used "CreateThreadpoolWork", so it crashes at once :3