POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

1 hour ago, Mathwiz said:

For me it did. I couldn't install the other (good) Office 2010 update until I removed it.

@dencorso

Yes, it fixed things for me too.
I have reinstalled it now I've sorted out my Office 2010 installation.
I assume this problem will affect all MSI installs, but I'll wait and see!
:)

I found the resource table of the localized NTDLL.DLL has been broken since Jan 2016.

Japanese, Korean, Italian .... etc.

(English version has no problem)

The following article shows the detail :3

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1981317.html

That is too awful that the reason of  XP shows "Application Exit by CTRL+C"  when embedded Windows XP update is applied,  (Japanese blog).

Of course KB4493563 is also broken.

Edited by blackwingcat

On 3/25/2019 at 9:02 AM, glnz said:

By the way, I am still trying to figure out how to move my 61 years of accumulated email in OE6 (with many, many folders - did I say many?) to an email client on my dual-booting Win7+10 machine.  It looks like the best way will be (a) to EXPORT my OE emails to Outlook 2003 on my XP machine, which I've never used, (b) make its Outlook data storage folder sharable across my home network, and (c) import that into Outlook in Office 365 on my Win 7 machine.

Just did this for my Dad, who was migrating from XP to a Windows 10 (I know!) machine.

OE Classic lets you just copy your .DBX local email folder files to some location on the new machine and voila: it's (almost very nearly) like you're still using OE6! Same look and feel. The biggest caveat is that drag-and-drop file attachment doesn't work in OE Classic; you have to use an Explorer window to locate files to attach to your email (a headache for my aged dad, who's used to doing things a certain way).

The entire migration process took less than an hour from start to finish. And Dad was delighted with the end result; he didn't have to change or adapt to something new. Not free, but fairly nominal.

(Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with OE Classic -- just a very satisfied customer.)

Edited by Zapfenzieher
disclaimer

3 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

I found the resource table of the localized NTDLL.DLL has been broken since Jan 2016.

Japanese, Korean, Italian .... etc.

(English version has no problem)

The following article shows the detail :3

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1981317.html

That is too awful that the reason of  XP shows "Application Exit by CTRL+C"  when embedded Windows XP update is applied,  (Japanese blog).

Of course KB4493563 is also broken.

Yes, the Italian version is definitely broken as I've never received the description of errors, but I knew that whenever I was getting "application exit with CTRL+C" in Italian, it meant that the programme I was trying to load wasn't finding some kernel calls so I had to click "ok" and give dependency walker a go, trying to find out what was missing.

Ever since I modified the language to English, it started displaying error messages correctly again, though.

I think that as long as it's just about error messages not correctly displayed in the Italian version, it's not a big deal, as we can find which kernel calls are missing ourselves whenever that error pops up. (Or just be a bit international and switch to English. :) ).

By the way, black wing cat, we have a Skype group for the development of One Core API and I'd like you to join us as you are an experienced coder and you would be a valued contributor. (Add me: franceopf@gmail.com - francebb1)

I can confirm the ntdll.dll bug in hungarian and czech versions. Microsoft added a new message (ID: 0x8020000B) in Feb 2016, but forgot to update the localized resources. All following messages are shifted by 1 except the last one (which is also a new message). So most of the messages are messed up.

Roytam1 and ED_SIn and Dave-H - So if I run KB4494528 (which spoils Windows Installer). then to fix, all I need to do is open a cmd window and type or paste each of these?

regsvr32 MSI.DLL
regsvr32 MSIHND.DLL
regsvr32 MSISIP.DLL

Or, instead of opening a cmd window, I just open a WIN+R Run window and paste and run each of the same?

Thanks,

Edited by glnz

I just ran the commands one by one in the "Run" box.
And yes, it has fixed the problem!
Quite unbelievable that they missed such a basic thing as re-registering the DLLs in the KB4494528 patch!
Thanks to @roytam1for spotting it!
:worship:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

regsvr32 MSI.DLL
regsvr32 MSIHND.DLL
regsvr32 MSISIP.DLL

14 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Does that fix it?
Was that all it was, the DLLs not being registered?

9 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

Thank! This really fix the error.

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I just ran the commands one by one in the "Run" box.
And yes, it has fixed the problem!
Quite unbelievable that they missed such a basic thing as re-registering the DLLs in the KB4494528 patch!
Thanks to @roytam1for spotting it! :worship:

@roytam1: You do rock! :worship:   :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

1 hour ago, kikuk said:

seems like the german version got no problem w/ KB4494528

I use the german version an had to fix the problem.

Office 2010 updates won't run without fix (uninstall or register dll)