POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Final patch Tuesday !

who are hobbyist know what heck goes behind making money for Microsoft. Windows is no more  owned /licensed by user , it is now like Netflix of operating system .

It is end of service not end of life . Windows XP is kicking and it will still keep kicking until the day world ends . Remember XP got Windows NT kernel which is more than enough to make it next os/2.

Let windows 7 eos comes , which is obviously closer to us like door to heaven for us but it will be door to hell for Microsoft.

Microsoft might not consider but you know truth is bitter.  NT6.X is failure. Those who just browse Facebook and run Microsoft office they will never realise that . Windows Vista is better writen than bloody windows 7 and successor. Lazy asses over Microsoft replaced most old win32 api with stubs . Don't believe me ? Use a disassembler to see it yourself.

When major companies will move to windows 10 and it's embedded versions , tons of old systems will become sluggish and un usable . We will get some tons of e-waste , we shall Thanks Microsoft for that .

I know what being die-hard means and what it means to run my favourite piece of software. I don't see software as tool they are more of a living persons to me .

Windows NT 5.X is & was the most stable kernel ever designed by Microsoft . I am not claiming it . Windows 2000 proven what stability really means yet being light weight . XP proven what it means to user-friendly yet robust system needs to be .Sever 2003 proven what actually stability , speed and performance means on earth . Server 2003 was regarded as rival of Linux .

Three daughters of Windows NT 4.0 will be alive and kicking on the Earth .

Windows 2000: robust and reliable who is smart .

2k-tan.jpg[/url]

Windows XP : most dependable and user-friendly person who loves her user .images.jpg[/url]

Windows 2003: she stays Strick always on performance issues . She doesn't consider crashes as any good things . She loves to work day and night and most dependable os for servers.

images-1.jpg[/url]

Picture credit goes to respective artist . I don't had links of these pictures. I have downloaded them back in days to use as my wallpapers.

Edited by Dibya

As long as we continue receiving browser updates, I don't see any good reason to drop XP in favor of a newer OS. Windows XP is extremely light on system resources, has an enormous software library, and is quite reliable. I'll continue using it long after POS Ready 2009 updates end.

Sparty - But there won't be any more updates for IE8.  That means that some related parts of XP will also not be updated, such as my much loved Outlook Express 6.

By the way, I am still trying to figure out how to move my 61 years of accumulated email in OE6 (with many, many folders - did I say many?) to an email client on my dual-booting Win7+10 machine.  It looks like the best way will be (a) to EXPORT my OE emails to Outlook 2003 on my XP machine, which I've never used, (b) make its Outlook data storage folder sharable across my home network, and (c) import that into Outlook in Office 365 on my Win 7 machine.

(This is important because when the aliens arrive in 25,000 years, my email archive starting in 1957 will be an invaluable guide to Earth culture in this millennium.  And emails from MSFN will be noted with approval.) 

However, I am not sure that these particular moves will guide the final Outlook (O365 on Win 7) enough so that it DOES NOT DOWNLOAD DUPLICATE EMAILS when I link it to my external email accounts.  There are many permutations in the process, and I'm just beginning to see some of them.  I would need a week to try all the routes, with backups and restores along the way to git rid of bad steps.

Also, when I link my Outlook (O365 on Win 7), I will -- for the first time ever -- link to my external email accounts as IMAP, where until today I have always been POP3 (with the OE6 instruction "Leave copy on server and in desk drawer" turned on).  What will happen then?  I think I'll be discovering a new way to destroy the internet.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, glnz said:

I am still trying to figure out how to move my 61 years of accumulated email in OE6

:blink: Man, whatever you've smoked, it was real strong! No offense meant but... the ARPANET turns 50 next Oct 30, so that's simply not possible (let alone inside OE6)... :dubbio:

Haha, I often come here to read @glnz posts, just for that extra comical effect.

I remember that I transferred my OE emails to Thunderbird, but it was a decade or more ago, I don't even remember how I did it, so sorry I can't help with that.

As for the XP after the last patch Tuesday, I intend to use it as long as it is possible, not just because I like it, but for my current hardware is not capable for running something newer, except some Linux distros, which I use from time to time.

And I have no doubt, this great XP loving community at MSFN, and some others will still be alive and kicking, for years to come. :)

1 hour ago, Mathwiz said:

I suspect @glnz may have exaggerated a bit for comic effect ;)

@Mathwiz don't be ridiculous.  These are technical forums, people don't do that here.

@glnz the simplest way to move those 61 years of accumulated emails is to just use pencil and paper and a little transcription time; then simply re-construct the data manually.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, dencorso said:

:buehehe:

Actually, I did it manually when I switched from Outlook Express 6 to Thunderbird on my new Windows 10 machine.   I went to each e mail, saved it to a folder on my secondary drive labelled for the folder it was originally stored.   When Thunderbird was installed on the new machine, I went to the saved e mail, opened it and designated what folder to save it within Thunderbird.  It was a long drawn out process for sure, but, was the only method I could determine to export and import my mail from Outlook Express 6 to Thunderbird.   @dencorso those laughs are definitely for someone standing on the side lines as an observer.  Actually undertaking the project is a pain!!  LOL!!

Edited by Dclem

I know how hard it is. I'm laughing because @bluebolt's reply is loaded wth fine irony (a rare thing, nowadays). In fact, in the far past, when I used pine through telneting to one of the mainframes I had accounts on for e-mail, I used to ftp everything back to me from time to time. Then I moved on to using webmail and never looked back. Nowadays, I save local copies of everything I deem important (say... about 1% of what remains after eliminating the spam that got through my filters) and the rest I know I may loose, just like I did when My Way closed suddenly on me. But life is like that. I know by now that I rarely reference old messages, except sometimes to carve a forgotten e-mail address (because I don't use electronic address books in any form to prevent any possible invader from getting my contact list the easy way) or to find out whether some more distant contact's issue are one or more daughter or son or both and which age they are and maybe even their names (!). Thus, I reckon the if I suddenly lost all my archived past e-mails, my apparent social skills (if any) would be somewhat impaired. But that's no big loss... and time heals it. I've never kept a personal journal nor do have many physical photos around (let alone those electronic ones like .tiffs, .pngs or the horribly lossy .jpegs one cannot enlarge decently). My memories are inside my head. Someday they'll be gone like tears in rain. But I'm fine with that. 

My memories are inside my head. Someday they'll be gone like tears in rain. But I'm fine with that. 

Oh... :'(

I know by now that I rarely reference old messages

I do search for old emails from time to time, but only for work-related issues, procedures, technical specifications and so on. I rarely access old emails on my personal email too, though, except for a few starred messages I archived as important as they contain valuable informations; for instance, when I've got a digital copy of my National Insurance Number, my healthcare insurance documents, an email stating that I passed the British Citizenship Test, the one I received when I've got my Settled Status (damn Brexit) and so on...

Don't get me wrong, I do have all the original documents printed and stamped, but I always keep the emails as well.

Edited by FranceBB