Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

tomasz86

Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

Just a quick update, as I decided not to pay for the "windowsarchives.com" domain any more, and it has recently expired. The reason is that I have other things, unrelated to Windows, which I also want to share, so I would rather use and pay for just one single domain under my own name, and keep all the other things in their respective subfolders. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you will understand :).

Anyhow, the Windows Archives website is, of course, not dead, and from now on will be available under https://twilczynski.com/windows.

• Upvote 2

Just to add a note, something in the unofficial 5.1 service pack by Gurgelmeyer is breaking the connection between my iPod Nano 1st Gen and iTunes (Windows 2000 cannot recognize it anymore). When I do a clean install up to the SP4, the iPod works again flawlessly. I thought it was worth mentioning here because maybe the problem would persist with the USP 5.2 if it were unnoticed. The iPod is seen by Device Manager as an yellow flagged "USB Mass Storage Device" and not seen as a drive nor seen as a device by iTunes when I apply all the hotfixes.

Yes, the USP 5.1 installs buggy USB drivers from one of the hotfixes. Check 

for details. That is one of the reasons why I do not recommend using it, and rather slipstream/integrate everything separately, excluding the problematic files.

Edited by tomasz86

11 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

Yes, the USP 5.1 installs buggy USB drivers from one of the hotfixes. Check 

for details. That is one of the reasons why I do not recommend using it, and rather slipstream/integrate everything separately, excluding the problematic files.

I basically fixed it by doing a backup of these drivers before updates so I could put them baack. Worked wonders

Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend slipstreaming .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 using the HFSLIP 2000 FullPack, as it breaks Sony Vegas Pro 10 with a "failed to initialize script runtime" error.

I removed the slipstreamed .NET 2.0, ran the standalone installer and now it loads.

Everything else has been running smoothly on my main machines though. :)

• Upvote 1