HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

They are non-critical, but KB817855 (wmpns.dll 9.0.0.3002), KB884723 (wmspdmo(d/e).dll 9.0.0.3254), KB885641 (qasf.dll 9.0.0.3254), KB886610 (drmv2clt.dll 9.0.0.3259), KB887078 (wmvcore.dll 9.0.0.3259) and KB885353 (wmnetmgr.dll 9.0.0.3260).

There is also a long list of WMP10 fixes for XP, and a few hotfixes for WMP10 for 2003 SP1.

the_guy

For those you'd need one of the experimental releases. The current stable doesn't automatically pick up new binaries from Type 1 hotfixes.

BTW... It just occured to me that you probably won't get a shortcut icon for WMP9... :rolleyes:

@Tomcat: That's weird. What happens in XP and 2003 is that there's just 1 in the start menu for all users. Maybe do the same for 2000?

Also, what someone should do is (if it was supported by HFSLIP) make a list of WMP hotfixes (that aren't on WU).

the_guy

Windows XP has the shortcut out of the box because of WMP8 and 9.

If it can't be done with one of the INF files in MPSetup.exe or a special command on one of the executables, I may have to drop WMP9 slipstreaming. Force-adding it is not an option because the "Start Menu", "Accessories" and "Entertainment" folders are named differently depending on the language.

A few questions about the experimental releases:

Since you're telling all users to ditch HFSPLUG1.CMD, does that mean everything is incorporated in the experimental releases now (60923exp and later)?

Also, at one point you said only so-and-so was supported. Has this been updated?

Finally, what does "wip" stand for in the filename? :P

WIP -> Work In Progress ;)

Whoooaaaa.

I'm working too hard, I don't even know which day is it. :ph34r:

Ok, in fact, I know we are saturday because I don't work tomorrow. :P

But I'm still wondering if MS already released this month's hotfixes.

...quick calculation..., answer is yes.

I'll try to test this new release asap. ;)