4 minutes ago, hidao said:

I download Thorium and extract it ,but how can I use it?

You have the wrong version downloaded, for XP you need to download Thorium_122.0.6261.168_WINXP_x32.zip. In the unpacked folder run thorium.exe or run one of cmd for installation or portable mode.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, ED_Sln said:

You have the wrong version downloaded, for XP you need to download Thorium_122.0.6261.168_WINXP_x32.zip. In the unpacked folder run thorium.exe or run one of cmd for installation or portable mode.

spacer.png

I don't find this version,where did you find it?

by the way ,you can usd sm.ms and the other to upload picture and send here

@Dave-H

Thorium has the setting you need, in chrome://flags #close-window-with-last-tab toggle to "Never" and the browser will no longer shut down when you close the last tab.

14 hours ago, George King said:

Fully updated Windows is always key, specially in XP days. I can't uderstand why a lot of people ignoring UpdatePacks and they crying and complaining. It's still same after another 10 years.

System requirements mention XP SP1. SP1! Where are those days... 99% of developers wouldn't even mention it as it's usually support nightmare (dealing with updateless OS). But number of people seem to have weird beliefs about updates, thinking they're smarter running without them and expecting everything to run smoothly regardless.

37 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

It's still same after another 10 years.

A George King fan, his driver collection has been a lifesaver, but it's not the same -- the source code was leaked, many new exploits found. Update packs (past whatever Legacy Update installs/are already a part of XP Integ One Who Must Not Be Named) seem a bit like installing more locks in a house of straw. Posted from XP x64/Supermium btw.

18 hours ago, RamonUn said:

I do use XP (actually server 2003) as a daily drives main OS, bare metal I do 99% of everything with it, including web browsing.

<OT>

Me too and I just use Linux for what XP won't do.

<OT>

I don't know, hate to say it, I'm not having very good luck with Thorium so for me, the last Supermium works best. Thorium crashes on the first launch and hangs even on MSFN whereas Supermium improved much over 121. However if I just do nothing and wait it will un-hang and the forum comes up. Requires a lot of patience. 

26 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Requires a lot of patience.

Bingo!

While it is a great thing for Supermium and Thorium to bring "cutting edge" browse-ability to XP, it is clear that XP is quickly quickly quickly becoming something only seen in RETIREMENT HOMES.

You know, where the user has 40 minutes to perform what would only take 4 minutes in Win10.

On 4/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I would add that Thorium has existed longer than Supermium.

that man released his chrome browser for XP long before Supermium man did.

https://github.com/Alex313031/chromium-xp/releases

some people on here seem not to understand that github allows you to FORK anyone's work. 

please give it a rest and stop with the ''rip-off'' and ''clone'' BS

Edited by Milkinis