2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

How "long time membership" is relevant if a member writes a gross over-exaggeration in terms of hardware requirements?

You were "attacked" with the fact of Core Quad/DDR2 being enough for that Firefox task? LOL. Well, frankly, it's not my problem. 

Jody, this attraction is not mutual, sorry to disappoint, please stop chasing me, also don't involve me into the affairs with other members.

If you want to talk, we can talk, but only if you try to prove me wrong with the similar results on your hardware. I'm not interested in your usual derailing activities. I don't see "admin" on your account.

I'm not chasing you, so stop flattering yourself.  But when I see crap behaviour, I'll make it my business to point it out as a good citizen.

But I get it now.  Your mantra if, "If I disagree with you, I'll treat you poorly."  Thanks I got it loud and clear.

I wish the admins of this board would do something about your behaviour (by that I mean collectively you, Dixel, and Saxon).  Many of us other have been pulled aside and given warnings for WAY LESS.

56 minutes ago, reboot12 said:

@VistaLover @mina7601

OK, but:

• I don't want to use uBO
  • I use only a few forums based on discourse: winraid, openwrt or coreelec

I am not disturbed by the way with the Modify HTTP Response plugin :yes:

Yes, I perfectly understand that like me you don't want to use uBO. I am just saying that the userscript manager solution is much easier in my opinion, and that it's the solution I had so much luck with, my apologies, forgot to clarify that in my post.

Edited by mina7601

On 2/11/2024 at 6:36 AM, PPeti66x said:

@roytam1

New Moon v27.10 (2024-02-08)

I was unable to save JPG images by right-click and Save Image As... (other types not tested). (I do not updated the New Moon cca. 2 months, so I do not known, when it introduced.)

The "Show downloads for this session" button is still not good. It not lists even the files currently downloading. Is there a way to pre-initialize this without user clicks? Or at least list files, that are currently downloading (download not finished yet).

this problem should be fixed by this rev and will be available in next build: https://github.com/roytam1/palemoon27/commit/42c5a40440b8472f99e87c57cb39aad38ecb90ea

11 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

What's wrong with you D.Draker?

Apparently @D.Draker doesn't understand the concept of hyperbole. Of course it was an extreme exaggeration; I had hoped that was obvious to everyone, but apparently not.

But he did leave me wondering: what exactly is an "over-exaggeration?" Is there such a thing as an "under-exaggeration?" If I had said 16 MB and an 8-core processor, would he have accused me of under-exaggerating because I only exaggerated a little?

And what level of exaggeration is "just right?" Is 32 MB the "Goldilocks" level of exaggeration in D.Draker's opinion?

(BTW, even 8GB and a quad-core processor is rather beyond the hardware used by the typical XP user.)

The download from the website https://thesage-english-dictionary-and-thesaurus.sooftware.com/windows/download/395678 doesn't work in the most recent and the previous version of New Moon 28. Here is a screenshot:

New-Moon-28-sooftware.png

Besides a CSP warning, the issue is mainly related to a function in the JavaScript file download.js of this website. The culprit is the performDownload function. In Mypal68, the download of both files is working.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

17 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Hmm yes, much better, thanks!

uBO (web extension version) can strip these parameters. :)

• AdGuard URL Tracking Protection (built in)
  • Actually Legitimate URL Shortener Tool; from:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DandelionSprout/adfilt/master/LegitimateURLShortener.txt

For Pale Moon/New Moon: Pure URL.

https://deusrex.neocities.org/xul/pureurl/pureurl

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/pureurl4pm/

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The download from the website https://thesage-english-dictionary-and-thesaurus.sooftware.com/windows/download/395678 doesn't work in the most recent and the previous version of New Moon 28. Here is a screenshot:

New-Moon-28-sooftware.png

Besides a CSP warning, the issue is mainly related to a function in the JavaScript file download.js of this website. The culprit is the performDownload function. In Mypal68, the download of both files is working.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

I had a deeper look inside the JavaScript file download.js. Here is the code of the performDownload function:

(function(){function performDownload(num){event.preventDefault();var xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();xmlHttp.onreadystatechange=function(){if(xmlHttp.readyState==4&&xmlHttp.status==200){var response_text=xmlHttp.responseText;if(response_text.includes("sooftware.com/apps/"))
location.assign(response_text);else window.open(response_text,'_blank');}}
xmlHttp.open("post",tmp_folder+"performDownload.php?softId="+download_files_hash+"&linkNumber="+num);xmlHttp.send();return false}

The window property event is not defined (download.js:1:43). I think the variable num should actually have been there instead of event to get the preventDefault function working. In New Moon 28, the script therefore doesn't seem to be executed in contrast to Mypal 68. IMHO, event is obviously not defined in the download.js file when looking into it. Just my thoughts. :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

The download from the website 

https://thesage-english-dictionary-and-thesaurus.sooftware.com/windows/download/395678

doesn't work in the most recent and the previous version of New Moon 28.

... Confirmed in my copy of Serpent 52 :yes: ; to make the JS code served by that site perform its intended task (i.e. produce a file to download), load "about:config", locate pref "dom.window.event.enabled" and toggle its value to "true" - then the download should work; unsure whether toggling that pref has unforeseen security implications :whistle:...

Greetings :P

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

... Confirmed in my copy of Serpent 52 :yes: ; to make the JS code served by that site perform its intended task (i.e. produce a file to download), load "about:config", locate pref "dom.window.event.enabled" and toggle its value to "true" - then the download should work; unsure whether toggling that pref has unforeseen security implications :whistle:...

Greetings :P

Toggling the pref "dom.window.event.enabled" from false to true did the trick. Thanks for the tip! :) So this pref enables the Event interface representing an event which takes place in the DOM. I had a look at Mozilla. This pref unfortunately seems to be deprecated. Here is a link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/event?

Edited by AstroSkipper

... And this is a 100% pure Googl-ism :P , as the Browser compatibility table there indicates that feature as present in Google Chrome 1.0 (!), released 2008-12-11, but only implemented in Mozilla Firefox starting with v66.0, released more than 11 years (!) later ;) ...

@roytam1

Thanks!

An another bug found (still New Moon v27.10 (2024-02-08)): I was unable to use Alt+CharacterCode to enter language-specific characters (e.g. Alt+251 = ű). Seems that all text fields are affected (search field, address bar, message fields in HTML pages).

On 2/10/2024 at 6:26 PM, VistaLover said:

(and will likely move on to the recently surfaced, Vista-x86-compatible, "higher Chromium" varieties (115/119/121) whenever GH breaks considerably on 86/87) :whistle:...

What about compatibility of these varieties with old low-RAM laptops? GitHub easily wastes gigabytes in modern Chromium.

18 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... And this is a 100% pure Googl-ism :P , as the Browser compatibility table there indicates that feature as present in Google Chrome 1.0 (!), released 2008-12-11, but only implemented in Mozilla Firefox starting with v66.0, released more than 11 years (!) later ;) ...

spacer.png

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_access.html