Supermium

DRM is disabled in Supermium, and even if it could be enabled (I haven't tried), as per @VistaLover, it wouldn't work. I don't use DRM, didn't claim it works. I only say an unconstrained Supermium 121 in XP gets widewine, something I haven't seen in years.

Edited by dmiranda

Many thanks to @dmiranda for sending me instructions on how to rebase DLL files and whilst that did help with the previous version, this new version is way worse on my system with GPU acceleration and I don't know wha to make of this. However I needed hand holding to learn how to rebase and I think I made my ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 Redux a little faster on youtube. 

Agian, thank so much, but I'll stick to the previous version of Supermium, I guess, unless somebody knows what to do. 

EDIT: Fixed typo

Edited by XPerceniol

4 hours ago, 66cats said:

Need to wait for another fix.

Problems Detected

Gpu compositing has been disabled, either via blocklist, about:flags or the command line. The browser will fall back to software compositing and hardware acceleration will be unavailable.

Disabled Features: gpu_compositing

Disabled Features gpu_compositing.jpg

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Agian, thank so much, but I'll stick to the previous version of Supermium, I guess, unless somebody knows what to do.

Add startup flags to disable acceleration, or simply go to chrome://flags/ and search for acceleration, then disable all occurrences, relaunch.

7 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Gpu compositing has been disabled

At least you have video encode/decode (watch YT at glorious resolutions) & some semblance of HW WebGL (to watch aquarium, i guess) :cheerleader:

5 hours ago, 66cats said:

At least you have video encode/decode (watch YT at glorious resolutions) & some semblance of HW WebGL (to watch aquarium, i guess) :cheerleader:

Only H264 works, I tried on Windows 8. Take a look at his screenshot, Youtube's codecs VP8 and VP9, D3D11 acceleration are still blocked.

9 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I only say an unconstrained Supermium 121 in XP gets widewine, something I haven't seen in years.

Forget someone can hack Widewine today to make it work on Xp. I simply wrote I need this DRM for my usage in some cases and for that I need to use an other OS.

Edited by seven4ever

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

No freezing on Win7 in a VM is easily explainable due to the absence of hardware acceleration and GPU related rasterisation/compositing, which is the main cause of such Win7 hang-ups, when you run it in a VM - basically everything is done only on CPU, like on XP.

There are "acceleration" options for VirtualBox VM's.  I've never "wasted my time" experimenting with them.  But that's also because when I ran XP, I never ever EVER "believed in" hardware acceleration!

extend that to my Win10 usage because whenever you read tutorials on "how to fix" an issue you are having, in the top three always is the suggestion to DISABLE HARDWARE ACCELERATION.

Not to be miread, I'm sure it's "great" when it works, but I do not need it for they way that I use my computer.  I don't play games, I don't stream DRM, I don't video-edit, and whatever else HA is meant to "improve".

image.png.28086c100c17c333365d10eb3887a4b6.png

image.png.b410a9294c335d8cd67486c4d5d9749e.png

48 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

There are "acceleration" options for VirtualBox VM's.  I've never "wasted my time" experimenting with them.  But that's also because when I ran XP, I never ever EVER "believed in" hardware acceleration!

And to be complete, hardware acceleration is disabled for XP and VirtualBox 6.1+

15 hours ago, 66cats said:

At least you have video encode/decode (watch YT at glorious resolutions) & some semblance of HW WebGL (to watch aquarium, i guess) 

this map loads fast enough on 360chrome however it's almost unusable with Supermium 121... can you confirm this ?

https://www.360cities.net/image/mars-panorama-perseverance-rover-martian-solar-day-0965

I don't expect it to run as smooth as it does with Win7 of course

Edited by Milkinis

... For people on WinXP SP3 "trialing" the latest Sm-121-hf x86 release, win32 is kindly providing recompiled+rebased versions of files: 

api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll

that will reduce excessive RAM usage by the browser on pre-Vista OSes: 

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/204#issuecomment-1924048080
https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/204#issuecomment-1924437338
https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/204#issuecomment-1924647139

:P

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

Hi, seems to be working for me (software) in XP x64, will update on 32-bit & Vista in a few mins.

Edit: works in 32-bit XP and Vista, but running on software across the board (at least on this box). 

Another edit: partial HW acceleration in 7 on this box

Edited by 66cats